Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218747 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"I..."

If the tiger gets near, Overseer pickaxes it. Otherwise, he's fine letting the madmen his teammates are kill themselves on it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

he's fine letting the madmen his teammates are kill themselves on it.
Excuse me fallacy, did you forget how to English for a moment?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"he's fine letting <the madmen (his teammates are)> kill themselves on it."

Semantically sounds ok to me.
(Tactically sound, too, I suppose, so long as it doesn't just leave an enraged tiger and one more target.  Depends on dem dice, dough.)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

. . . Well.  Here I had been mentally congratulating you folks on having a winning strategy, and within the space of one turn it devolved into "throw rocks at it."

But that's all the players!  I'll be back tomorrow with, hopefully, an update.  I do also need to stop procrastinating and get more real-world work done.

(And a ninja poster stopped me before I could grammar at you.)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Previous -- Next

Continuing the fun . . .

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Overseer, Durenadal, Sir Lootington, Dustan, Frank, John, and the wall tiger.

Since the enemy goes last, I'll gather up all your rolls against it.

(That's even more failure than last round.  At least it worked out fine for John.  GM note: I don't intend for players to be able to attack themselves deliberately in order to "flush out" bad effects.  Some of you people might get ideas . . . )

Overseer stands his ground while his teammates launch a fusillade of projectiles!  Or, not.  Durenadal quickly backs up past the wheelbarrows and grabs a rock to throw, but instead drops the dumb thing on his foot.  Or drops the thing on his dumb foot.  Frank does better with a sling stone, managing to get it into the air, but whiffs the target.  Then John struggles with the coke in his backpack, but his weakened muscles protest and he can hardly get the strength to harm anything!  At least the effort powers him through the paralysis effect and you feel its hold fade.

(Is this just the lowest-rolling round of all time?)

The struggle of human vs. human continues across the way, with Sir Lootington rolling and kicking at Dustan.  Helping your opponent embed his knife in your own calf is progress, right?

(No, seriously, what is up with this combat round?)

Finally, with little to distract it, the wall tiger shakes the corpse bits free from its claws and bounds after the last human that had passed nearby.  It swats at Durenadal!  Fortunately, you've toughened up after your adventures in the caves, and you can take the scrape.  Battle continues . . .

Now, Overseer (FallacyofUrist): looking at that map, is the enemy close enough that you would attack it?  If so, I'll add your missing attack at the start of next round, and you can tell me as usual what your action will be for that round.

Sir Lootington (TankKit): you didn't say anything about getting out of this perilous prone position . . .

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Frank charges, closing the distance, tackling the beast,
then tries to stab it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

well, if at first I don't succeed, try again. Stab him in the eye this time for good measure.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

attack tiger with pickaxe.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

well, if at first I don't succeed, try again. Stab him in the eye this time for good measure.

And just to be clear: if it works (this time), and you have an opening in combat, do you still want to "sacrifice" chunks of your target to get the predator to leave?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Why yes, not like he was using that brain anyway!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY, DIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!"

KICK HIM INTO THE GOD DAMN WALL TIGER AND CRAWL THE FUCK AWAY!!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw another rock at the tiger!!! "Leave me alone!"
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Okay, noted.  I made preliminary rolls to see what would happen, and . . . are people okay if I completely throw out a batch of rolls and try again?  This scene is just gonna drag out otherwise.  I keep rolling 1's.

Either way, still need an answer from Overseer (FallacyofUrist) to know if an "attack from overwatch" will impact the result.  Again: looking at that map, is the enemy close enough that you would attack it?  If so, I'll add your missing attack at the start of this round, and you can tell me as usual what your action will be for the round.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Okay, noted.  I made preliminary rolls to see what would happen, and . . . are people okay if I completely throw out a batch of rolls and try again?  This scene is just gonna drag out otherwise.  I keep rolling 1's.

Either way, still need an answer from Overseer (FallacyofUrist) to know if an "attack from overwatch" will impact the result.  Again: looking at that map, is the enemy close enough that you would attack it?  If so, I'll add your missing attack at the start of this round, and you can tell me as usual what your action will be for the round.
Go with your gut feeling. You're the GM. If you feel rolls are being lopsided, toss out your old dice and run another set.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Yeah, I mean, the results I got here are funny and all, but if the scene doesn't advance then you players don't have anything to do but "repeat last turn's action."  I'll re-roll once I get FallacyofUrist's confirmation on the attacking/action stuff.

Aaaand I'll be back tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 173