Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse  (Read 5270 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive the Apocalypse
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:35 am »

Well, the coming apocalypse to be more specific.

Scientists have noticed that the volcanoes seem much more erupt-y. And that the waters seem to be a lot higher than before. And did anyone notice that shower of meteors coming down? What about those totally-not-an-issue so-called "zombies" spreading at an alarming a completely okay pace around the world? And has anyone even looked at the signs of an incoming massive economic crash?
Some people started preparing their doomsday scenario plans, laughing at how right they are.

You're one of these people! Well, with a few budget restraints. Living across the U.S., you all have varying amounts of money - anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 - saved up for this specific (set of) scenarios, stored in easily-available cash. No fancy million-dollar bunkers, and other than your saved money, you have no other preparations ready. Why bother saving gas if the apocalypse turns out to be a gas flood, after all? You have a few days to get ready before society collapse and all hell - maybe even literally, the jury's still out on that one - breaks loose.

Each one of you has better get to work preparing, or else die to [insert environmental hazard here].

Apocalypse in: 1-2 turns?
Known apocalypses: ???

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:44:27 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:25:29 am »

Is this a suggestion game? Or an rpg? either way, looks interesting.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:58 am »

Anyone can hop in as their own character at any time. It's a fairly simplistic RTD.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:47 pm »

Let's give this a go.
Step 1) Quit job. No time for that now.
Step 2) Beg/borrow/illegally download and print as much survivalist literature as possible.
Step 3) Follow advice within said literature.
Step 4) Panic-buy as much stuff as possible with remaining time and money.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:40 pm »

Build a bunch of nukes so I can blow up everyone that might start the apocalypse. Alternatively just buy some old ones from the black market.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:32 pm »

Let's give this a go.
Step 1) Quit job. No time for that now.
Step 2) Beg/borrow/illegally download and print as much survivalist literature as possible.
Step 3) Follow advice within said literature.
Step 4) Panic-buy as much stuff as possible with remaining time and money.
What job? You mean the job you already quit?
[4] But at least it turns out you have $70,000 in cash ready to be used.

[2] You spend $100 on some survivalist literature. Unfortunately it looks like it's all useless stuff written on the basics that you already know. Please, you've already gone over basic zombie-killing!

[4] On the bright side, $5,000 was enough to secure 5 weeks of food and water at the stores. You're keeping this stuff at your house for the time being.

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Build a bunch of nukes so I can blow up everyone that might start the apocalypse. Alternatively just buy some old ones from the black market.
[1] You never were good with financial discipline, apparently, and only have $10,000 saved for the coming apocalypse.

[1] Your quest to find a nuke on the black market did not go well. Apparently street gangs don't appreciate someone suddenly showing up and persistantly asking how to "buy nukes". At least the hospitals are still here, so your now injured left leg was saved from a worse fate. You wonder if trying to buy a nuke with no contacts and $10,000 in cash was a good idea in the first place, or if it could have worked at all.

Spoiler: star2wars3 (click to show/hide)

With the populace becoming more steadily panicked, the stock market (and economy) soon follows. The news is now reporting a severe economic crash. While the apocalypse hasn't happened yet, preparing for it is probably going to get harder. -1 to all commerce actions.

Apocalypse in: 1-2 turns?
Known apocalypses: None?
Current global status effects:
- Market Crash: -1 to commerce actions.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:56:04 pm by Chiefwaffles »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:31:14 pm »

1. Start meditating

2. Let go of all worldly woes and fears

3. Ascend to a new state of existence beyond the reach of the coming apocalypses.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:18 pm »

contact a psychic regarding the coming apocalypse.
Prepare with materials according to prediction, along with the standard rations allotment and a gun/appropriate time period ranged weapon™
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 08:53:14 pm »

Can I join now? if so:

take my money and buy a oceangoing ship. Buy facilities to harvest kelp and fish, and facilities to turn kelp into bio-deasil to power my ship. Place said facilities on ship, along with desalinators.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 11:32:34 pm »

Anyone can join in at any point; the only thing to consider is that your cash may not be as effective and you won't have [as much/any] time to prepare as people before you.

