Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218646 times)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 8 - Not Alone
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2017, 10:32:35 am »

Previous -- Next

(I know this won't seem like a terribly exciting update, but it sure is exciting for me: the first time you spent 10 rounds on a game scene!  Woo, double-digits for the update!  Which goes like this . . . )

Time is of the essence!  Or was that looting?

Seems to be some variation of opinion, but things still get done.  There's Dustan, reshuffling and loading up a wheelbarrow with what Frank left behind.  John prioritizes ugly mug loot, and guides that loaded SALT wheelbarrow.  The group is nearly out of hands.  Durenadal just grabs some convenient loot from the bodies, notably of weaponry and alcohol.  Then it's off to the entry to this section of caverns.

There you find Overseer still pacing.  A single tear glistens on his cheek, like the spirit of harmonious society vanquished.

Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt) and Overseer (FallacyofUrist): neither of you is currently pushing a wheelbarrow.  I'm sure one of you will grab the remaining one owned by your group.  But you can see John (ziizo) pushing one of the new ones with the big word SALT on every surface, and there's a second one of those.  Will either of you retrieve the second salt-barrow?

Now here's the deal:

I'm about to be away for yet another while.  We're approaching a good point for a pause since you look like you're leaving the area.  After that pause, I'd like to bring in the next batch of players: that's Larry (Shadowclaw777), Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir), Lazarus (ufo), and Dwain (Starver).  (Starver: as you can see, I decided on tan for your color.  I hope that's alright.)  Can't do it in the other order because then I'd go out for a break right after bringing you in, see?

So what say we just let this week sit and get confirmation that all four of those people are still reading?  Oh, and get confirmation from the existing four that you are leaving the area.  Good?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:36:04 am by Sir Knight »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2017, 10:48:30 am »

I can confirm I can play

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2017, 11:29:19 am »

I will take a wheelbarrow and leave with everyone else
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:42 am »

Yes leaving the area and trying to force everyone to push one wheelbarrow we are exact number.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:59 pm »

Overseer refuses to take goods gained by murder. He's sane, unlike the others.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 23, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

Overseer refuses to take goods gained by murder. He's sane, unlike the others.

The Salt Wheelbarrows were stolen so we are just taking them to their real owners. (for a reward of course)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 23, 2017, 04:54:29 pm »

"Stolen? When did we learn that?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2017, 05:12:56 pm »

"Stolen? When did we learn that?"

"Learned it while hauling stuff yesterday . Didn't I told you guys once we let rock bottom? The noble thing must have distracted me more than I thought"

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »

(Confirming that I'm Ok to start. Soon as I see my becoming involved. Why tan? 'Cos I'm without sin? ;) Should be easy to remember!)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2017, 05:40:20 pm »

"Okay... I guess? I still don't like that you killed them."

Overseer will push a wheelbarrow of salt after all.
Generic Arms Race.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:25 pm »

(Starver: glad to amuse.  Also, I wasn't sure if it would be too faint a color for text; check how it looks as a glow or a shadow to see if you like that better.  I can handle it anyway.)

So I'm about to be out.  In the next few days, if I could get confirmation from Larry (Shadowclaw777) and Lazarus (ufo), that would be awesome.  Shadowclaw777 was the very first player to lose a character and so might have wandered off in the interim.  And if Dustan (Dustan Hache) has anything to add other than just leaving the area, now's the chance for confirmation.  Or, well, any time in the next week, since I'll have to get my head back into the game at the end.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 26, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »

This has been a great read so far! If no one claims the waitlist spot, perhaps I could join?

Name: Hagrid
Icon color: cyan
What you did before coming down here: Monster tamer
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 31, 2017, 12:28:30 pm »

I'm back!

And welcome, heydude6!  I've plopped you at the end of the waitlist.  There'd have to be a number of no-shows to get to you right now . . . but, honest, I'm trying to kill players as quickly as I can.  That should help.

(I note a lot of people like blueish colors.  Fortunately, I think I can use a super-bright cyan and make it work on the maps.)

So I'm going to send private messages to Larry (Shadowclaw777) and Lazarus (ufo) just in case.  If neither shows up, we could be in the situation of inviting Sir Looty (TankKit) back in right after killing him.  That could wind up hilarious.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 31, 2017, 07:44:34 pm »

Top kek if he gets back in like that. Guess I'll have to kill/get him killed again.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 31, 2017, 11:51:43 pm »

Heh heh heh heh...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 173