Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218777 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #1995 on: February 20, 2018, 04:47:43 pm »

I'm ready to go. Will observe any fighting without commenting.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:24 am »

((So, since Dustan is going to attack Gary for being kicked by Bob, should I try to protect him or keep chasing Bob? I don't want this becoming a free-for-all.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:15 am »

(Gary is low on health and the good Doctor has a history of successful player kills, so I'd appreciate some aid. However, just do what feels right to your character.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 21, 2018, 09:34:58 am »

((But I don't want to get killed either. I still think Dustan should be stabbing Bob since he was the one who started the fight, so I'm waiting for some kind of answer from him in OOC.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 21, 2018, 10:31:51 am »

Ok, given that I'm (at least ostensibly) paying my attention to these two, I probably ought not to do nothing at all once I've stopped looking mostly towards the locals.

If there's still room to intervene, draw my pick and bang it (flat) between the main two beligerants, whoever that turns out to be at this stage. Hard enough to make a noise, not to damage anything/one.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 21, 2018, 10:51:43 am »

((But I don't want to get killed either. I still think Dustan should be stabbing Bob since he was the one who started the fight, so I'm waiting for some kind of answer from him in OOC.))
(They're both getting stabbed. He wants both of them dead, and he is going for the nearest target first.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 21, 2018, 10:57:56 am »

(Oh well. I guess since Tohil is going after Bob, then he can't protect Gary. Neither can Dwain since he's trying to stop the fighting between me and Bob, I think? I think Gary is already dead at this point.)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:20 am »

Neither can Dwain since he's trying to stop the fighting between me and Bob, I think?

As I've been reading it, the two of you aren't actually in violent conflict.  It looks like it's resolving to a bunch of running around.  So since Dustan (Dustan Hache) and Gary (Coolrune206) are directly attacking and counterattacking each other, I can make those rolls happen, and then see what transpires next.

Which makes the attempted departure all the more complicated.  Should I continue waiting on Louis (dustywayfarer) or just proceed in order to advance?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 21, 2018, 12:18:02 pm »

I hadnt even attacked anyone guys,just had a contingency measure if the ax lady came after me because of Gary.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:47:36 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:34 pm »

Previous -- Next

So I realized that I have to resolve this situation before I can properly send people off into the next area.  I'll only need input from those who wish to get involved; otherwise, I'll just assume you keep vacating the premises.

I also realized no one said what direction you lot wanted to go from here.  Since you came from the east, how about west?  I'll go with west.

The mini-caravan packs up its business and seems ready to leave the Halfway House.  Etrigan has one last word.

"It's been rough out there.  Apparently we've got some real ugly mugs who keep causing trouble close to Rock Bottom.  I've been waiting on a group of our haulers who should have come back from transporting raw materials to town.  If they're dead . . . "

"Well, not much that can be done.  But if you find their worldly remains and drive off the ugly mugs, that'd be fantastic.  You can keep anything you find on the bodies; just we'd really appreciate if you could retrieve their bank lockbox keys.  That way we can get at the goods they've been moving.  You'll know 'em because the lead man had something alchemical done to his hair so it's this bright blue."

Maybe, maybe.  Tohil adjusts wheelbarrow contents and . . . tries to lead the way out.  The group mostly follows.  Bob seems displeased, and looks on the brink of an altercation with Gary, when the former is driven off by the latter brandishing a pick.  Certain members of the group break into a run, with Dustan sweeping up to make his own displeasure known via the jugular.

Dwain rapidly whips his head back and forth between watching the antics and judging the reaction from the locals.  Everyone here seems to be looking on with a mild expression.  You realize it's not the first time they've seen this.

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Bob, Dwain, Tohil, Dustan, Gary.

Bob is off, and out of reach, though Tohil certainly tries to catch him.  Dwain is close at hand when Dustan and Gary come to blows.

Dustan begins opening up the target's neck, but a sudden jolt on the latter's behalf leads your workstone knife to skip up from vulnerable flesh and turn in your hand.  Argh, you cut your opposite wrist!

Gary's flailing leads to more difficulties, and your iron pick misses the target entirely.  Instead, the tip of your weapon bites into Alyssa, who had been intending to observe any fighting without commenting.  Argh, bystanders!

And that's enough, from Dwain's perspective at least.  You bang your pick down flat between the main two belligerents.  From across the small gap, Dustan's expression could perhaps be understood as "look what you made me do."  Gary's is slightly less scrutable.

Tohil (randomgenericusername): with that "combat maneuver" roll, I was checking to see whether you'd even have to choose between "violence" and "just catch up to him" in the first place.  So, with that failing, it keeps things simpler.

Obviously, I need to know if Dustan (Dustan Hache) and Gary (Coolrune206) feel that the point has been made or whether to keep rolling for combat.  And then there's Alyssa (Rautherdir), who got dragged in.

If Louis (dustywayfarer) is available for input, that would be good.

If, uh, we wind up with corpses, you'll have to decide if someone wants to turn back around for a moment to handle "new inventory."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 21, 2018, 09:32:24 pm »

screw it. Finish the job, leave the corpse for the others to deal with, then take my barrow and walk away. If I see Bob again, he's next in line.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 21, 2018, 09:33:53 pm »

"Apologize to the lady, coward! You can't run away from your problems forever! I learned that lesson years ago!"
If Alyssa is attacked by Dustan, fire a Fire Skull at him to protect Alyssa. If he does not and Alyssa doesn't notice me behind her, fire a skull to Bob.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:58:12 pm by randomgenericusername »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 21, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »

"Oh, look at that. I've got a nice new sword that I kind of want to try out. So how about all of you drop your weapons before I get out mine."

Anyone who doesn't comply either gets a Javelin or a sword depending on distance.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:22 pm »

"Oh, look at that. I've got a nice new sword that I kind of want to try out. So how about all of you drop your weapons before I get out mine."

Anyone who doesn't comply either gets a Javelin or a sword depending on distance.
(Am I included in this group threat?)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 21, 2018, 09:48:52 pm »

(Am I included in this group threat?)
As long as you stay behind me (where I can't really see you), no. (If you do attack someone, maybe.)
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 173