Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218689 times)

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If i think I can grab a chunk of flesh with mushrooms growing on it without setting the mushrooms off, try to throw a bunch of mushrooms at the tiger. If not, throw a rock at the tiger.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Good stuff.  (And glad to see you back.)

I'll check in again tomorrow for Overseer (FallacyofUrist).

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Doo de doo.

I rolled for combat round order and found that Overseer (FallacyofUrist) is near the front, so I need to know just how close his edible human flesh will be to peril when things get bloody.  Bloodier.

The entire combat order is whacked out, so you know.  I think approximately one of you will be happy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((Sorry 'bout being late.))

Being pointed out to the wall tiger, Overseer readies his pickaxe and goes on overwatch(if the tiger gets to melee range, he hits it).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Doo de doo.

I rolled for combat round order and found that Overseer (FallacyofUrist) is near the front, so I need to know just how close his edible human flesh will be to peril when things get bloody.  Bloodier.

The entire combat order is whacked out, so you know.  I think approximately one of you will be happy.
Care to name the lucky person?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Doo de doo.

Care to name the lucky person?
(It's probable that I, Sir Lootington, or both of us may die. So it's likely you being happy.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, it's Dustan here, since you (Dustan) come in first.  FallacyofUrist will probably be fine as well, since he's second, but his action appears not to be as order-important as other things (such as your hand-to-hand combat).

Now I'm preparing the round and it all seems to be working out.  A large number of plans fall apart, but no one's dead yet . . .

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Previous -- Next

To battle!  There are so many special maneuvers in this that my efforts to create tables are kinda shot.

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Dustan, Overseer, the wall tiger, John, Frank, Sir Lootington, and Durenadal.

It's safe to say this means everybody will learn about the wall tiger if they need to know it for their turn.

Everything else may be going out the proverbial window, but that doesn't stop good old-fashioned beatings.  Dustan shield-bashes Sir Lootington, barely managing to exert superior force as each party tries to shove the other.  The buckler messes up a couple facial features (not important ones, don't worry) and Dustan throws Lootington to the ground!

Lootington struggles.  It's pretty difficult to shove anyone anywhere when at approximately ankle-height.  With other events unfolding around the corner, Dustan hatches a plan for his prone opponent . . .

Splot!  The wall tiger touches down, though not with the grace it might have hoped.  It lands in front of John and impales the claws of its forepaw into the very corpse that had just given off spores!  It's a mite distracted now.

John, of course, takes immediate advantage of this to hurry off.

(Lots of failures so far this combat.)

He makes his way to where Overseer is waiting in a defensive position then dumps his waterskin over his arms, trying to wash out the spores.  Argh, it's not working!

Spoiler: Insight roll (click to show/hide)

Frank returns from the far chamber, a little slow on the take and unable to give good warning.  He falls back on the tried-and-true backup plan: blowing stuff up.

Those fire skulls haven't been returning the investment as you'd like, but they sure feel good.  The one you sling impacts the wall right above the wall tiger's head and it recoils from the fiery blast!

Meanwhile Durenadal has the opening he needs to give the creature a faceful of mushrooms!  A severed leg, covered in ugly growths, makes a good projectile.  It bounces straight across the cringing beast's nose!

And that's it.  The leg plops to the ground off to the side.  You're not sure, since you couldn't exactly see the one that hit John with spores, but none of these other mushrooms look "bulbous" enough to explode.

ASCII note: I'm not satisfied with that "prone" graphic for Sir Lootington.  The Dwarf Fortress standard is a brown background, sure.  But should I darken the smiley's color to make it blend better?  Or just not worry about it?

Dustan: Your quest for stabby murder can proceed (with a prone opponent) next turn, as desired.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"nope Nope NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

KICK HIM INTO THE WHEELBARROW SO THAT HE TRIPS OVER! COME ON GOD DAMN IT YOU CAN DO THIS SIR LOOTINGTON, SURVIVE! WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE CRAZY IF YOU DIE!?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

(Wow.  If you dealt even 1/10 damage per nope, you'd hit for 25 or 26 HP right there.)

(This reply intended for entertainment purposes only.  Not to be taken as an offer to inflict damage by post.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Frank sighs, and tries flinging a few regular rocks at the tiger.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Just shut up and die you walking tumor!"
stab him in the throat and chop his head off. If head removal is successful, toss it at the wall tiger.
I wouldn't worry about it. That's why we have text based status effects after all!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

throw pieces of coke to the tiger you can retrieve them once it dies.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"OK! good to know!" Throw a rock at the tiger.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Don't worry i will be a crazy
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 173