Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 35865 times)

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2019, 04:04:34 pm »

So with my OP character I posted...

Level 2, soloed a pack of 6 centaurs. Then right after 2 giants+bear showed up, soloed those too. I can if I really wanted to exploit (I did try it but I'd rather make money) spam fireballs on the ground for all of time cause I get spell points back and take no damage. I laughed but I'm not gonna do that, cause my character is already OP as it is. She is gonna be so strong later on its gonna be so broken rofl

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2019, 01:23:36 am »

I'm level five and I have some decent enchanted stuff, plenty of useful spells and enough mana to cast them a few times before needing to rest. I think after I finish one more dungeon for the Mage's Guild, I'm going to do some shopping (I want at least a dwarven axe and long blade) and try the main quest. The only thing I could really wish for at the moment is more spell points and HP, and the only way I'm going to get those is more grinding.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2019, 08:35:03 am »

So I found what I think is a magical door. How do I actually into it?
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2019, 09:16:05 am »

But they still appear as holes in the automap, right?
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2019, 09:59:55 am »

No, not actual door's, they're like blue circle portals on the wall. Or are those actual doors?
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2019, 12:28:20 pm »

Screenshot?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2019, 02:18:50 pm »

Can't figure out what to do with them for the life of me. There's like 3-5 of them in this dungeon.

Also, related question: I'm having a super huge trouble finding the item I'm supposed to find here and the quest is spawning skeletons every so often to haunt me. Being level 2 I can take one of them, but my health has been slowly nicked down, I'm almost out of stamina, and I would be able to rest and recover because they spawn even while sleeping, interrupting the rest. So I'm pretty screwed. If i Reload the game from before I entered the dungeon, is there a chance the plot item will spawn in another place that might be easier to find?
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2019, 03:56:13 pm »

Got to another dungeon, found another teleporter. This time I got teleported, so it seems it was just in that dungeon that none of the portals worked.
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2019, 05:05:53 pm »

i think your blue circled teleporters are your used graphic mod ( DREAM i think ? ) that is replacing the "red brick wall" normal teleporter.

Those "red brick walls" are working oddly in Daggerfall, sometime you must walk through them so they can work, sometime you must click on them to make them work (as walking through wouldn't do) and i have seen some that do nothing at all (probably a bug as Daggerfall was notorious of having so many)

So i guess it was very bad luck that the dungeon generated only with the "do nothing at all" version, unless one of the mods you're using broke them, as usually i may have only 1 of them not working, all of the other are either walk through or activate type.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »

Ah, that would explain it. Yeah, I'm using a bunch of mods, DREAM among them.

Had to abandon that one dungeon too though as I managed to explore the entire complex except a single door that was magically sealed that I was unable to find the opener to. I managed to fully explore the next dungeon though, thank god, including an underwater part that I really should not have been able to make it through. Turns out giants are pansies when trapped in a tiny room on the other side of a doorway.

Spoiler: water exploit found (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2019, 08:47:13 pm »

The doors "protected by magic lock" usually are for using the Open spell on them (or use a magic item that has said spell in it if you can't afford casting that spell depending on your class bonus/malus/etc..)

For doors that have no message, it's usually a lever or a wheel to activate somewhere.

I found a nice mod that modify the lights, disabling the flickering that got annoying my eyes it gives a very nice atmosphere even on the retro rendering i'm playing with, lowering the default light settings can make the mod delivering some nicely dramatic scenery.
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2019, 02:18:33 am »

Okay so I noticed references to light from player torches in that  mod's pages, but my torches or lanterns never give off any light. Do you have to do anything more than equip them for that to use them? Or am I a bug?

I'm not asking why this is by the way, unless there's a setting somewhere that I might have missed. I have bunch of mods installed and I'm not able to recall all off them off hand, and I'm not at my computer so this question was posed before I've had the opportunity to check myself. I just want to know if using torches are supposed to make a noticeable difference in-game?
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2019, 03:08:38 am »

It's one of the options under "Enhancements" when you start the game, which I believe is off by default.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2019, 03:19:31 am »

Ah! That could explain it. Gotta remember to check (and check!) that next time. Thanks!

edit: yeah, i found it. There was a whole bunch of stuff in there I had missed!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:42:31 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2019, 04:58:49 am »

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14