Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse  (Read 5308 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 07:23:22 am »

Jack a bulldozer
Find  a bat
Board up my windows.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 11:04:37 am »

Try to acquire desalinators and bio-fuel processors again as well as guns. See if anyone wants to volunteer to serve on my ship in exchange for safety and food.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:56 am »

1. Grab all the food from my already well stocked house.
2. Take my grandfathers machete, a blanket, and a couple lighters.
3. Head out into the woods. No looters in the woods, right?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:46 pm »

1) Go out and spend soon-to-be-worthless money on stuff which hopefully isn't very high looter priority: books, tools and construction materials, medicines, seeds and farming implements, toilet paper and soap, etcetera. Essentially, convert all cash into hopefully more valuable assets of all sorts.
2) Call up any nearby friends and family, invite them over for the duration. Bonus if they bring their own food. With their help, fortify house to a hopefully less looter-vulnerable state.
3) Use any spare time to print off as much of Wikipedia as possible. The useful pages, at any rate.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 05:37:42 pm »

Just to clarify: 1 turn = 1 week. (This is just for planning things like rations; limits/expectations on what you can do in a turn have not changed.)

well, if I can't purchase, I will loot too. Try one last time to buy guns and ammo, in large amounts. Then if that doesn't work, time to do some robbery either way. Loot food by killing looters.
[2 - 1] Nope. Nothing here you can buy. You almost got scammed again, but you're not willing to let that happen again.

[2] And the gun stores you tried robbing were all empty! If only you lived in Texas.

[6 - 1 (no weapon)] But robbing looters of their food was fruitful, even without a weapon. Fueled by your anger at the apparent complete lack of anything resembling a gun, you gather up 2 weeks of food and water.

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Defend my neighbours from looters, using any nearby weapon I have in my vicinity.
[2] Nope. No weapons here.

[3 - 1 (no weapon)] Without a weapon, your attempts go mostly in vain. You're smart enough to back off when looters point guns at you, though, so at least you don't get hurt. Because you have no food stored, the looters don't really seem to be that interested in your house. Mostly. You make a note to fix those broken windows once the apocalypse is over.

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Sorry, I'am late to the party.

1.Buy a AR-15 or any related gun.
2. Stock up on ammo
3.Go to gun range and practice a bit
4. Go to local grocery store and pick up food and water.
[4] You came pretty prepared, with $70,000 saved.

[4 - 1] You can't find an AR-15, but you do find a M1911 Pistol for the amazing price of $1,000. Supply and demand sure can sting sometimes.
[1 - 1] ...But it has no ammo. Like, at all. The pistol came with no ammo and you can find zero ammo anywhere. So now your pistol is somewhat useless for the moment.

[4 - 2] The grocery store appears to be on fire from looting. You decide it's best that you do not go into a flaming building to find food.

Spoiler: fourtytwo (click to show/hide)

Another late arriver arrives!

1. Acquire a nail gun through amazon.com
2 Fortify my house
3: Use yard tools to dig below my basement for the setup for a bunker
4: Study hydroponic technology, or learn anyway to build indoor farms though the last days of the internet
[4] You double-check your savings and the $70,000 you have saved up is still safe.

[2 - 1] You were hopeful when you ordered the nail gun for $200, but when it arrived the box was empty. Damn it.

[2] House fortifying does not go well. Your supplies consisted of apparently extremely low-grade wood, and that proved to be your undoing. Despite your best efforts, this wood (and similar materials) just couldn't be used as reinforcements.

[4] The digging, on the other hand, goes well. Luckily you didn't buy your yard tools from the same place you got that wood. You now have a small excavated room. Unfortunately, without any reinforcements, it's quite unsturdy. Not unsturdy enough to collapse spontaneously, but enough for it to be a problem of note.

[3] You can't find enough information on hydroponics, but you think you learn how to make a basic indoor farm. You should probably get at least one sun lamp, some (small) planters, lots of water, basic gardening supplies like tools for weeding, fertilizer, and the like. And obviously seeds.

