Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse  (Read 5269 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 06:07:06 pm »

The god of RnG is apparently displeased.

1. Build a shelter if some sort.
2. Make a bow and arrow.
3. Do some hunting/gathering
[3] You create a basic lean-to that serves as protection from the more basic elements like rain and kind of wind.

[3] You create a very shoddy bow-and-arrow from sticks and fibers scavenged from the forest floor. The shoddy bow won't be that great in terms of accuracy, but hey, at least it's ranged.
[4] Arrows go a bit better on the other hand. Some sharp stones are found, sharpened a bit further, and tied onto sticks. You've got 10 makeshift arrows that should perform just fine for their role.

[5 - 1] Despite the questionable craftmanship of your bow, you find enough wildlife this week and end up with 1 week of unprepared meat stored at your little camp. 4 makeshift arrows were spent doing this. Now you just need to prepare the meat and get some water.

[1] Okay, maybe you should have checked that food you brought before eating. You get a mild case of [food poisoning] when eating your 1 week of food and water.
Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

Pray to any supreme being, god, or other creature for help, then resort to every recourse available to me, including but not limited to: theft, paying exorbitant amounts of cash, offering safety to obtain a bio-fuel processor and weapons. Then, set sail as soon as possible. people who want to come with me have 6 hours or less to get to the ship after I get my bio-fuel processor and weapons. if the situation devolves further and I have to leave, I will abandon them
[1] You pray to the great [diety] and start to feel a bit [unlucky]. Maybe you should have used different word choice and phrasing...

[2 - 1] It turns out the only man in the city with a bio-fuel processor has a gun and has never heard of "warning shots". Your [leg bullet wound] is a testament to this. Luckily the bullet wound was in a very unimportant place and you are not going to bleed out. Using this leg will be a different problem.
[1 - 2] Okay, this man does not appreciate diplomacy. Your plan of buying the processor resulted in a walk back out of his warehouse with a few more bruises on your body than you had before. You decide to not try offering him safety because you're afraid of actually being killed.

[3 - 1] No one else comes aboard, but at least the people you previously recruited are all ready to set sail. No gas is used setting sail because once again, it uses sails. But your desalinator won't last forever on this tank.
Oh, and don't forget to actually tell those people you have to do something. As of now they're just sitting on their asses eating food. Well, they would be if you had food...

[1 - 1] You consider your extreme bad luck this week. As you do this you realize you forgot to actually start fishing or desalinating water. [Starvation] is beginning to set in.

But at least you feel your unluckiness going away. Not that a lack of it would have helped much, really.
Spoiler: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt (click to show/hide)

1 Acquire a bandanna, hoodie, and any kind of shade for a way to conceal my identity
2: Use yard tools and/or a kitchen knife and start raiding houses and the people within them, within my suburbs to try to acquire any kind of weapons, food materials, and items for farming
3: Construct pillars within my excavated room for support
4: Make a final attempt to study hydroponics
5: Dig another room from the excavated room, this will be used as the Grow Room.
[4] You conveniently find a bandana and hoodie on the corpse of a looter. You don the new articles of clothing and continue.

[2] You end up deciding to use a butter knife for your raids. Not the best choice.
[1 - 1] Your choice of a butterknife proves to be a fatal mistake. Along with the choice to raid the house of someone with a gun. You're shot in the chest before barely managing to escape with your life.
[2] While you obviously aren't dead from your [Chest Bullet Wound], you weren't able to stop the [bleeding]. You're already starting to get a bit woozy.

[1 - 1] While trying to make some pillars inside your excavated room, you accidentally undermine the structural integrity of the room even further while failing to make pillars. The room appears to be [Very Unsturdy] now.
You decide it's best not to excavate another room because you don't feel like dying to a cave-in right now. You carefully leave the room for now.

[3 - 1] You almost understand more of hydroponics, but you find it hard to focus with all this blood pouring out of your body.

And with no food, [Starvation] is starting to kick in.
Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

1. Try to find the hunting tools your father and you hid somewhere nearby, you never thought that would become useful someday.

