Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173]

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218759 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest
« Reply #2580 on: August 16, 2018, 09:18:53 pm »

Thanks for running the game. I had a lot of fun playing it.

I probably triggered the plots because I had no idea of where I wanted to take John as a character so I tried to do as many things as possible while staying "in-character".
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 16, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »

Well, for my part, you know through my "oversharing with the GM" messages what I (though maybe not Dwain himself, who I desperately tried to keep not as dangerously genre-savvy) thought about some things, and I do hope to get a chance to learn more, like how wrong I was.

And then maybe others might see Dwain develop more of the potential I never quite got round to, eh? :-X I know I could have done more. (Perhaps I didn't do so much because there were so many others developing themselves? Good group, hope I didn't hold you back, as players, too much by my actions or inactions.) You know what I was pondering in the tunnel, with the person out in front of me.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 16, 2018, 10:55:34 pm »

Ah, this was a fun game. Unfortunately the amount of time that I’ve been able to put into things like this has been steadily decreasing, so towards the end I wasn’t able to put quite as much effort as I would have liked into my last few posts

I guess I will clear up any lingering confusion over Alyssa’s gender, didn’t realize her name would cause that much confusion.

Not sure what else to say, I believe I only have one more active game at the moment and not sure if I’ll stick around if that ends; so I guess I’ll say this: thanks for the ride.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 17, 2018, 05:45:59 am »

My expirience was short lived as a PC but i had fun, thank you for hosting this
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 17, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »

anyways have a good journey through your new job and stuff; as well for new games maybe . . . [games]

Thank you!

It's a shame the game has to end before Gary could be  fully kitted out in the rotting flesh of creatures he had either slain or stolen, but such is life.

Yyyeah, that had potential to get interesting.  I could have made your "wearing the dead bits of other creatures" thing have more of an effect in-game, but I seemed to lose track of it at times.  "Diplomacy rolls" would have been a good place for weird reactions.  (Though, come to think of it, you were at a distance when the most recent diplomacy-able human antagonists appeared.  Eh.)

and also how NPCs acknowledged other characters and sometimes ignored Tohil. Despite that, I still loved everything about the game and I hope to be able to play again in the future. I definitely had lots of fun playing as an insane sun cultist knight lossely inspired on Solaire.

Glad you enjoyed it.  When it came to overlooking people, I know I dropped a number of people's actions and interactions.  See the bit with Gary (Coolrune206)'s very-visible lunacy, above; and also I believe Dwain (Starver) commented in the thread when I seemed to get his actions wrong a lot toward the beginning.  So I know I didn't get everything in.

Roll to Magic. Special People. The Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

I'm most of the way through the Warrens!  If we made it through the next big adventure, I was going to insert a reference.  This whole thing has been riddled with references, though I fear I've mostly been talking to myself: is there anybody here who knows why an ant lemming nest smells of vanilla?

It was pretty great seeing how almost everyone had some kind of mental disorder and how would they interact with (or murder) eachother.

I'm trying to think of a forum game where this isn't true . . .

I probably would have returned to the waitlist if I did, especially during the wastrel camp ambush. I would have had trouble with a name, though.

He he he.

I probably triggered the plots because I had no idea of where I wanted to take John as a character so I tried to do as many things as possible while staying "in-character".

It worked!  If this were a face-to-face tabletop session, I imagine it would have been fun to watch all the roleplaying.

Well, for my part, you know through my "oversharing with the GM" messages what I (though maybe not Dwain himself, who I desperately tried to keep not as dangerously genre-savvy) thought about some things, and I do hope to get a chance to learn more, like how wrong I was.

At some point, I'd like to know what people did think was going on with various parts.  I had so many things advancing at a pretty snail-like pace.  Good thing it lasted more than a year, at least, since I could deliver a few punchlines.

I guess I will clear up any lingering confusion over Alyssa’s gender, didn’t realize her name would cause that much confusion.

Not sure what else to say, I believe I only have one more active game at the moment and not sure if I’ll stick around if that ends; so I guess I’ll say this: thanks for the ride.

Ha!  That settles it.  Also, yes, not everybody has the time.  Like . . . me.  A pity, but in-person RPG's don't always last until the end, either, due to everyone's life obligations.  I remember being in high school and running a friend through a campaign where he commented "this is the first RPG I've ever played that got to the end."

My expirience was short lived as a PC but i had fun, thank you for hosting this

Yay!  Not bad for literally my first time as a forum GM, huh?  (I owe much to the forum games other people run here.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:00 am »

Only thing I'm going to regret is not being able to buy the ember tunic to become the embodiment of divine fire.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173]