Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 36420 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2019, 06:18:04 am »

Ah yes, i regularly run into this dungeon block with the floating loot, taking the Levitate spell to fly is always a good idea.
There's another dungeon block  that is a very huge open and tall room with some elevation/stairs in the middle and in the center of that elevation there's a big pit going down.
On the side up there there are corridors filled with loot that can be only reached with Levitate or climbing (you can climb back by walking backward to a ledge and D-U will make you go in rappel instead of just falling down, nice new feature)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2019, 06:35:58 am »

I never actually manage to go into rappel mode. I don't know why.

Also: That feeling when a thirty year old game makes your computer lag

Edit: Oh and my first magical item this time was a Tower Shield of Never Tiring, which is great. Do magic items have charges? If they're used up, is the item destroyed? Can you recharge it?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:39:05 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2019, 12:06:15 pm »

Okay so one more question. And this one is a little dumb. But the opening door random sound effect is a random sound effect and not actually doors being opened, right? I mean I really think it is but the uncertainty is kind of driving me insane.
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:09 pm »

It's not a random sound effect, there's an enemy that actually opened a door/secret door nearby.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2019, 01:13:53 pm »

So after abusing enemy AI to kill the first two zombies in Scourg Barrow (the stairs are just a bit too tall for them) I felt like I might have a chance.

After dispatching a few mummies and skeletons, I come upon a scorpion-and-grizzly-bear-filled pit, guarded by a vampire.

If the other prince's quest isn't any easier, it's gonna be back to the Dibella/Fighter/Mage's Guild grind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2019, 05:10:52 pm »

Be careful when you join, the mage guild is hardcore crazy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2019, 07:03:34 pm »

Be careful when you join, the mage guild is hardcore crazy

Wow, executing a guy because he claims he knows the location of a powerful magical artifact that the guild would instead go nuts over. Then again, the Staff of Magnus actually poses a threat to the guild, given that it's a very anti-magic weapon.

Wait, Hannibal Traven was a Breton, right? Might explain the hardcore crazy of the High Rock guilds.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2019, 10:01:40 pm »

As i'm slowly working my way in acquiring a ship (money comes slower than in my memories) and after all the grinding not being too far from being able to afford one, i noticed new the current version ( 0.10.4 ) there's a bug with them
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2521
As the devs have been made aware it should be fixed in future releases.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »

I noticed the ghosts render wrong in Daggerfall Unity, i searched to see if it was a setting i wasn't using correctly, but it's actually known by the developer :
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2166

The "charcoal ghost" mod linked in the thread works very nicely as a solution.
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1526

edit : ran into my first Lich (not the ancient variant) in D-U, this one being a fighter guild quest target

Lucky i had mithril weaponry by now (just reached level 8 before that quest too) as i could destroy that enemy.
It didn't killed itself like most lich did in old Daggerfall (not sure if D-U fixed that or if i ran into one of those rare lich not exploding themselves with their spells) but lucky me probably due to my stats its spells failed on me.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:12:15 pm by Robsoie »

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2019, 05:51:35 pm »

Getting into Daggerfall for the first time. Right now I'm doing a fun melee build that seems kinda OP (I'm totally okay with that) that I found on a youtube video. I'd probably like to play a magic heavy build sometime in the future. Any recommendations for fun, even OP mage builds?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »

Getting into Daggerfall for the first time. Right now I'm doing a fun melee build that seems kinda OP (I'm totally okay with that) that I found on a youtube video. I'd probably like to play a magic heavy build sometime in the future. Any recommendations for fun, even OP mage builds?

Honestly, having the open spell is already fairly OP, but a thief could get good enough to unlock doors as well. As I remember, the quality of goods in a store are based on what you currently have with some slightly worse and some slightly better. Equip the better stuff, and repeat. As a side effect, you get stupidly rich. They reduced the amount of that in future games.

More reasonably, levitate so nobody can melee you, and fire at them with a bow. As with most magic systems, attack magic is worse than utility spells. Although stun spells are pretty nifty.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2019, 09:50:13 am »

so reading this thread got me interested and I fired it up.  Still pretty early in my game, finished a Fighter's guild quest and a quest for the Temple of Kynarreth(playing a Breton Shaman/Paladin type character who is a follower of Kynarreth).  The Fighter's guild quest had me kill a giant, who ended up "calling for help" and infinite spawning more giants, which I initially tried killing as well at level 2 with save scumming, but after a run where I killed 5 giants with 3 more spawned the game crashed and after that I just loaded up the save just after killing the first giant and high tailed it out with giants spawning in on my rear, escaped with just a sliver of health, but thankfully got credit for the quest.

Second one was pretty standard, had to go kill a former priest of Kynareth.  Everything went smoothly, get back to Gothway Gardens, and the damned Temple stiffed me on my 173 gold reward >:(.

It's been fun and entertaining though, especially with mods like Mountains and Hills and Tedious Travel actually making the gameworld worth seeing.  As a fan of survival games though, it's pretty frustrating seeing all these assets with perfect dimensions and aesthetics for a lo-fi building/survival game and not being able to go make that cabin in the middle of nowhere.  Am hoping once the project hits beta we'll start seeing more mods for it which actually affect gameplay a bit more.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:54 am »

Second one was pretty standard, had to go kill a former priest of Kynareth.  Everything went smoothly, get back to Gothway Gardens, and the damned Temple stiffed me on my 173 gold reward >:(.

When can we get a fully destructible building mod?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2019, 11:59:24 am »

Look on page 7 for my mage build. The build is in a spoiler since its really cheaty. 3 posts from the bottom. Its godmode pretty much lol. Later once I get to a higher level its gonna be so broken.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2019, 07:34:22 pm »

Look on page 7 for my mage build. The build is in a spoiler since its really cheaty. 3 posts from the bottom. Its godmode pretty much lol. Later once I get to a higher level its gonna be so broken.

That build looks pretty neat. A few quick questions. Any easy ways to go about contracting vampirism? And is there an easier way to access your spells without having to go into your inventory and using your spellbook?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14