Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 215656 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((No, the tiger would need to be slightly closer.))

"Hey! Stop attacking the somewhat sane one!"

Pickaxe the tiger.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Ah, okay, so your "overwatch" attack would have been like "a retort if it attacked you."  Instead, this turn you're bringing the fight to the enemy.  Will do.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

. . . Nope, looks like I'm not finding the time to update you all tonight.  My apologies.  I'll be back tomorrow after an indeterminate amount of other tasks.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Okay so let's see what happend in day 7 so far...
-The group found Sir Lootington,with guards...having a mental brakedown...
-Group went into the mines again,and Sir Lootington tried to stab Dustan in the face,
-John got spored with...some kind of spores,
-Suprise attack,
-(oh and i guess they found Helmoc's body or something but who cares he's dead now)
-Some bad puns were fired when the battle between our dearest "Friends" happened,
-Durendal got a bit hit i guess?
-I think this goes aswell for the Overseer?(or probebly not)
-Frank shot some rocks,and charged at the Wall Tiger...
-and that's preety much it.
(i know noone preety much cares about this post,but i still posted it for a memory refreshment i guess? also a quick note for someone who was passing by and didnt read anything,and i was just bored so i wrote this : P)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Previous -- Next

We're good, we're good, I think I've got it all ready now.

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

Dustan, Sir Lootington, Frank, Durenadal, the wall tiger, Overseer, and John.

(Continuing the trend of rolling "1" throughout recent combat, Dustan (listed 1 on the player roster) is going first again.  This . . . could get messy.)

(I wonder if I can make both of the above happen . . . )

(Is dogpile the answer?  Dogpile it is.)

The wall tiger advances with the predator's look of clear single-minded aggression.  Speaking of which, Dustan and Sir Lootington.

Dustan lunges, intent on embedding his knife in Lootington's eye, disregarding all the latter's attempts at self-defence.  Lootington flails his legs with all his might to kick Dustan away, but it's not fast enough!  The knife descends!

Sir Lootington has been struck down!

Turns out that lodging your knife into someone's skull has a downside.  Lootington's legs, bunched up beneath your chest, deliver a final spasmodic two-footed shove, sending you sailing backwards . . . and you drag his corpse with you!  The two of you topple toward the wall tiger in a grisly, blooded somersault.

At the same time, Frank makes to tackle the enemy (I mean, the four-legged one) and deliver more violence, while Durenadal grabs another rock to throw.  Frank winds up tackling him and the rock sails off to deliver a bruise to the wall tiger's shoulder.

It's a pile of four people, all at the snarling monster's feet, as Overseer and John advance with mining pick in hand.

The scent of fresh blood in the air is strong, surely stronger for a predator, and here these humans have dropped a leaky corpse at its feet.  The wall tiger clamps its jaws on Lootington's upper arm, practically before he even comes to a rest, and turns tail from your bared weapons.  It begins climbing right back up the wall!

Such a nice herd of humans, always bringing another meal.  It will have to remember you.

(I guess people in blue just die on this map.  I guess Dustan has a monopoly on player kills.  I . . . guess this is okay?)

Now, GM time: Overseer (FallacyofUrist) and John (ziizo), are you pursuing the creature-and-corpse in any way?  I note that Sir Lootington dropped his iron sword and lantern on death, but nothing else.

Sir Lootington (TankKit), you have died while some possessions are in your lockbox.  Do you want to go on the waitlist?  If so, do you want your lockbox contents to wait for you?  Or do you want the rest of the team to loot your lockbox?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Frank immediately sits down and lights his soul-candle thing.

"Share in the glow, companions. Today we shall steal our dead frenemy's life force!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Frank immediately sits down and lights his soul-candle thing.

"Share in the glow, companions. Today we shall steal our dead frenemy's life force!"

(Should I give a user's manual, or be a jerk and let this play out?)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

(Depends on whether you want to retcon in an explanation from the shopkeep, or just decide to let things play out.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

(Depends on whether you want to retcon in an explanation from the shopkeep, or just decide to let things play out.)

(It's cool, it's cool, I'm confident in what happens next.)

(Different topic: I've noticed that no one from the second team of exiles has killed . . . anything.  Obviously an invitation to throw more baddies at you.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

"Goodbye sir Lomington your noble sacrifice will not be remembered"
let the tiger do tiger things. put sword and lantern in wheelbarrow.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(Remarkably, I seem to be the best PKer on the team. and I'm the doctor for the team. let that sink in.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

let the tiger do tiger things. put sword and lantern in wheelbarrow.

Do you (or does any other player) intend to go back to the older items resting amidst the mushrooms?

(The spore weirdness stopped you from a full inventory the first time.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Sure. Why not?
Retry the stuff in the mushrooms too.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I would like to suggest that we leave the area before the tiger finishes it's meal!". Gather some of the mushrooms, smush them into one of my water-skins, ad a little bit of water and a little bit of A&B ale. Let's see whether this produces some form of paralytic poison, or just horrid-tasting booze.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

He he he . . . would you like to taste the mushrooms at this time, or wait until they've soaked in the alcohol?  It's evening, so there will be some natural time for it to sit overnight once the group leaves the area.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 173