Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218767 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"... death is all around me."

Overseer stares at the place where Lootington's corpse was.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

"... death is all around me."

(You people are just awesome.)

So I'm almost ready to make an update.  Dustan: do you want to spend your term reflecting on your role as a bringer of life and death, or give me some other action?  And I could use an answer from Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt), but technically could proceed without.  (Likewise some word from Sir Lootington (TankKit).)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

just stand guard and wait for the others to finish, then push the wheelbarrow to the nearest unexplored tunnel.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

I can run with that.

And, in the interest of getting actual sleep, I'll see about an update tomorrow.  Those other questions for players (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt, TankKit) remain if they have a moment.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He he he . . . would you like to taste the mushrooms at this time, or wait until they've soaked in the alcohol?  It's evening, so there will be some natural time for it to sit overnight once the group leaves the area.
I will wait for it to ferment somewhat, and hopefully bribe someone else to taste it.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Previous -- Next

Eager to take advantage of recent events, Frank pulls out the soulshine lantern even as the creature dragging Sir Lootington's body is a short distance away.  You lift the small shutter that covers the candle at its base, only to find there is no candle.  The space couldn't even fit one.  Instead, you catch the briefest glimpse of a roiling cloud at the heart of the lantern before it fades.

Unsure what to do, you strike sparks into the lantern.  Nothing catches flame.

Spoiler: Sudden insight! (click to show/hide)

Above you, the wall tiger finishes carrying its meal out of sight.  Perhaps you missed your chance with a missing body?  And Helmacon is long-dead, so that doesn't look like it's working either.  Huh.

Well, John is on loot-organizing duty and seems to be having a better time of it.  No other mushrooms look like the bulbous three-chambered thing that caused you problems.  You toss the new iron sword and lantern into your wheelbarrow, check the old corpse, and find as follows:

You find ruined remnants of other items: tiny shreds of leather, suggesting the creature chewed on leather goods for their mild nutritive value.  There are also some cracked turkey thigh bones . . . oh, right, that's what the splitter wands had been.  Again, creature-chewed to ruin, like a dog going after marrow.

Durenadal, for a refreshing change of pace, enjoys a few moments picking mushrooms out of the corpse of his former fellow exile.

Spoiler: Crafting I guess? (click to show/hide)

It's safe to say you don't care about things like "blood" and "rot," but what about shale dust?  Sadly, you make a mess of most of your materials, but at least you get a little clean paste into a waterskin with some water and ale.  Hopefully it's best used as a flavoring in all the alcohol instead of, like, a stew or something.  You'll find out tomorrow!

Overseer, having witnessed death recently, does not contribute to the gruesome and/our ghoulish.  Dustan just gets to pushing the wheelbarrow.

A little searching about does not reveal anything else new, including down all nearby tunnels.  You locate the long entrance/exit you'd taken two days ago when you arrived here.  It, too, looks the same: but if you take it today, will you arrive in the same place?

. . . If you're wondering, the magenta-ish star shape is supposed to be the remnants of your campfire from the last time you were here.

Speaking of which, there was a motion to leave the area, and if you do so then you will rest overnight again.  You don't have any fresh meat to eat (for once!), but you bought up plenty of travel food, so I'll just go with that and assume you burn glowstone.  Lemme know if you're ready to travel on.

Sir Lootington (TankKit): I could still use your answer on whether you want your lockbox contents to wait for your vengeful return, or be appropriated by the rest of the team.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

leave the area pushing a wheelbarrow, even if the others choose to stay I want to be away from the tiger.

Burn my coke for fire, it is worthless heavy and bought it for this purpose.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Frank follows, heading down the path to leave the area.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Follow everyone else.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

(I detect a trend.  Back tomorrow!)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Oh, another question:

Follow everyone else.

Assuming we get a consensus to leave (I'm pretty sure we will), and therefore we go overnight, do you want to "encourage" anyone to sample your new beverage first thing in the morning?  You understand that people could also be distracted by the next area's map, so I hope to know if this beverage interaction happens before anything else.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, another question:

Follow everyone else.

Assuming we get a consensus to leave (I'm pretty sure we will), and therefore we go overnight, do you want to "encourage" anyone to sample your new beverage first thing in the morning?  You understand that people could also be distracted by the next area's map, so I hope to know if this beverage interaction happens before anything else.

Yes, unless the situation is immediately perilous and having a paralyzed member of our group would be dangerous.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Oh, another question:

Follow everyone else.

Yes, unless the situation is immediately perilous and having a paralyzed member of our group would be dangerous.

He he he . . . okay, everyone!  Durenadal offers you a drink that you may or may not have seen him prepare!  What do you do?

(I'll also need acknowledgement from Overseer before going out of this area.  I presume Dustan is fine with it since the last post talked about heading for a tunnel anyway.)

Edit: Oops!  I see FallacyofUrist's signature line.  So I'll just wait to see if anyone takes up the offer for a drink.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Frank will drink it spontaneously.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

(Pfft!  Well, I'll be back when I've got everything ready . . . )
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 173