3. Collect leaves and wood to start a campfire

4. Sing silly songs until fall asleep.
[6] By a pure stroke of luck, you find your father's family heirloom that was buried here in a time capsule he mentioned to you offhand ten years ago. You now have a blunderbuss and 10 cartridges.
Congratulations.

[1] When starting your campfire, you fail to realize that you left a cartridge underneath the fuel. This explodes in your face. In a literal sense. You now have a burned face. But at least the campfire was started.
Wait.
You just realized that you didn't even plan on starting the campfire. Oh well; back to square one.

[4] You come up with quite a silly song and fall asleep with relative ease at the end of the week.

[5] As one would expect, 1 week of food and water was consumed this week.
Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Find myself a Good, Long, Knife
Look up "Recipes for human flesh" over the internet
Do some "Landscaping" around my home, Shoving up walls of road using the Bulldozer.
[6] You find yourself a very high-quality butcher's knife in an abandoned kitchen. Your excitement is a bit too high as you end up slightly cutting yourself. But it was on the broken thumb. So while extremely painful, at least that's effectively nothing!

[1] You return from your internet search with no recipes and a new entry on the government's watchlist.

[3] The bulldozer works fine with creating some basic "wall" around your house. While not enough to deter intruders, it should be a good point to defend your house at, if needed. Gas was used, as is expected.

[Starvation] begins to manifest itself by the end of the week, as you had no food or water to consume.
Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)

get construction materials, specifically gardening supplies, and check my foodstuffs for anything that can be grown.
Leave the city for the countryside, invite the psychic I met to come with provided they're not already out in the more rural areas.
Start a garden when I get far enough away from the city.

[2] You couldn't find any construction material, unfortunately. It looks like people here are starting to realize it's the apocalypse and now want to life up to their wildest home-bunker fantasies.
[1] Also no gardening supplies. You feel like something bad would have happened here if things can go bad when looking for gardening supplies. It's not a dangerous task.
[4] But you do manage to extract some hopefully-"working" seeds from some of your rations. These 40x seeds could come in handy.

[2] You find the psychic and invite them to come with you, but they politely decline. They seem to have it all figured out.

[2] You barely travel at all outwards from the city due to the chaos happening inside. You just barely make it to the city outskirts by the end of the week. There's no suitable ground here for farming, too.

[1] You think you got food poisoning from something in your rations. But at least you had food and water this week, unlike many people. 1 week of food and water was consumed.
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Get knife

Make a spear out of a broom, mop or any such item nearby.

Hunt evildoers and looters and harvest their flesh.

[4] A relatively sharp kitchen knife is extracted from your kitchen.
[2] But you couldn't make a spear. For some reason you just couldn't manage to firmly attach the knife and handle together with what little "adhesive" material (read: string) that you have.

[1] You find an evildoer harassing someone. You charge at them with a knife before you're shot. In the chest. Next to your heart.
Luckily though it seems that your [chest bullet wound] was in a particularly unimportant area and there was minimal bleeding. There was not minimal pain, however.

Thanks to your [Fearless Mind], you can ignore the effects of the bullet wound. You should try addressing it, though, as it may not be a good idea to leave that injury there and get shot again. So at least this was a learning experience for some of the benefits of your kind-of-state-of-enlightenment.

You're feeling some [Starvation] without any sustenance this week.
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

1)Acquire weapon(s). As many as I can get my hands on and manage reasonably.

2)Attempt to bring leadership to some looters/hooligans, that leadership being me. We'll be a group of raiders.

3)Rob a house in a rich neighborhood regardless of my success with forming a gang.

[2] With such a late arrival to the scene of preparation for the apocalypse, most of the obvious spots for weapons have already been scoured. No weapons for you, unfortunately.

[3] You find 2 unarmed looters scavenging in a store and convince them to follow your leadership. Keep in mind you're going to have to feed them.

[4] A house is cased and robbed. The owner isn't present, but you find 4 weeks of food and water stockpiled up in there. Careful, though - that's only enough for one full week in feeding your entire gang.

