Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 218803 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 8 - Twisty Little Passages
« Reply #885 on: June 27, 2017, 09:35:06 am »

Ragnarok bandages himself enough to not die from the next strike
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 27, 2017, 11:31:50 am »

Still oblivious to the screaming and other fuss? How does the sound travel, or not?

If I've no clue, there's that crack, close to the north. What's that about, then? (And take the lantern with me, of course, bearing in mind that I'm alone and still wary.) Work my way to the right, once satisfied, and just follow the wall.

Otherwise there's a fray to join, head back to where the action is. I would actually be more prepared to encounter more PvP action, or its aftermath, so stand off until/unless I get drawn in, or somebody asks convincingly.

((We are a disorganised rabble, aren't we? Still not sure what I've (as character) got myself into.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »

Run towards Overseer and ask for the packaged vitality. If you survive this you will pay it back later.
"First of all, how do you know I have packaged vitality? Secondly, how can I know you'll pay it back later? Thirdly, I would rather keep this for myself for an emergency..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 27, 2017, 01:12:34 pm »

"Trade secret"  John answers and hides behind a wheelbarrow prepared to defend himself from the ant-lemmings

(OOC: To be honest I tough you bought it. I forgot it was a gift and thus my character didn't had a IC way to know about it)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 28, 2017, 01:49:11 pm »

Ragnarok bandages himself enough to not die from the next strike

I intended natural healing to be something that happens outside of combat; there's no real passage of time to allow bloodflow to stop and all that otherwise.  (Of course, by that same measure, it's then unrealistic to expect bandages to do any good if used an hour after the fact.  But I do what I can with my gaming abstractions.)

If you'd like, I could still give you a "done in haste" sort of roll and see what happens.  Just warning you that I have a mechanism in place where you can hurt yourself with a bad healing job.

Still oblivious to the screaming and other fuss? How does the sound travel, or not?

I would say that at this distance you should be able to hear John's "*INCOHERENT SCREAMS OF PANIC*."  There's solid rock between you and the noisemakers, but this at least would carry, and probably some general clatter from a fight.

I would rather keep this for myself for an emergency...

(I like how you measure emergencies.)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 28, 2017, 01:59:03 pm »

Nevermind that then
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 28, 2017, 02:03:45 pm »

Ah, well if so, then what else might you like to do?  Run?  Fight if needed?  Stand behind people with more HP and push them into the streaming adversaries?  (I probably don't need to give Bay 12-ers ideas . . . )

Anyway, waiting now on Dustan (Dustan Hache), Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir), and, fingers crossed, Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt).

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 28, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

Sighs Well...Her you go buddy,do your work,just dont kill us alright?
Ragnarek gets behind the closest ally and gets ready to rip an ant's head off

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 28, 2017, 02:29:33 pm »

((Of course, Overseer was too focused on his meditative experience to hear any of that. And even if he did, I don't think he would be willing to fight or give up his emergency healing potion to one of the madmen.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 28, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

if I move northward, I'm pinned. I'll have to risk another melee with the hive and move southwest to avoid them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 28, 2017, 07:49:22 pm »

Oh . . . hey John (ziizo): you still have two dead creatures physically sticking out of your shoulder by their pincers.  And Ragnarok (PaPaj) and Overseer (FallacyofUrist): you can see this fact.  It just occurred to me that you three might have reactions to this in-character.

And a clarification just in case it's forgotten: the instructions on the "packaged vitality" say that anyone who breathes the vapor gets to heal, so it's intended to help out a group.

And with that, only two more people's actions needed.

In related news: I am going to assume that if people are attacked directly, then they will strike back with whatever is in their hand, just as basic self-preservation instinct.  That includes our potentially-absent friend in orange.  I say this because circumstances of any attacks will depend on some success rolls and chance, and I don't want anyone to get angry at me because you were hoping to avoid violence.

(Personally, I hope that all these weird critters and stuff provide interesting challenges.  And violence.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 28, 2017, 09:02:50 pm »

"Why are there weird ant things in your arms?"
Generic Arms Race.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 28, 2017, 09:35:05 pm »

. . . That counts.

Back tomorrow!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 29, 2017, 05:07:59 am »

"Why are there weird ant things in your arms?"
Just point behind towards the horde of ant-lemming and go back to put a wheelbarrow between you and them
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 29, 2017, 09:33:38 pm »

Tum te tum, waiting on Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir) and Durenadal (HugeNerdAndProudOfIt).  Back tomorrow, again!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 173