Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 36432 times)

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2019, 11:27:14 pm »

I was doing Guard the Guild quest,I accidentally click a door that leads to outside during the progress.Then the game decided I stole the magic item even I didn't. Is there a command for restarting this quest?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2019, 12:18:43 am »

Jumped across a gap into a corridor that very quickly kills you if you try to walk through it. Had to levitate through it while a rat was attacking me and the door on the other side was locked.

A quick google search shows that reddit has heard of it, and it's the exact same corridor:

(They drew red to indicate the damaging floor.)

Yes, I think this is one of the only floor traps in the game, certainly it's the only one I remember. I don't think there's anything you can do about it other than levitate over it as you said.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2019, 01:27:06 am »

Jumped across a gap into a corridor that very quickly kills you if you try to walk through it. Had to levitate through it while a rat was attacking me and the door on the other side was locked.

A quick google search shows that reddit has heard of it, and it's the exact same corridor:

(They drew red to indicate the damaging floor.)

I've been to that corridor in one dungeon, it only damages you when you move, I think. If you go straight without dilly-dallying plus a bit of healing you end up in a room with 4 or 5 loot piles (nothing great, just your regular randomly generated piles). I was only level 2 or 3, ended reloading just because the crappy treasure pissed me off.

I suppose you could climb hugging the wall and avoid the trap? Haven't tried...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2019, 12:44:56 pm »

Would jumping help? You're on the floor less that way.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2019, 02:18:35 pm »

I found another type of damaging corridor. It exists as a dead end. Wouldn't have even entered it if I wasn't looking for a lever (which I never found.)

Would jumping help? You're on the floor less that way.
It only helps a little bit.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2019, 04:03:34 pm »

I imagine the way to avoid those things is to just climb along the wall until you are past it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2019, 05:39:28 pm »

Temple of Stendarr sent me to rescue an archeologist in some ruins:

We'll see how merciful Stendarr is to witches! (I mean, assuming she's not wearing a necklace of water breathing, or something.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:41:55 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2019, 06:14:16 am »

We'll see how merciful Stendarr is to witches!
Wait a minute ! Does she weighs the same as a duck ?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2019, 10:40:44 am »

She ain't floating so she's clearly not a witch.

... unless she used her foul witchcraft to cast waterbreathing instead!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2019, 01:21:36 pm »

She ain't floating so she's clearly not a witch.

... unless she used her foul witchcraft to cast waterbreathing instead!
She might be breathing underwater, but that doesn’t discount the fact that she didn’t float. Not a Witch. Might be a mermaid or a Selkie though, so no promises.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »

She might be breathing underwater, but that doesn’t discount the fact that she didn’t float. Not a Witch. Might be a mermaid or a Selkie though, so no promises.
Wouldn't they take on an aquatic form? Probably a vampire. I teleported back, so she didn't get exposed to any sunlight.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2019, 02:36:57 pm »

I figured out you can escape from a dungeon by quick loading and then using the dungeon exit that appears for an instant.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2019, 06:32:13 pm »

It's been some time i haven't played but looking into the DFU board show that there's a lot of greatness there, the roleplay&realism mod had some amazing improved horse handling, the warm ashes mod is becoming more and more a complete must have with interaction and quest from random world-encountered people and infighting that actually work .

The october release of DFU has a lot to it too, i wonder if the november release will top that, as it seems there are several contributors that are going all-in :D

and how could i miss that airship mod, it looks awesome !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjUVv7sYZWM

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2020, 05:33:58 am »

A little necromancy spell,

Daggerfall Unity has reached a new milestone , it is now officially out of Alpha releases, the project is now in Beta
https://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-unity-beta-0-11-0-milestone-accomplished/

(note for those interested but that have never tried : Daggerfall has been fully playable to the end since a long time in that amazing DFU , so don't worry about the words alpha and beta, just get it, get the mods you want and enjoy DFU)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2020, 09:52:01 am »

A little necromancy spell,

Daggerfall Unity has reached a new milestone , it is now officially out of Alpha releases, the project is now in Beta
https://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-unity-beta-0-11-0-milestone-accomplished/

(note for those interested but that have never tried : Daggerfall has been fully playable to the end since a long time in that amazing DFU , so don't worry about the words alpha and beta, just get it, get the mods you want and enjoy DFU)

Did they ever get the flowing water and festivals working like the original devs had planned, or is it more of a "this game, but slightly more modern"?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14