You used the food you had in your house this week, but starting next week you're going to have to go off of your stockpiled rations.
Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

Rent a car, preferably a SUV with a large fuel capacity, fill it up.
Stock up at local camping store.
Give another shot at going grocery shopping.
Buy some books on survival,marksmanship,close quarter combat.
Try ammo shopping again.
[2 - 1] You find a person manning a rental agency and hand them $5,000 to secure a car, only for them to run away with your money. Of course.
All the cars at the agency are locked and the keys are stored somewhere that you can't reach, too.

[4 - 1] The local camping store is surprisingly still in business. $10,000 is spent to get a tent and a solar-powered electric portable stove.
[4 - 1] 2 weeks of food and water are purchased at a store that has been very vigilant in warding off looters for the price of $1,000

[6] You find a bookstore and find a book on marksmanship and a book on CQC, but nothing on survival. The bookstore is abandoned, so you just grab the books and gain the traits [Knowledged - CQC] and [Knowledged - Marksmanship]. But you feel like the time spent desperately stuffing this stuff into your head has made you a bit more [Ignorant - Survival]

[3 - 1] Nope. Checking the ammo stores again does not replenish the ammo. It was worth a shot, though.

[6] In a stroke of luck, it would appear that some of the food you bought was improperly packaged and you had enough extra food this week to not even use an existing week's ration!
Spoiler: fourtytwo (click to show/hide)

Run For President (Run On The Platform: Vote No To The Apocalypse. Vote star2wars3 For President)
Should That Fail Assassinate the President so as to prevent the apocalypse.
[6] Your campaigning proves to be very successful among the people of your city, and they revere you as a [public hero]. Unfortunately the elections are a couple years away and are probably cancelled anyways. You don't even know where the current president is, so no assassinations.

[Starvation] rears its ugly face as you have no food or water to consume this week.
Spoiler: star2wars3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

The news is getting spottier. Cable is getting dug up for salvage, and broadcast stations are beginning to stop their broadcasts due to either no one manning them or disrepair. But from the smaller amounts of media, anyone can tell that the state of society is dire. At this point, people are recognizing it's the apocalypse and are panickedly "preparing". The market crash is now meaningless as nearly every known store is no longer in business. Either from their owners disappearing or a complete lack of anything to stock it with, these stores are now just mostly empty shells filled with the occasional scavenger. The occasional store is still being manned by brave owners still holding out on some stock, but those are a rare sight.

The virus briefly mentioned in the news last week is picking up more coverage. Entire towns are essentially disappearing, and the military is reportedly being deployed for some unknown reason. The extremely little footage of diseased individuals shows a very strange state that TV anchors have called "virus-induced sleepwalking".

The worst has also happened. The internet is starting to go down across the country. A few spots may have it, but in nearly every city it's no longer present. Even if one does manage to get actual internet access, they'll be lucky to find any useful websites still online.

Apocalypse in: Probably very soon.
Known apocalypses: None?
Current global status effects:
- Societal Collapse: -2 to commerce rolls involving stores.
- Grocery Collapse: Cannot purchase food regularly. Everyone has to survive on stockpiled food.
- Internet Collapse: Cannot use internet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:36:38 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 06:11:08 pm »

I can't survive unless I get really, really lucky and find an island. with that in mind, I don't have any charts/navigational information. Go NS/S/S
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 06:24:11 pm »

Start scavenging for food, dead bodies, anything remotely edible. Keep my knife at the ready.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 06:32:32 pm »

1: Pray to the gods that my pain and suffering should be atoned with good luck and fortune
2: Grab my advanced first aid kit in my bathroom and start repairing my body.
3: Move dead bodies from the street to my house, commit cannibalism and makes sure to drink blood of these corpses for hydration
4: Gather up any followers within the streets, with the usage that I will be the prophet of saving the human race, try to convert them to a cannibal cult
5: Finally, try to see if I can make my premature bunker/excavated room great again, with or without followers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:11:32 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 06:32:32 pm »

Threaten someone out of their food, Failing that Kill them and drag them back to my Home, Cutting the meat off people can't be that hard, and I can't catch anything off them if I cook 'em the same way I'd cook a chicken...