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

1. Pray for divine assistance

2. Beat a looter and steal it's food

3. Start your journey to an isolated lake and mountain you remember having visited on your childhood.
[1] It sure is a shame you only saved up $10,000.

[5] But you pray for divine assistance. Nothing seems to happen at first, but you feel a bit more [lucky].

[3 + 1] You find a random looter on the streets. They look like they're trying to fix their very broken car. You surprise them with a couple punches, kicks, more punches, more kicking, and so on and so forth. Eventually you search their car to reveal 3 weeks of food and water.

[5 + 1] You just barely manage to those rations you "acquired" onto your back, and start making your way to the isolated lake and mountain via the somehow-still-running public transit. Eventually you start having to hike up the mountain, but by the end of the week you arrive. It's completely isolated from civilization. You decide to set up "camp" (read: choose to sleep) at the edge of the lake, which also happens to be by a forest.

Though when arriving at the lake, you start to feel your luck to subside. Somehow. It was useful while it lasted.

Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Jack a bulldozer
Find  a bat
Board up my windows.
[6] It sure is a shame you're not using your $100,000 of saved up cash this week.

[6] You find a recently-diseased construction worker (probably looters) in a still-running bulldozer. You push them off and nab the bulldozer and drive it to the front of your house. But when getting off, your overexcited hop yields a [sprained ankle]. It shouldn't last too long though.
Do mind the gas, though. Bulldozers guzzle gas.

[2] Your luck comes to an end as you are unable to find any bats anywhere. Not even the baseball fields. Whyy?

[1] As you're trying to board up the windows, you accidentally board up your thumb. Ow. Your [broken thumb] makes it too painful to continue. Instead, you sit and contemplate ways to stop hurting yourself.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)

Try to acquire desalinators and bio-fuel processors again as well as guns. See if anyone wants to volunteer to serve on my ship in exchange for safety and food.
[5 - 1] Desalinators, check. You pay $6,000 buying a large one that should be able to keep your water needs under control.

[1 - 1] Bio-fuel processors are really hard to find, apparently. You almost got scammed again but you're not willing to let the same thing happen twice.
Luckily your yacht only really needs gas to power things on board it.
Like the desalinator.

[1 - 1] But apparently you're not smart enough to do the same for guns. You're scammed of $5,000 as you fail to find any guns at all.

[5] Your recruitment drive yields 3 people willingly coming on board. Keep in mind you're going to have to keep them fed and hydrated as well.

Spoiler: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt (click to show/hide)

1. Grab all the food from my already well stocked house.
2. Take my grandfathers machete, a blanket, and a couple lighters.
3. Head out into the woods. No looters in the woods, right?
[6] Well, look who's rich. You have $100,000 saved up.

[4] You grab the 1 week of food and water conveniently stored in your house.
[5] As well as your machete and blanket and lighters.
It sure is convenient you have all this stored in your house. But unfortunately there is actually zero things left in your house at this point.

[3] You head to the woods. It has trees and is quite woods-y. Nothing much more to say here. It's the woods.

Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

1) Go out and spend soon-to-be-worthless money on stuff which hopefully isn't very high looter priority: books, tools and construction materials, medicines, seeds and farming implements, toilet paper and soap, etcetera. Essentially, convert all cash into hopefully more valuable assets of all sorts.
2) Call up any nearby friends and family, invite them over for the duration. Bonus if they bring their own food. With their help, fortify house to a hopefully less looter-vulnerable state.
3) Use any spare time to print off as much of Wikipedia as possible. The useful pages, at any rate.

[3 - 1] You can't locate any stores selling the more general goods you were looking for, such as books, toilet paper, and more.
[4 - 1] Tools and construction materials are bought for $10,000, and should hopefully come in handy when constructing anything.
[1 - 1] You try to buy medicine, but it turns out that medicine was the first thing looters went for in this city. You're robbed of $5,000 that you took to buy the medicine, just to add insult to injury.
[4 - 1] Some seeds and tools for farming are easily purchased for $4,000.

