Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218823 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 8 - Twisty Little Passages
« Reply #840 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »

Sir knight, it is possible to plan for bay12 gamers, but not as a whole and not in the way you would think for some of them. For instance, I tend to be semi-rational and slightly selfish, eliminating threats as nessesary to protect my health and/or standing.

If you looked at my past, my focus is defensive most of the time, with aggressive actions either having undertones of revenge or large amounts of gain if successful.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 15, 2017, 07:12:19 am »

Grab a bug bat bird carcass and get closer to the ant-lemming offering it as proof of friendship
"Please don't kill me, please don't kill, please don't kill me. I just want to copy that carving Hello I brought food! I hope you didn't hear all that"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:14:28 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 15, 2017, 10:16:04 am »

Continue exploring north

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 15, 2017, 10:22:51 am »

Contemplate the possibility of brewing Healthstone into some alcoholic drink.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 15, 2017, 10:36:26 am »

Continue exploring north
/whispers "I have your back, brother"
Intrigued by someone else as inquisitive, keep Alyssa in sight, so long as I'm not neglecting my studious examination of cracks, rocks and of course any other signs of life and/or death, including glances back at what I can see of the main group.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:18 am »

sorry for being so late
Keeps on meditating
This is so fucking boring,can we do something else?
Shut up,this is my body not yours
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 19, 2017, 01:14:44 am »

see if I can pick loose some of the healthstone. They seem to have been chipping away at it somewhat, so it might be possible to get a small lump or two.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:29 pm »

(I'm back!  And I'm tired.  Which is a pity, because I think this update will be pretty quick to complete.  I'll see about that for tomorrow!)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2017, 05:50:47 pm »

Previous -- Next

This update took more time than expected; so many different actions . . .

A new group of people means new priorities.  Seeing Ragnarok meditate in (near-) calmness, Overseer engages with the first non-violent behavior he's seen in days.  You're, uh, slightly put off by fresh bloodstains on his tunic.  But he's meditating, so that's sane, right?

It's a shame this pit is so far removed from the world of the gods Overseer used to know.  You get well enough calm, but . . . enlightenment?  The doors of understanding opening before you?  Dunno, maybe somebody opened a window of understanding three stories up and neglected to leave you a ladder.

Ragnarok, for his part, is so "focused" that he's snoring.

John sees none of this, trying to draw attention to a sacrificial bug bat bird carcass so he can get by the ant lemmings in peace.

You trip over yourself and splat the carcass right down on the ground.  If this can't get their attention, you don't know what could!  Though . . . it doesn't get their attention now because the last of the ant lemmings has carted off the healthstone into the cracks in the walls.

This imposes on Durenadal's plans to brew healthstone into alcohol.  But he thinks about it intently . . .

Maybe!  Maybe you can brew it!  There's just the weird fact that this stuff grows like a mineral, sitting still for who-knows-how-long without rotting.  You have to assume that something in it decays eventually; you couldn't digest it otherwise, right?  And it would be best to taste-test some, or ask others on the team about the sugar content, or . . . oh, wait, is it magic?  If it's magic, all bets are off.  Guh.

Dustan is also interested in healthstone and steps past John to inspect the wall.  The shale here is riddled with holes, hardly a speck of salvageable mineral to be found.  These holes are pretty deep; you think you see the familiar brown beyond arm's reach inside the wall.

Alyssa Alpine and Dwain, meanwhile, are tempting fate on their own, going beyond the limit of lantern light.

Alyssa keeps one hand on the northeast wall, finding that it curves in and then opens to some dark northerly passage.  Dwain, not wanting to lose track of a traveling companion, hurries up a little and helpfully locates the western wall of this passage.

By abrading his face against it.  Helpfully!

If it isn't obvious, the two characters going north have not encountered any new sounds, smells, or really-hard-to-see indications of other life.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:57:58 am by Sir Knight »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 20, 2017, 05:55:13 pm »

Climb the tower that leads to the window of understanding.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 20, 2017, 05:59:25 pm »

( . . . I suppose I deserved that for using metaphor.  But I'll run with it!)

I should mention I revised the paragraph for Durenadal's brewing-related insight.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:01:46 pm by Sir Knight »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 20, 2017, 06:31:58 pm »

Use the graphite and a part of the parchment to copy the carving like last time.
Then damage the carving.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 20, 2017, 08:31:27 pm »

(Aw, shucks, I was going to first go round the initial pillar, then the next pillar (that seems like it doesn't exist, it's solid wall) to start to discover this sort of thing for myself. Ah well, seems I'm on a different path.)

Ouch, too dark. Head back along the west wall a bit to investigate the geology back in the light, a bit. Specifically, what was dug out? Discover for myself what minerals are (or were) visible in the walls. What's with that crack to nowhere?

Nobody's yet shown/told me what's important there, so gotta try to discover it for myself. Maybe try prying samples loose with the pick tines. Not mining, just seeing if any of the rock teases apart. Oh, and still edgy about threats from the dark, so overwatch on any and all shadows.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 20, 2017, 08:59:40 pm »

Keep investigating.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:10 pm »

You last two folks, the ones off in the darkness: do you re-light your lanterns at any point?

(You'll notice I have no qualms whatsoever about sending characters to bang their cranium on stuff . . . but really, I want to be sure I understand you.  Sorry about putting you in the wrong spot on the chess board, Starver.)

(Back tomorrow!)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 173