Raid a Mall for Seeds, Who'd Steal the things?

Look for a Gun, someone out for cash 'ought to have one.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »

1. Go to a nearby town and steal axes.
2. Keep campfire alive.
3. Hunt while yodeling.
4. Continue the search for your and your father stockpile
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:44:34 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »

I run out and spend all my money on building up a massive stockpile/museum of all the Alien Vs Predator merchandise I can find. Someone has to look out for the important things.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:36:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 07:38:18 pm »

1)With my gang, jump some people and beat them shitless. Make sure they die.
2)Take parts of their bodies as tribal trophies of sorts, making sure we wear them visibly for morale damage on enemies and better intimidation attempts.
3)Press people into joining our gang.
4)Raid a lot of houses, preferably ones in proportion to what my gang should be able to deal with.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 09:04:00 am »

THE TIME HAS COME!

1.) I realize that Armageddon has come and that as the One True Prophet, it is my destiny to usher in a New Age!

2.) I take up the blade and escape the mental hospital that has imprisoned me for so long. If possible, I preach the Divine Truth of Cthulhu and Bruce Lee to my fellow prisoners, and urge them to join the New Faith under my guidance.

3.) Once I and my followers have escaped the mental hospital, I preach the Divine Truth of Shrek, the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Lord Xenu to the unwashed masses so that they will convert to the New Faith and be Enlightened by my wisdom.

4.) We then attempt to gather sustenance for our mortal forms and armaments to safeguard the Faithful.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:05 pm »

1. Make more arrows
2. Find some fresh water
2b. Hunt while doing this
2c. See if there's some clay at/near the water source. If so, gather some
3. Make a fire to actually cook the food I get.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 08:43:45 pm »

To make things simple:
Food & Thirst are basically the same thing. You need food and water to make a meal, and if you're missing either food or water, you get the starvation status effect.

1. Make more arrows
2. Find some fresh water
2b. Hunt while doing this
2c. See if there's some clay at/near the water source. If so, gather some
3. Make a fire to actually cook the food I get.
[5 - 1] You make 8 more makeshift arrows from assorted materials lying across the woods. You would make more, but your arrow-making was interrupted by uh, violent stomach activity from your [food poisoning].

[2] But no fresh water could be found. Searching yielded no sources that could be used.
[4] But on the bright side, you used up 4 arrows acquiring another 1 week of unprepared meat.

[4] A fire is competently assembled and the meat acquired last week and this week are prepared for consumption.

Without water, you stat to feel the effects of [Starvation] taking hold. No meat was consumed this week without the water.
Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

I can't survive unless I get really, really lucky and find an island. with that in mind, I don't have any charts/navigational information. Go NS/S/S
((Just a heads up - you actually need to operate the fishing & desalination equipment to get food and water. Out of my amazing compassion and kindness of heart, I didn't roll for starvation for your followers this turn and this turn only.))
[3] Your inspired "flailing in the dark" technique allows your ship and its motley crew to come across a small island - about a mile in diameter. It has some trees, sand, and the occasional grass.

[6] You're amazed that you survived this week without any suffering in mental or physical capability from your [starvation], but you don't think you'll be as lucky next week.
Spoiler: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt (click to show/hide)

1: Pray to the gods that my pain and suffering should be atoned with good luck and fortune
2: Grab my advanced first aid kit in my bathroom and start repairing my body.
3: Move dead bodies from the street to my house, commit cannibalism and makes sure to drink blood of these corpses for hydration
4: Gather up any followers within the streets, with the usage that I will be the prophet of saving the human race, try to convert them to a cannibal cult
5: Finally, try to see if I can make my premature bunker/excavated room great again, with or without followers
[2] The gods seem to just be laughing at your suffering. Typical.

[5] You find your rudimentary first aid kit in the bathroom and try to start using it to patch up the bleeding.
[5] You manage to stop the bleeding for now. Your life is now a bit less of condensed suffering.

[1] As you're dragging a body back to your house, some kind of vigilante sees you and...
[2] Charges you with a menacing-looking crowbar. You book it, but are not fast enough to save yourself from further injuries, as well as your dignity.

