Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218296 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 19 - In a Wound
« Reply #2385 on: June 19, 2018, 07:53:48 pm »

(Wall tigers aren't burrowers, are they? I don't think we've properly investigated the statement that "one or more breaches opened up in the walls of the mines, completely unrelated to their mining activity", yet. Especially now that we know that it can't just be a momentary slip of a Splitter. But I aint there to examine that beyond-well breach, or deal with those Tigers immediately.)

I suppose I should note the 'rescue' of Alyssa and move forward with the lantern-light edge that one presumes is being pushed forward, but no further than Alyssa's position as we extend this perimeter into our own tunnel. Look for signs of fauna as I go, as top priority. And anything mycobiotic as a close second.

(Or, I suppose evidence of the 'eyewitnesses' who never got to report back, as our rather disinterested 'leader' might consider them.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:18 pm »

"This isn't time for talking, Dustan! Wall tigers! Up there, in the walls! Just as I thought, waiting to ambush us!"

Tohil takes his sling and shoots a Fire Skull to the wall tiger clinging to the wall. Aim to it's head!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 20, 2018, 08:42:26 am »

(Enjoying the responses so far.  Back later!)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 20, 2018, 10:05:45 am »

Stay still, be ready for any attacks provoked by a person running towards me.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:11 pm »

I need . . . Gary (Coolrune206), right?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 21, 2018, 05:38:18 pm »

Gary backs away slowly back towards the wheelbarrows.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 22, 2018, 07:41:41 pm »

Previous -- Next

Away we go!  Let me get this bit done:

Spoiler: Observation rolls (click to show/hide)

The event of "we have actual information now" sets many into motion.  Dustan continues to argue with Tohil about caution, and John dashes westward (with a lit lantern) to alert AlyssaGary backs away.  Conversely, the people waving the swords, operating under what had last been declared by one of their number, are already descending further into the pit, toward the emergency well.

Other events overlap.  Tohil tries to warn everybody, and at the same time prepares for ranged combat.  Dustan spots the targets himself and readies to act.  Tohil slings a fire skull!

The projectile impacts the wall tiger clinging to vertical stone, exploding in a burst of fire.  It's not directly in its face; but it's enough to frighten the beast into losing its grip!

Speaking of which, your eager toss--while still flailing around a roaring axe that's supposed to be two-handed--causes imbalance and you tumble down the mine slope.  Thereafter is a marvelous demonstration of physics as you and the wall tiger descend at the same rate.  It impacts the ground and goes prone; you slide to a semi-controlled halt and grunt against your new scrapes and bruises.  You're right behind a distracted swordsman; why's he standing still when there's the other wall tiger climbing down to greet you?  Did he see something new?  There's nothing but a crevice into the deep dark underworld on the other side of the well.

All in the northwest are on alert.  With the approaching light, Alyssa can see the tunnel splits.  Or, perhaps, the tunnel turns north, but there's a human-carved opening in the west: you see tiny sprinkles of rock salt in what seems an expansive empty.  This must be a separate mining pit.

There's some more blood.  Wait!  Both you and Dwain hear something!  Noises!  Coming from . . . up!  There's nothing overhead in the tunnel right where you stand, but oh, you can make some educated guesses . . .

. . . Dustan (Dustan Hache): Because you spotted what was going on early (you were warned and also rolled a "Succeed greatly"), you'll go first in the upcoming combat round (and can probably fit in something complicated).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:52:53 am by Sir Knight »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 22, 2018, 07:59:21 pm »

"What are you waiting for?! The enemy is right in front of us! If you didn't notice them, you must be blind!"

Grab my axe, alert the rest of the soldiers and guide them against the closest tiger! Make sure to get some distance between me and the tigers to aim another fire skull propely towards whoever tiger the soldiers focus on. I won't try swinging around that flaming axe for now, the last thing I want is to attack an ally by mistake.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:53:57 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 23, 2018, 09:40:32 am »

"lovely. Wall tigers. I wonder if one of them recognizes me."
stab at the uninjured wall tiger. Go for the eyes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 23, 2018, 10:21:11 am »

advance towards Alyssa and Dwain to aid them in case of sudden tiger ambush and see a bit of the north tunnel.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 23, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »

I'm edging my back to the wall (2E+1N seems like a good spot, if you don't have any more obvious fate in mind, away from obvious debris) as I keep Alyssa in sight but keep my ears on the noises.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 23, 2018, 07:15:32 pm »

Keep ready and on the lookout for Wall-Tigers. Try not to throw my Phasestrike Javelin where I can't get to it easily.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 23, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »

Keep ready and on the lookout for Wall-Tigers. Try not to throw my Phasestrike Javelin where I can't get to it easily.

Ah, but that implies you would attack otherwise.  Got it.

And now waiting on Gary (Coolrune206).  Also me.  I'm not going to have a single second to myself the next couple of days, I do believe.  So be it!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:49 am »

Gary stays at a safe distance and watches the wall tigers carefully, ready to call out at the first sign of movement.

((For a short while, I may be unable to access the internet. If another turn is up and I once again am the last to respond, my actions will generally be that Gary will remain vigilant and watch the tigers for his party, moving if the majority of his group does, and joining combat (carefully) if they do.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 26, 2018, 10:38:39 am »

and joining combat (carefully) if they do.

It looks like that will be happening.  I'm now mostly back and should be able to puzzle through an update.  (And I think things might just get more complicated than that.)
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 173