1. Start meditating

2. Let go of all worldly woes and fears

3. Ascend to a new state of existence beyond the reach of the coming apocalypses.
[5] For a brief moment, you're there. You can see the wonders of this new exi-- oh. There it goes. You snap out of it after a hooligan starts throwing things outside your house before running away. Further attempts yield nothing, but you feel different after your short period of enlightenment. You now have a [Fearless Mind].

[2] You double-check your saved cash, and count $30,000 in total.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

contact a psychic regarding the coming apocalypse.
Prepare with materials according to prediction, along with the standard rations allotment and a gun/appropriate time period ranged weapon™

[5] Financial security sure is great. You've got a whole $85,000 in safekeeping!

[5] Your new psychic offered you some impressive services at the low-low price of $500. She tells you much [in a PM].

Your purchasing decisions based off of this will have to wait for later, but you can still purchase your other things.
[1 - 1] Your local stores appear to be completely desolate of anything food-related. In your desperation, you try paying a shop owner to reserve a coming shipment of food, but ultimately it looks like you were scammed of your $5,000.
[3 - 1] Same for guns and ammunition. All the gun shops in the vicinity are bare of their entire stocks. But at least you didn't get scammed this time.

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Can I join now? if so:

take my money and buy a oceangoing ship. Buy facilities to harvest kelp and fish, and facilities to turn kelp into bio-deasil to power my ship. Place said facilities on ship, along with desalinators.
[6] It's a good thing you saved that money. Before all this started happening, you were even going to have to make more room for your $100,000.

[5 - 1] At the nearest docks, you find a man willing to part with his moderate-sized yacht for the low, low price of $65,000. It's expensive, but the yacht should hopefully be able to fit your needs. Below is an image vaguely resembling your new boat.

[5 - 1] Equipment harvesting kelp and fish is much more simple. $5,000 covers the cost for a nice array of equipment that should bring in a decent amount of fish and kelp. The fish & kelp equipment is transported onto the yacht.

[2 - 1] Bio-diesel conversion facilities are, as it happens, really hard to find. $1,000 is spent trying to look for some place to buy what you're looking for, but in the end it fails.

[3 - 1] Desalinators are also a no-go, but you have the genius idea to stop just short of spending money only to find nothing.

Spoiler: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: star2wars3 (click to show/hide)

There are still no immediate apocalypses occurring yet, but people across the country sure do seem determined to change that. Further widespread panic has started to lead to looting in stores. While the streets are relatively safe, stores' stocks are already starting to lower. The looters are primarily taking food.

Apocalypse in: Probably soon.
Known apocalypses: None?
Current global status effects:
- Market Crash: -1 to commerce rolls.
- Looters: -1 to rolls purchasing food in regular stores.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 11:38:06 pm »

well, if I can't purchase, I will loot too. Try one last time to buy guns and ammo, in large amounts. Then if that doesn't work, time to do some robbery either way. Loot food by killing looters.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:07:59 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 11:41:37 pm »

Defend my neighbours from looters, using any nearby weapon I have in my vicinity.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 12:39:48 am »

Sorry, I'am late to the party.

1.Buy a AR-15 or any related gun.
2. Stock up on ammo
3.Go to gun range and practice a bit
4. Go to local grocery store and pick up food and water.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 01:12:12 am »

Another late arriver arrives!

1. Acquire a nail gun through amazon.com
2 Fortify my house
3: Use yard tools to dig below my basement for the setup for a bunker
4: Study hydroponic technology, or learn anyway to build indoor farms though the last days of the internet

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:49:14 am »

1. Pray for divine assistance

2. Beat a looter and steal it's food

3. Start your journey to an isolated lake and mountain you remember having visited on your childhood.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4