Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218495 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure
« Reply #420 on: March 28, 2017, 01:20:46 am »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWHYAMIEVENSCREAMINGANYMOREIDON'TKNOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"
Punches frank in the face with a rock, while also making sure he looks fabulous in his tentacle monster hat.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 28, 2017, 09:42:31 am »

Whoop, that's something from everyone!  Chaos all round.  If anyone wants to tuck in a counter-reaction to someone else (there was conversation, after all), you have until I can finish the update.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:34 am »

Previous -- Next

Priorities must be maintained: economics, economics, revenge.

And so John sets to work defacing the original of the mysterious carving with his mining pick, because obviouslyDurenadal collects a chunk of hematite, getting miffed just a little at how hefty this stuff is.  He'd gladly carry some of the lighter stuff for other people, but no, they seem intent on their own concerns right now.

For example, Sir Lootington's continued pummeling of Frank.

A smack across the cheek with a solid chunk of shale does little!  Frank pretty much sits there, waiting for something more interesting to happen.  He's suffered worse.  Much worse.  Sometimes at his own hand.

At least it didn't dislodge Lootington's tentacular carcass hat.

On the other side of this cavern, Overseer trails Dustan back to the sloped area.  His chiding voice follows him down (but not his self; he has self-preservation instinct).  Dustan tests the air and finds that, unsurprisingly, it smells like a recent conflagration.  Here goes . . .

Look at that!  At the little turn in this pit, where some of the mysterious teal stone was jutting out, the force seems to have sheared cracks across the rock face.  You grab on and struggle for a moment, working it back and forth.  Your head starts to hurt, but in the end some shale just collapses, freeing the stone.  Into your backpack that goes!

Nothing seems out of place other than a persistent burnt smell and a headache.

The thing that looks like a "gem" on the floor is the burnt spot from the glowstone.  It's basically the burnt-out version of campfire ASCII.  I've decided to start including these marks you have on the environment.

It appears I'm going to be hit by my obligations for the foreseeable future.  We'll see how much of an impact it has.  I'll surely keep checking because I wanna have fun here, but it seems like waiting a couple days is good for getting everyone's responses anyway, so I imagine we're fine?  Yes?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:10:20 pm by Sir Knight »

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 28, 2017, 11:28:12 am »

start piling up stone into a makeshift furnace. hole in the front, hole in the top, shaped like a traffic cone, but squatter.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2017, 11:43:50 am »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOKSERIOUSLYWHYAMIDOINGTHISANYMOREYOUKNOWWHATSCREWITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"
Keep beating up Frank... If that fails then SUFFOCATE HIM WITH MY TENTACLES ON MY TENTACLE HAT!!!!!

((I changed my action to something different.))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:40:10 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:17 am »

Frank tires of this. He stabs Sir Lootington with his knife. Repeatedly.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »

Attack Sir Lootintong, unless he stop his attack. if he does just look threatening

"I am supposed to be the criminal here not the law but you will stop with the murder attempts or I will make you stop permanently"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:47:47 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2017, 12:34:59 pm »

"Why did everybody here... scratch that, a few people here... have to be utterly insane?"

Overseer grabs Frank and pulls him out of the way of Lootington.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:32 pm »

...Shit. NEW PLAN: RUN THROUGH THE TUNNEL AT THE TOP LEFT INSTEAD OF ATTACKING PEOPLE! CANCEL OLD PLAN BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO KILL ME!

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »

It looks like Sir Lootington (TankKit)'s dash away will succeed--Overseer (FallacyofUrist) was going to grab Frank (Coolrune206), not Lootington.  So you have a breather and should figure out your actions anew.

If you want to settle your business here and follow him, go right ahead.

Leaving here will take you overnight.  This means that Lootington, far ahead, will have to consume his own food and water, and will not benefit from a campfire.  A small price to pay for . . . uh . . . whatever he was hoping to accomplish . . .

Basically, I'll need to get confirmations/new actions from everybody.  I'm in contact with TankKit over private message in case it matters.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2017, 03:14:31 pm »

Frank decides to rest here overnight.

Using the rolled parchment in his bag and a bit of ingenuity, he tries to create a single glove out of the paper. He watches his back carefully, and keeps a flame skull loaded in his sling. If at any point he sees Sir Lootington, he flings the skull, then prepares to defend himself with his knife.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 28, 2017, 04:00:30 pm »

Frank decides to rest here overnight.

So you know, you might as well travel.

You'll still camp overnight during the travel, and I'll still fulfill your actions.  But this way you'll get somewhere.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2017, 12:57:12 pm »

remembering that bad air causes headaches, Exhale and hold my breath out till I am clear of the explosion zone, then move our stuff away from it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:39:42 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2017, 01:23:08 pm »

"Well. I think we can all agree that this was a bit too chaotic. Perhaps a code of laws is in order...?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2017, 10:17:23 am »

Previous -- Next

It looks like we have responses from everyone, though a mixture from before and after the "scuffle."  There's a problem of actions on different timescales, up to and including letting the evening pass to night.  It's enough that I should update before a nightfall so you can think about it.

Riot and insurrection!  Sir Lootington's conflict with Frank begins to draw attention from the group, just as Frank begins to draw his workstone knife.  John and Overseer move to split up any (further) violence.  Lootington decides to cut losses and run, vanishing down the tunnel in the northwest before anyone can touch him.  Persons involved have snarky commentary about events.

Dustan gets the impression that it's not all fun and games down the pit of teal either and leaves, moving the wheelbarrow setup to the other side of the cavern, where everyone is gathered anyway.  You definitely have a headache now, but it's not getting any worse, so that's good.

Frank, no longer under siege, thinks for a bit and looks into making a trial parchment-glove.  Durenadal has a craft project of his own.  There's talk of how to pass the evening.

You may never have heard the word "origami," but Frank manages a surprising result with some of the parchment from that surface kit.  Thankfully, the wall tiger blood has long-since dried on your hands, so the resultant thin and fragile parchment glove doesn't immediately suffer a red-stained collapse.  You'd go so far as to call it a dashing fashion accessory.  And you have plenty of parchment left!

Durenadal, however, is experiencing frustration after frustration with getting these pieces of shale to fit together into a useful shape.  How large should it be to hold the right sort of fire?  How air-tight (or not) need the sides of a furnace be?  Where's an expert when you could use one?!

It gradually begins to dawn on you that the group's blacksmith was just chased away down a tunnel.

Frank (Coolrune206) spoke of resting for the night, but no one else weighed in.  So . . . stick around for the evening and night, and let Sir Lootington get a head start on exploration?  Or travel out of this area and camp while traveling as usual?

If you blow off the evening, I should warn you that tomorrow midday you'll pass the 48-hour mark on those standing jellyfish carcasses, which is when I told you that I check for rot.  I expect you'll cook available raw meat tonight (in preference to eating preserved meals), but if you don't find someone to buy those raw hides soon then you risk losing cash.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:26:25 pm by Sir Knight »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 173