Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 36498 times)

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2019, 07:56:45 pm »

Getting into Daggerfall for the first time. Right now I'm doing a fun melee build that seems kinda OP (I'm totally okay with that) that I found on a youtube video. I'd probably like to play a magic heavy build sometime in the future. Any recommendations for fun, even OP mage builds?

Look on page 7 for my mage build. The build is in a spoiler since its really cheaty. 3 posts from the bottom. Its godmode pretty much lol. Later once I get to a higher level its gonna be so broken.

That build looks pretty neat. A few quick questions. Any easy ways to go about contracting vampirism? And is there an easier way to access your spells without having to go into your inventory and using your spellbook?

1st one dunno yet since haven't got that far, I think it might just be a random chance thing. 2nd one I don't think so, but opening spellbook pauses the game at least. So you dont get attacked while its open. Then if you want to re-cast the same spell, its just "Q" and you can cast it again.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2019, 08:50:50 pm »

Thanks. Also, what Reflex settings do most people go for? Very high?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2019, 09:12:21 pm »

I've only ever done average. The game is hard enough in the early game without the enemies being super speed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2019, 09:34:37 pm »

It seems they limited house selection.I remember it used to have many varity of houses sold in daggerfall bank,but now it's just one.Did I missed something?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2019, 06:24:06 pm »

Getting into Daggerfall for the first time. Right now I'm doing a fun melee build that seems kinda OP (I'm totally okay with that) that I found on a youtube video. I'd probably like to play a magic heavy build sometime in the future. Any recommendations for fun, even OP mage builds?

Look on page 7 for my mage build. The build is in a spoiler since its really cheaty. 3 posts from the bottom. Its godmode pretty much lol. Later once I get to a higher level its gonna be so broken.

That build looks pretty neat. A few quick questions. Any easy ways to go about contracting vampirism? And is there an easier way to access your spells without having to go into your inventory and using your spellbook?

1st one dunno yet since haven't got that far, I think it might just be a random chance thing. 2nd one I don't think so, but opening spellbook pauses the game at least. So you dont get attacked while its open. Then if you want to re-cast the same spell, its just "Q" and you can cast it again.

Found out that the backspace key opens up the spell book! Also, running into an issue with spell absorption. I'm not actually gaining any mana when I hit myself with an AoE, just getting enough back to basically even out what I spent. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2019, 06:51:26 pm »

Well, I had to give up on a dungeon for a random quested that tasked me with exploring a monastery in search of the legendary, one-of-a-kind book... "Book".

I had to give up because I spent to much time resting between combats that I was about to run out of time and it would take longer than that just to get back to the questgiver.

Also got lost and my ebony dagger almost broke, so it was a damn miracle I was able to get out of that pit of imps, monks and skeletons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2019, 07:51:43 pm »

Found out that the backspace key opens up the spell book! Also, running into an issue with spell absorption. I'm not actually gaining any mana when I hit myself with an AoE, just getting enough back to basically even out what I spent. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Oh nice, thanks for the tip about backspace.

And about the spell, that seems to be normal until you get spell cost to go down. That is one reason to join that one vampire group for the 5 cost AOE frost spell. With that said, maybe it changed in unity at some point, because I still only get the same amount of mana back. From what I read with that build and quite a few other builds, is should get (eventually?) more mana back than it takes to cast.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2019, 10:01:37 pm »

Actually, nevermind about spell absorption. I found a mod that adds mana regen like in the newer elder scrolls games.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1653

Has a settings menu you can access from the mod menu that lets you tweak how much you regen etc.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:41 pm »

Actually, nevermind about spell absorption. I found a mod that adds mana regen like in the newer elder scrolls games.

https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1653

Has a settings menu you can access from the mod menu that lets you tweak how much you regen etc.

Well thats a must have for me! Nice find

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2019, 07:31:47 am »

Very good !

As without taking a mana =  x3 INT advantage to have enough mana to cast a few spell, by default you're stuck with casting 2 or at most 3 weak spells (or only 1 strong assuming you have high int enough to be able to afford it) before having to rest for long enough to regain mana (hoping you're not going to be interrupted by enemies spawning nearby).

regenerating mana makes spellcasting a lot more interesting to play.

Odd that while there was renegerating health there was no regenerating mana advantage to pick for custom classes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2019, 09:38:39 am »

It seems they limited house selection.I remember it used to have many varity of houses sold in daggerfall bank,but now it's just one.Did I missed something?

I think there is one house you can buy in each country, but each country has a different style of house.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2019, 12:49:29 pm »

Well, I decided to scrap my character because everyone just hated me for whatever reason (failing quests? completing "murder this rando" quests? I dunno). Will go with a more magic-oriented character this time and not bar myself from using plate like a fool.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2019, 04:49:19 pm »

Everyone hates you only in the region you did this murderous quest.

But with time you should recover your badly hurt regional reputation there (as it go back to 0, 1 point at a time every months), so you can move to another region to resume your adventures (or travel a lot around to spend time).

The "murder this guy" quest deliver -75 regional reputation points , so you'll have to wait 75 months to get it back to 0 in your region of interest

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2019, 05:07:33 pm »

Alternatively you can bounce back by doing quests for a knightly order of that region.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2019, 08:39:53 am »

Jumped across a gap into a corridor that very quickly kills you if you try to walk through it. Had to levitate through it while a rat was attacking me and the door on the other side was locked.

A quick google search shows that reddit has heard of it, and it's the exact same corridor:

(They drew red to indicate the damaging floor.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14