Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military dwarf on a rampage  (Read 1601 times)

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
Military dwarf on a rampage
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »

Okay, I have a big issue going on right now.
My Hammer Lord is going around is going around killing everyone around him. This 16 year old dwarf has already killed 10 12 dwarves and earned the name "Mafol Helmedink the Somber Lessons of Virginity".

His victims includ most of his unit and fellow teen war machines. Any ideas of how or deal with this long awaited!!FUN!! Or should I use this as an opportunity to depopulate the fort.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:43:53 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
Re: Military dwarf on a rampage
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:06 pm »

Best thing to do is get him by himself, or send the military after him, but that has some fun to it too. Best thing to do is make him drown or something, but this could start a tantrum spiral that can get out of hand.
To the beer!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »

Will he obey burrows? You could send him down to guard the caverns. Or just patrol to furthest darkest corner of the map while you build a wall to keep him from coming back.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »

Welp, the problem was solved when the champion came over and killed the rampaging teen.

I think I had a loyalty cascade of some sort. As a couple of dwarves fought even though they weren't fighting the teen. Likely tied to the royal guard of marks dwarfs. They likely had a cascade centered on them, and it happened to be near a high traffic area near the squad of hammer lords.

It seems that most of the royal guard is dead, and the guilty dwarf happened to disregard the law. He may have done one crime, resisted arrest and started killing left and right.

But it is interesting that the dwarf that finally ended his rampage was the same dwarf that saved my fort from my first FB.

So crisis felt with, legendary armorer and weaponsmith both dead, project "Endogeny" still on track.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »

My Hammer Lord is going around is going around killing everyone around him. This 16 year old dwarf has already killed 10 12 dwarves and earned the name "Mafol Helmedink the Somber Lessons of Virginity".

His victims includ most of his unit and fellow teen war machines. Any ideas of how or deal with this long awaited!!FUN!! Or should I use this as an opportunity to depopulate the fort.

So I guess "the somber lesson of virginity" is that it makes sixteen year olds go crazy and start killing everyone. Maybe get him laid? LOL!

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:21:23 pm »

So I guess "the somber lesson of virginity" is that it makes sixteen year olds go crazy and start killing everyone. Maybe get him laid? LOL!

I got him laid down in a wooden coffin.

Spitemaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 12:59:14 am »

Still a better love story than twilight.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:57 am »

Still a better love story than twilight.

Twilight would have been better if the first book ended like this.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 12:09:35 pm »

That title he earned is golden.  :D