Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 217917 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:38 am »

"I am not going near the probably explosive gas"

Go to help Frank in obtaining dinner
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 09:52:49 am »

Frank retaliates, striking at Scaled Turkey C.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 10:34:07 am »

"Fine I don't even need your help. Favor fortunes the bold and all that"

Forcefully make my eyes adapt to lowlight, than pray to the gods that this cave has a aquifer or underwater lake, than explore westwards in my crouched position
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:40:57 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 11:36:49 am »

"wait, what's that noise?"
go investigate what is going on in the room opened by frank and help kill anything attacking.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 12:30:40 pm »

Previous -- Next

With John turning back, Lazlowe continues by feel.  It's slow going in the dark.

Ow!  Seriously?  You just saw those walls a moment ago.  What are they doing jumping out at you like that?

Lazlowe feels blood on his forehead, but at least that's the worst of it as he rounds a distant corner.  Sure, it smells bad over here, but it's not like it's brain-melting toxic gas.  Or is that just something you'd think after melting your brain with toxic gas?  Or receiving an injury to your forehead?

Anway.

Frank hears the escaped hypothetical food fleeing loudly and making a ruckus off to the west, but whatever, there's a ruckus-maker right here right now.

Frank whiffs his attack against the scaly food-beast, which tries to retaliate but only succeeds in catching its talon in the stone.  It stumbles and trips, just in time for . . .

. . . Dustan to grossly overestimate his own backswing!  He winds up jabbing himself in the side with the back end of his pick, but at least the front end finishes the fight.

Scaled turkey C has been struck down!

ziizo, I put you in the "entrance" chamber so I could show you on the map, but you can react to events: continue as planned and meet up with the others, or do whatever else you want.  And as a reminder, you are the only one with a lantern lit right now.

And I went back and added links to the posts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:01:15 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:04 pm »

"A-after it! We cannot let any food escape!"

Frank pursues the last turkey into the darkness.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 12:46:58 pm »

"F%*#, I knew I should of been more careful when crouch walking. Wait I'm an idiot I didn't even test if I could relight my lantern."

Lazlowe will try to go back to a position where their is any kind of light by going prone and crawling their for extra safety. Than try to see if I could relight his lantern

(If I go prone their is no possible chance for hitting a wall, right?...)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:56:26 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 12:50:43 pm »

"wait you will need light to see it"

Follow Frank
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 01:47:12 pm »

Lazlowe will try to go back to a position where their is any kind of light by going prone and crawling their for extra safety. Than try to see if I could relight his lantern

(If I go prone their is no possible chance for hitting a wall, right?...)

Now I'm tempted to roll for cave-ins and accidentally putting your hand in a pool of acid . . .

No, no, kidding, it's fine if you want to go slowly and safely.  But for the lantern: everyone started with a day's worth of lantern candles in inventory, and yours are used up.  You have a flint, though, so you can set other stuff on fire.  (P.S.: There's loose rocks all over the place and you could probably find a flint even if you didn't have one.)  Assuming that the "stuff that looks like coal" on the west of the visible map really IS coal, then it SHOULD be able to burn, but of course you can't carry big burning chunks of coal in your hand.  Without making the GM laugh.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 01:50:32 pm »

light my lamp again, and go check the other room.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »

Sorry, do you mean to go west with Frank and John after the vanished creature, or go southwest where Lazlowe is searching in the dark?  I'm assuming the latter unless I hear otherwise.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 02:07:41 pm »

Now I'm tempted to roll for cave-ins and accidentally putting your hand in a pool of acid . . .

No, no, kidding, it's fine if you want to go slowly and safely.  But for the lantern: everyone started with a day's worth of lantern candles in inventory, and yours are used up.  You have a flint, though, so you can set other stuff on fire.  (P.S.: There's loose rocks all over the place and you could probably find a flint even if you didn't have one.)  Assuming that the "stuff that looks like coal" on the west of the visible map really IS coal, then it SHOULD be able to burn, but of course you can't carry big burning chunks of coal in your hand.  Without making the GM laugh.

Well then, I will have to change my action to...

I will crawl back to the previous position I was where their was light, than try pick up some of the coal and bring it from where the coal looking rocks are and than move them to the wheel barrow or the central air with the fresh air is, whatever is more convenient   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:26:34 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 03:33:08 pm »

Sorry, do you mean to go west with Frank and John after the vanished creature, or go southwest where Lazlowe is searching in the dark?  I'm assuming the latter unless I hear otherwise.
West.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »

Previous -- Next

Lazlowe turns back around carefully.  It seemed like there was further to go in the southwest, sure, but there definitely weren't any signs or sounds of water.  Soon he gets some visibility, scoops up the we-hope-it's coal and heads for the wheelbarrow.

(That's four 3-kg-per-each chunks of we-hope-it's-coal I'm tossing into your backpack for now.  You can see your inventory in the first post.  I'm sure you'll add them to the wheelbarrow in the central chamber next turn, but let's see how the others are doing . . . )

Meanwhile, the rest of the group re-assembles behind Frank, the latter nobly taking the lead down a narrow corridor, lit from behind by the bobbing light in the lanterns.  Frank promptly discovers why the scaled turkeys were cowering in a corner the entire time you were mining into their cavern instead of running away.

Spoiler: . . . vs. Frank (click to show/hide)

Freakish tentacles lash at you from the cave ceiling, bludgeoning like a club, stinging like a jellyfish.  Frank suffers for it, barely avoiding an even worse injury; but you can see nearby that the final scaled turkey was felled already.

As you watch, long thin legs shift from where they had been hiding against the nearby walls.  You spy the body of some creature you had missed against the ceiling, like a leathery land-bound standing jellyfish waiting for prey to come by.  Its three legs had been dislocated from sockets around the body's rim, like dislocated shoulders, and now they set themselves with slurping sounds.  From the middle extend the tentacles that it used like a whip.

And there's another one!  They're coming for you!

Basically tripods without the heat rays.  Or evil squid with elbows.

Okay, GM time.  I want the game to proceed at a good pace, and the fastest part of any game is me rolling random numbers.  Please give me at least two actions per post during combat.  It can be as simple as "Kill the nearest freakish standing jellyfish x2."  Or you can give me conditionals, whatever, I wanna do what you wanna do.

I will then go through combat rounds until either I run out of rolls or something weird happens that interrupts things and requires your input.  Cool?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:21:06 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »

Frank retreats to the two other miners at the mouth of the tunnel. He then gets ready to attack any of the creatures, if they come into range, before they can attack him.

"Shit! Don't run! Form a defensive line!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 173