Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 215753 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #2025 on: February 23, 2018, 09:45:04 pm »

"Seriously. Can we just leave."

Walk away. Toward the exit. Leaving my weapons.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 24, 2018, 12:20:58 am »

Grab Gary and use him as a meatshield if I go first. Otherwise, Charge and attempt a non-lethal disarm on him as well. If tohil thinks he needs to kill me, he's got another thing coming.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 24, 2018, 02:45:12 am »

Kill Tohil. I will PM a special action. "Coward? Did you just not attack someone from behind,oh dear paladin of order?"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:57:50 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 24, 2018, 04:59:47 am »

Go back to the halfway house while the idiots kill each others

"So do any of you have a pack of cards or something to pass the time for a few minutes?"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 24, 2018, 10:04:45 am »

It's become a common refrain for me to post "I'm laughing so much right now," but really I am.  Roleplaying lets us pretend to be the most fantastically dysfunctional people.  And you suffer for it!

Just so long as everybody's okay with this.  Like when reading these comments:

"Seriously. Can we just leave."

Walk away. Toward the exit. Leaving my weapons.

I hope that no one's actually angry at the infighting.  I've seen plenty of forum games consist of dysfunctional people sabotaging themselves and each other over and over, and so long as "the show goes on" it's usually okay.  Here, of course, I invite anyone who actually dies to come back with a vengeance in a later life.  There's a plot and you are advancing it successfully.  "Heroically" is up for debate.

And:

Grab Gary and use him as a meatshield if I go first. Otherwise, Charge and attempt a non-lethal disarm on him as well.

At the moment, he has a war hammer on his belt but has said nothing about using it--instead, he is running away to the building.  I will match these instructions to that.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:21 am »

((I'm very against infighting. Not angry, but I'm somewhat annoyed. I don't like how the doctor suddenly started trying to murder pretty much everyone in the team or all of Bob senseless actions. Tohil is, after all, trying to improve cooperation between the exiles and this isn't helping.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 24, 2018, 11:12:27 am »

I hope that no one's actually angry at the infighting.
Not exactly (save as just said by RGUN, saving me the need to word my next intended comment). Just didn't quite see it going this way. :P.

I have no big preference for who should die, so I'm also short of options regarding who should not, if it seems I only have the option of meeting lethal force with the same.

Nobody's acting against me, nor for me. There must be a loose wheelbarrow (or, if both, the nearest, no preference as to contents) which I shall pointedly wheel over to this exit. Be prepared to duck projectiles, dodge punches and parry anything swung in my direction. If I get it there, and it's not well past the next round of combat, thwack the ground again to attract attention of anyone still alive and conscious.  I'm probably going ahead of the group this time.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 24, 2018, 12:19:04 pm »

((I'm very against infighting. Not angry, but I'm somewhat annoyed. I don't like how the doctor suddenly started trying to murder pretty much everyone in the team or all of Bob senseless actions. Tohil is, after all, trying to improve cooperation between the exiles and this isn't helping.))
((Just like punching chickens in skyrim gets you into trouble,ever POTENTIAL kick in the dick is a death sentence,who knew.))
I am a Goober.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: February 24, 2018, 10:51:36 pm »

That does seem to be everybody--excepting the occasionally-absent Louis (dustywayfarer).  I will try to update tomorrow in between running around.

I have no big preference for who should die, so I'm also short of options regarding who should not, if it seems I only have the option of meeting lethal force with the same.

If you do want to use nonlethal force, I assume all players are reasonably-adept wrestlers.  Which is to say: normal RTD dice determine your fate.

Not to discount your existing actions, which I have noted.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 24, 2018, 11:52:19 pm »

(One, his reaction is perfectly justified, and two, he is only going after Gary and Bob in hopes of preventing another sir lootington event. He hasn't tried to kill John, tohil, alyss, Dwain Or Louis intentionally even if he did end up flinging alyss's sword into John by while disarming them.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:54:34 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 25, 2018, 07:44:49 am »

(One, his reaction is perfectly justified, and two, he is only going after Gary and Bob in hopes of preventing another sir lootington event. He hasn't tried to kill John, tohil, alyss, Dwain Or Louis intentionally even if he did end up flinging alyss's sword into John by while disarming them.)
Problem is that since Tohil is with Gary, Dwain is with Tohil(I think?) and everyone is with Dwain...
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 25, 2018, 11:16:26 am »

Problem is that since Tohil is with Gary, Dwain is with Tohil(I think?) and everyone is with Dwain...

By "with," do you mean "on the same team as," or "physically standing near"?  I'm about ready with an update, and I'm handling the physical side, going off of instructions for who attacks whom.  It looks like Dwain (Starver) is trying to extricate himself; so, if it comes to "protecting your teammates," it'll be up to those interested in violence to determine how they act next.

Seriously, if someone ends up dead, I'm fine with it.  But in all my fiction, I've followed this rule: you can leave people dead, you just can't leave people upset.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 25, 2018, 12:35:12 pm »

((I mean as in "not friends, but not neutral either"

Tohil is "not quite friends, but not neutral to them either" with Dwain, Gary, maybe Alyssa or Dustan. He would probably risk his life to protect them depending of the situation.

Tohil is also neutral (won't aid them if there is infighting against them unless it's to protect the team) towards John, probably Dustan, maybe Alyssa, Louis.

There is also Bob, who instead of running away is now trying to kill Tohil despite him already taking half his health with a single hit.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 25, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »

I hope that no one's actually angry at the infighting.
((OOC, I'm quite amused by this sequence of events. If no one grabs my weapons I probably will go back and grab them next turn. Possibly at the same time as grabbing the other wheelbarrow.))

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: February 25, 2018, 07:26:36 pm »

Previous -- Next

The update seems to be ready now.  But are the rest of us?  Truly?

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Tohil, Gary, Dustan, Bob.

Tohil has a few words to say, but it looks like . . . Bob is getting something out of his backpack?  Quick, another blast while he's down!

Your fire skull explodes across his arm as he shields his face, but still he lunges for you.  No, wait, he isn't lunging for you, but for your feet!  No?  Not your feet, and what's that in his hand . . . ?

BOOM!

With some satisfaction, Bob watches Tohil fall backwards from the explosion of dust caused by the splitter wand.  You had wanted to drop him straight into this new pit in the floor, but knocking him prone on the other side of the gap will do!

Gary just hopes to get away, and tears like heck towards the building behind Dustan's back.  Dustan turns to give chase, and gets one hand on that war hammer on Gary's belt, but just doesn't have the grip to do much except stay in reach.

The residents of the Halfway House had begun to form a line of onlookers; in response to all of this they break up.  "Not in here!" is the general cry--some sound upset, some sound hostile.  Additional weapons may be sprouting.

Which puts a serious damper on John's attempt to strike up conversation.  Alyssa and Dwain decide to abandon this mess and leave.  This will, of course, mean threading through it first . . .

I suspect that this will go places shortly.  Healthfulness of same to be determined.  (Lacking input from Louis (dustywayfarer), I've been giving him a wheelbarrow in order to move events along.)
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 173