Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: getting people to drink something (adventure mode)  (Read 1746 times)

itsluketime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
getting people to drink something (adventure mode)
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:29:51 am »

My only goal in this game right now is to turn a whole bunch of people in a village into vampires, then watch chaos ensue. The only way to do that is by making them drink a vampires blood. I've tried pouring blood into a well and giving people mugs full of blood, but neither of these methods worked, checking legends after letting lots of time go by reveals the same number of vampires. Is it even possible to do what I'm trying to do? and if so, how???

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: getting people to drink something (adventure mode)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:47 am »

pour it into a cup, and give it to them. they will drink it if you do this in a bar, though you wanna make sure they don't have any pouches or they will just pocket the cup.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:34 am »

Trade them something for the pouch at the same time, but be warned it'll probably end up in the mug too and they will straight up drink a sword or body or cage containing their child or self.

itsluketime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:52:16 am »

That's what I did, I gave a bone-crafter and a warlord mugs with the blood in a bar, but they didn't drink it. Thinking back, maybe only drunks drink what you give them?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 01:53:33 pm »

They probably had pouches and stuffed the mugs in their pouch.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

My poet hands out drinks all the time, and I had given one guy five cups of vampire blood... I know it's vamp blood cause it's mine. The guy's still normal according to legends.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 08:26:46 pm »

My poet hands out drinks all the time, and I had given one guy five cups of vampire blood... I know it's vamp blood cause it's mine. The guy's still normal according to legends.
Did you get it from a smear or splatter? I just made a vampire adventurer who tried to do the same thing, but people only got converted when I got the blood from a 'pool' of my blood, not a smear or splatter, and not mixed with water.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 08:30:46 pm »

Did you get it from a smear or splatter? I just made a vampire adventurer who tried to do the same thing, but people only got converted when I got the blood from a 'pool' of my blood, not a smear or splatter, and not mixed with water.

Oh, it has to be pools? That explains it, I was just filling alligator bone mugs with the smears of blood trailling me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:42:17 pm »

The most chaos I have caused in a town was when I managed to become a were-rhino.  Running into a hut and biting everyone in sight, then fast travelling so they didn't bleed to death...oh man the carnage.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 11:06:16 pm »

I triggered an outbreak once that ended up with an entire valley where you could walk through at the right time of the month and when you check the tracks/odor in travel mode it displays: Weremammoth.

There were weremammoth barons, a necromancer weremammoth living in a hillock with a reanimated roc head and my severed hand, a town that was entirely populated by weremammoths, and one weird little kid that claimed to be, well, it's hard to recall the number offhand so here's an image:

Note that I did not kill any of the bodies laying around the room there, those were the folks who didn't get turned that month and/or moved in shortly beforehand.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 11:12:38 pm »

The most chaos I have caused in a town was when I managed to become a were-rhino.  Running into a hut and biting everyone in sight, then fast travelling so they didn't bleed to death...oh man the carnage.
Hey, my elf adventurer just did the same thing! I'm even a were-rhino! I can't figure out how to use my horn though, and my transformation lasted way longer than a day. I was stuck as a were-rhino for maybe two or three days.

At least my limbs are healed though!  :P
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 02:26:50 pm »

The full moon lasts three days, yeah, so you'll be transformed for at least that long.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.