Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: abandoned mod, old Version, Howto get it to work?  (Read 483 times)

deanec64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
abandoned mod, old Version, Howto get it to work?
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:52:11 am »

I loved the idea of "Lust Demon" over on DFFD so much that I've wanted to try it, and also see  about Maintaining it. but not any way a Programmer. But willing to learn. hopefully you can help me. :-)

mod link just incase.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6439

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: abandoned mod, old Version, Howto get it to work?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:21:42 pm »

That's for 34.11, so it would not be too hard to update, but it would still be a pain.

The best place to start is by looking at "<df>/file_changes.txt", then comparing similar raws from 34.11 vs the current version.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: abandoned mod, old Version, Howto get it to work?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:00:09 am »

Ah, 34.11...  Those were the days.  I think v40 had just come out when I started playing DF, so I originally downloaded 34.11 to get the LNP and most stable experience for my first time.  I remember a few radical sieges before upgrading. 

Anyways, you can also use DiffChecker https://www.diffchecker.com/ to find out what has changed between versions. 

Comparing v34 dwarfs with v43 dwarfs, I see that STRANGE_MOODS tag was added.  Dwarves changed from HUMANOID to HUMANOID_NECK.  Sweat, tears and spit were added.  ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER and ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK were added.  Looks like gaits are different.  Personalities are different.  Oh right, males are geldable now.  Eyelashes are attached to eyelids instead of the head. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.