[1] You call over a friend of yours. They never arrive, and investigation shows that they were killed by a looter and anything useful was stripped from their corpse. The rest of your family and friends aren't even responding to calls.

[5] You print out as much as you can from wikipedia on important things, starting at survival. Eventually you run out of ink and apparently ink was very quickly looted from stores. But you think that the existing pages you printed will help a lot. In fact, you think it makes you more [Knowledged - Survival]. With these papers, basic survival tasks such as camping, fires, hunting, and more, should be easier to do.

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: star2wars3 (click to show/hide)

The media is reporting that with the collapse of supply chains, sources of commercially-available food have completely dried up. It looks like people are going to have to start relying on their stockpiled food, or else they'll have to find alternative methods of finding it. However, looting has subsided too, with a dwindling supply of things to loot.
There was also a curious mention of some kind of infectious disease spreading in some smaller towns.

Apocalypse in: Probably very soon.
Known apocalypses: None?
Current global status effects:
- Market Crash: -1 to commerce rolls.
- Grocery Collapse: Cannot purchase food regularly. Everyone has to survive on stockpiled food.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 05:47:32 pm »

1. Build a shelter if some sort.
2. Make a bow and arrow.
3. Do some hunting/gathering
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 05:54:04 pm »

Pray to any supreme being, god, or other creature for help, then resort to every recourse available to me, including but not limited to: theft, paying exorbitant amounts of cash, offering safety to obtain a bio-fuel processor and weapons. Then, set sail as soon as possible. people who want to come with me have 6 hours or less to get to the ship after I get my bio-fuel processor and weapons. if the situation devolves further and I have to leave, I will abandon them
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:27:03 pm by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 06:05:52 pm »

1 Acquire a bandanna, hoodie, and any kind of shade for a way to conceal my identity
2: Use yard tools and/or a kitchen knife and start raiding houses and the people within them, within my suburbs to try to acquire any kind of weapons, food materials, and items for farming
3: Construct pillars within my excavated room for support
4: Make a final attempt to study hydroponics
5: Dig another room from the excavated room, this will be used as the Grow Room.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:40:36 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 06:25:57 pm »

1. Try to find the hunting tools your father and you hid somewhere nearby, you never thought that would become useful someday.

3. Collect leaves and wood to start a campfire

4. Sing silly songs until fall asleep.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 06:47:01 pm »

Find myself a Good, Long, Knife
Look up "Recipes for human flesh" over the internet
Do some "Landscaping" around my home, Shoving up walls of road using the Bulldozer.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 06:55:58 pm »

get construction materials, specifically gardening supplies, and check my foodstuffs for anything that can be grown.
Leave the city for the countryside, invite the psychic I met to come with provided they're not already out in the more rural areas.
Start a garden when I get far enough away from the city.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 11:58:27 pm »

Get knife

Make a spear out of a broom, mop or any such item nearby.

Hunt evildoers and looters and harvest their flesh.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 12:40:45 am »

1)Acquire weapon(s). As many as I can get my hands on and manage reasonably.

2)Attempt to bring leadership to some looters/hooligans, that leadership being me. We'll be a group of raiders.

3)Rob a house in a rich neighborhood regardless of my success with forming a gang.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 04:58:31 am »

Rent a car, preferably a SUV with a large fuel capacity, fill it up.
Stock up at local camping store.
Give another shot at going grocery shopping.
Buy some books on survival,marksmanship,close quarter combat.
Try ammo shopping again.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 03:58:10 pm »

Run For President (Run On The Platform: Vote No To The Apocalypse. Vote star2wars3 For President)
Should That Fail Assassinate the President so as to prevent the apocalypse.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4