[3] The "vigilante" looks to be satisfied with their handiwork after they break one of your legs' bones. You walk back to your house with your [broken leg].
[1] You begin to cry.

You make it to your house and sit down on a dusty chair.
[2] You can't summon the mental willpower to leave the house again to gather followers.

[3 - 1] You almost repair the unsturdy nature of the excavated room, but you feel like that somewhat annoying bullet hole in YOUR CHEST is preventing you from putting in the required effort. Darn.

[2] After further days spent pent up in your house, you truly begin to feel the consequences of your [starvation]. Perhaps it was that annoying bullet hole in your chest, or your broken leg, or your destroyed sense of dignity, but by the end of the week, you stopped breathing.
Looters would eventually find your house and take everything of value in it and more. But you had the last laugh. A couple of weeks after your death, the excavated room collapses in on the vigilante that broke your leg in the first place.

Shadowclaw777 has died.

1. Go to a nearby town and steal axes.
2. Keep campfire alive.
3. Hunt while yodeling.
4. Continue the search for your and your father stockpile
[6] On a trip to a nearby town, you come across a solitary cabin in the woods. You carefully enter it, seeing a small room with only one feature of note. A fireplace. And above that fireplace?
The most perfect axe you have ever laid your eyes on.
You make it halfway across the room before you notice that the owner of the cabin is currently sleeping. You tip-toe further and nab the axe. But a single mistep wakes the owner. He gives you a dirty look and starts walking menacingly towards you.
[2] You decide to stand your ground and fight. You take out your blunderbuss, aim, and fire.
[5 - 1] A single cartridge hits the man in the chest, knocking him onto the ground. Unwilling to take the chance and investigate whether he actually was dead or not, you double-check that you have the axe and run.
Eventually you make it back with the Perfect Axe.

The campfire is maintained easily.

[3] The hunting goes okay, and you manage to attain half a week of unprepared meat.

[6] ((Goddamnit)) You find the LAST stockpile left by you and your father. It contains 10 cartridges, and a survival manual. Reading the manual makes you feel more confident, and you become [Knowledged - Survival]

[1] You feel the onset of food poisoning from the 1 week of Food & Water consumed this week.
Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Start scavenging for food, dead bodies, anything remotely edible. Keep my knife at the ready.
[2] No food here. Looks like the common sources of food have already been stripped clean.
[2] No dead bodies, too. Stupid looters; you're supposed to be the cannibal!
[4] But after some desperate scavenging in dumpsters, you find two weeks worth of questionable food.

[2] Unfortunately the stuff you ate this week doesn't seem to be comfortable inside your stomach. [Food poisoning] is on its way.
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

1)With my gang, jump some people and beat them shitless. Make sure they die.
2)Take parts of their bodies as tribal trophies of sorts, making sure we wear them visibly for morale damage on enemies and better intimidation attempts.
3)Press people into joining our gang.
4)Raid a lot of houses, preferably ones in proportion to what my gang should be able to deal with.
[1, 1, 2] You fool! Your hubris as resulted in you being the ones beat shitless!
Luckily one slightly more lucky looter of yours managed to put up just enough of a fight to get your pursuers away before any serious damage was done. Still, your...
[2] [Sprained ankle] makes your life a bit more difficult.

No body parts could be taken from your victorious enemies, sadly.

[5] Your gang gains one armed looter!

[1] As you should expect by now, your house raids do not go as planned. A rival gang turned out to be occupying one of the houses you were raiding.
[5] Luckily, no one in your gang dies.
[4] With the help of your armed follower, their gang is scared out of the house, and you find...
[3] 4 weeks of food and water!

You take this opportunity to try the whole tribal trophy thing again.
[6] Their body parts are expertly taken apart and crafted into trophies for you and your gang to wear. You are now [Intimidating]!

[2] 4 weeks of food and water are consumed in total by you and your gang.
Spoiler: Mallos (click to show/hide)

I run out and spend all my money on building up a massive stockpile/museum of all the Alien Vs Predator merchandise I can find. Someone has to look out for the important things.
[1] It turns out that you didn't save any money for the apocalypse, but at least you're acting now.

