Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218779 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #2010 on: February 21, 2018, 09:53:13 pm »

"Oh, look at that. I've got a nice new sword that I kind of want to try out. So how about all of you drop your weapons before I get out mine."

Anyone who doesn't comply either gets a Javelin or a sword depending on distance.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You might kill someone who actually has a brain, Unlike those two."
retaliate if attacked. Preferably disarming them instead of killing, since they have been somewhat reasonable.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 21, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »

"really? This is happening again?"

Just sit back and watch
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:04 am »

"really? This is happening again?"

Just sit back and watch

Poor John. He's the only sane man from the first group, with the doc turned murderously angry at stupid people, and the rest having died.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 22, 2018, 12:57:05 am »

"Oh, look at that. I've got a nice new sword that I kind of want to try out. So how about all of you drop your weapons before I get out mine."

Anyone who doesn't comply either gets a Javelin or a sword depending on distance.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You might kill someone who actually has a brain, Unlike those two."
retaliate if attacked. Preferably disarming them instead of killing, since they have been somewhat reasonable.
"Anyone who has a brain will drop their weapon now. So I don't think we'll have a problem."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:25 am »

Gary, quite close to death's door, falls flat on his back and relinquishes his pick to demonstrate his surrender.

"Please! Not like this! This death has no honor and glory!"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:06:27 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 22, 2018, 10:14:00 am »

This is incredible.  I don't think I can make rolls just yet: my options are 1) assume combat happens and everybody attacks everybody or 2) assume a standoff happens and nobody attacks anybody.  Kinda different!

Well, that's not an absolute: after unfolding the murder-conditionals like a piece of violent origami, it looks like Tohil (randomgenericusername) will attack Bob (magmaholic) with a ranged weapon.

So if I didn't just name you . . . I'm still waiting to see how you resolve this!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 22, 2018, 11:25:25 am »

I still feel like executing Gary, but really it's more dependant on combat order. If alyssa goes ahead of me(since I am not dropping my weapon) then I will attempt to disarm them. If I go first on the other hand, Gary is probably going to be bled out and have his organs extracted.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 22, 2018, 12:02:07 pm »

Okay, so I'll base the conditionals on turn order.  That's cool, then.

( . . . Inasmuch as that's the correct adjective for a chaotic street brawl.  Hey, if you lower the player count, it makes my job easier!  And you've still got one more soulshine lantern, so if someone with bonus HP dies then it's not like you lose everything.)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:09 pm »

((As it is, Dwain hasn't posted anything, and from what I can tell will somewhat be neutral. Gary has surrendered. I will deal with whatever happens with Tohil next turn. Dustan gets a taste of my Javelin.))

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 22, 2018, 02:05:22 pm »

Have I've done what I can with what I can?  Remember that I've been looking out for Bob and comforting Tohil in his faith-quake. I've just intervened with one pair (not necessarily successfully, yet, and may still be my focus of attention) so do I then have time to put my hand on Tohil's sling-pullback hand to stop it releasing (or, with less time at hand but still just enough, nudge their arm to misaim the launch).

All down to Combat Order. (I keep making Sir Knight make these decisions for me, I know, but I don't like to assume!)

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:42 pm »

Just go already. Keep away from the violent nutjobs.
I am a Goober.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 23, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

Have I've done what I can with what I can?  Remember that I've been looking out for Bob and comforting Tohil in his faith-quake.

On the contrary, I don't remember anything about our sun-worshipper's faith at this time, but I do remember that you've given me a lot of content all-in-all.  Since things're now divided into combat rounds, you can only stand in one place at a time.  So . . .

I've just intervened with one pair (not necessarily successfully, yet, and may still be my focus of attention) so do I then have time to put my hand on Tohil's sling-pullback hand to stop it releasing (or, with less time at hand but still just enough, nudge their arm to misaim the launch).

. . . It's helpful to know that you may be trying to divide your attention between all these people.  I don't know what'll happen, but I'll find out soon, since I seem to have enough responses.  Whee!  (Whee?  Whee, perhaps.)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 23, 2018, 08:49:17 pm »

Previous -- Next

Now I have the unenviable task of sorting out what everyone does.  To everyone.  And this isn't even a brawling forum game.

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Gary, Tohil, Alyssa Alpine, Dwain, Bob, Dustan.

Tohil isn't too big on this "Bob getting away" thing, but feels really good about setting things on fire, and so you sling a fire skull at his retreating back.  A beautiful burst of flame!

Bob immediately changes course, falling to the ground to roll out any flames in case your clothes were about to catch fire.  They're not, and the damage to your flesh is already done, but you don't let that stop you from a good bout of panicked floor-diving.

Gary's ever-changing outbursts turn to self-preservation.  Which is a fancy way of saying "you drop everything and plead for your life," falling prone and dropping your pick.

This doesn't look like it's going to stop Dustan!  In response, Alyssa backs to a better angle and lets loose once more with the phasestrike javelin.  You score a minor leg wound!

Dwain is pulled in too many directions and has no idea which way to look in order to defuse the escalating conflicts.  How many people are bleeding now?!

Dustan is less than pleased by the most recent addition of blood.  You close the distance as Alyssa tries to draw that new sword and quickly wrestle it away.  You overestimate, though, and the sword slips from your own grasp to sail off behind you--where it flies straight into John!  Hilt-first, fortunately, but you could say it leaves an impression.

So we're not done yet, and no one has successfully left the map.  I've updated character sheets; I think this is the most dropped armaments we've seen so far in the game.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:44 pm »

Gary quickly gets to his feet and scrambles over to the halfway house, hoping to find sanctuary there in case Dustan is not yet sated.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 23, 2018, 09:26:18 pm »

Let the coward go for now. If he flees, don't give chase.
"If I ever see you again, I will kill you with my own hands! Begone!"

Focus my attention to back to the group and defend Dwain, Alyssa and Gary by shooting a Fire Skull at Dustan with my sling. The doctor must have gone insane because of the long time he has been underground. Finish off Bob with another Fire Skull while he's on the ground since he wants to fight back.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:03:19 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 173