[4] You find a shop with a decent stock of Alien Vs Predator memorabilia and merchandise. Strange that no one has looted stuff this valuable yet. You must just be very lucky. You grab the large amount of Alien vs Predator merchandise and bring it home. You would spend money to make an appropriate museum for this stuff, but spending money is somewhat of a hard task when you have no money.

This week you finished off the food you have left in the house. Now you're going to need to find some to avoid starvation.
Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

THE TIME HAS COME!

1.) I realize that Armageddon has come and that as the One True Prophet, it is my destiny to usher in a New Age!

2.) I take up the blade and escape the mental hospital that has imprisoned me for so long. If possible, I preach the Divine Truth of Cthulhu and Bruce Lee to my fellow prisoners, and urge them to join the New Faith under my guidance.

3.) Once I and my followers have escaped the mental hospital, I preach the Divine Truth of Shrek, the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Lord Xenu to the unwashed masses so that they will convert to the New Faith and be Enlightened by my wisdom.

4.) We then attempt to gather sustenance for our mortal forms and armaments to safeguard the Faithful.

[3] You decide it's best to escape the mental hospital before it turns really creepy. You may be in an apocalypse, but you are not in a horror movie.
[2] You preach the divine truth to your prisoners before leaving, but they're too busy groaning in menacing ways and spreading blood across the place and making creepy one-liners and just generally being disturbing.

[5] Yet outside of the mental hospital, you find 4 Religious Followers for your cause! You organize frequent regular meetings with your followers and you. At the beginning ext week you can start giving them tasks like a real prophet!

You finished eating the food you brought with you from the mental hospital this week, and will have to find more soon.
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)

Threaten someone out of their food, Failing that Kill them and drag them back to my Home, Cutting the meat off people can't be that hard, and I can't catch anything off them if I cook 'em the same way I'd cook a chicken...

[4] Someone leaving their house is easily threatened to give over 2 weeks of food & water.

[5] You were mostly wrong about the no one stealing seeds idea, but you still found 30x Seeds remaining in an abandoned gardening supply store.

[5] Also at the mall, you find a person clutching a Hunting Rifle, crying. You end up giving them $15,000 for the gun, and they luckily still accept the arguably-useless money. They also depart with 12 low-caliber bullets.

[5] You eat 1 week of food and water, putting [starvation] at bay. Your sprained ankle also is virtually gone now!
Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)

Inactive Survivors
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fourtytwo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: star2wars3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)
Diseased Survivors

One thing of note this week is a sense of divine abandonment. People are starting to feel hopeless with their chosen deities.

Oh, yeah. The even-more-spotty media is now broadcasting widespread reports of zombies. Survivors are starting to notice them appearing in the cities, too. It looks like this is the virus being observed beforehand, and now it's been spread across the country. The pundits estimate it's only a matter of time before large population centers are completely overrun.

Apocalypse in: Now!
Known apocalypses: Zombies
Current global status effects:
- Societal Collapse: -2 to commerce rolls involving stores.
- Grocery Collapse: Cannot purchase food regularly. Everyone has to survive on stockpiled food.
- Internet Collapse: Cannot use internet.
- Divine Abandonment: No praying actions.

So, Shadowclaww77 gets the prestigious achievement of being first to die! Feel free to start again from scratch if you still want to continue playing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:00:49 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »

Sheesh, skippin' me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:28 pm »

I would clearly never do that. Your eyes must be faulty; check again.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 09:07:08 pm »

1: Become zombified through the undead horde
2 Achieve personal sentience by mentally conquering the virus's influence
3: Achieve dominance on the zombie horde by preying on children zombies and/or remaining human survivors
4: Lead horde through a general cliche zombie rampage in the city
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:12:04 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 09:11:48 pm »

1. Cut some trees.
2. Check back the cabin and search for stuff
2.a hammers
2.b food
2.c books
2.d fishing rods
3. Pray to the gods anyway the bastards will take responsibility for the apocalypse even if it isn't their fault.
4. Make some traps.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4