Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 217847 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2017, 04:15:21 pm »

find as many small rocks as I can, and pelt them at the flapping things.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »

Previous -- Next

Spoiler: Bookkeeping (click to show/hide)

Now, does Lazlowe (Shadowclaw777) move faster than the nasty little things do?

You'll go first, but the things still attack you, so I'll give you a proper combat round.  Then you all catch up to Dustan (Dustan Hache) coming the other way.  Then, on the next combat round, everybody joins together.

Spoiler: Grand melee (click to show/hide)

That was interesting . . .

Lazlowe turns straight around and charges whence he came, swinging his pick at the menacing creatures to keep them away.  Unfortunately, he runs straight into his old nemesis, walls, ricochetting off one of them with minor injuries.  This act seems to confuse the flock, and five of them on an attack run start flying off in the wrong direction.

Worse, Lazlowe runs straight into his new nemesis, Dustan's aim.  Throwing rocks into the cloud, Dustan swings a nasty one straight into Lazlowe's face.

Lazlowe has been struck down!

Bug bat bird things start chomping on Dustan.  Amazingly, confusion continues, as some among the flock impale themselves on the mining pick in his hand while trying to get at him!

I'll just roll for combat order and hope you do better this next round . . .

Oh, look, the flock goes first.

Spoiler: Grander melee (click to show/hide)

All survivors gather together in the cloud, swinging wildly.  The bug bat birds deal great damage to Frank, but flutter ineffectually at John, while another handful are responsible for their own death as they are trampled underfoot.  Frank's retaliation is total: he sweeps creatures out of the air, leaving only the small flock that had mistakenly broken away earlier.  John leaps to take care of the latter before it can do more damage, and he smashes the bizarre creatures against a wall, damaging his fists repeatedly in his eagerness.

Bug bat bird has been struck down! x20

Well.  That there was some death.

You might have reactions.  Note: if you grow a sense of responsibility, be advised there is no soil for burial.  See inventory in the first post to loot valuable items off of the corpse.

Shadowclaw777, want to go back on the waitlist?  I won't let anyone from the list into the game just yet; I need players to live to the end of this opening scene or die trying first.

Surviving players: you have reduced health, reduced carrying capacity, and no source of water.  And I, the GM, will just sit back and see if you can follow my hints to get out of this mess.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:07:29 am by Sir Knight »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:39 pm »

((Can't even survive 2 days in this place lol. I'd. imagine my corpse is just going to be free food for the survivors. Going in the waitlist than!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2017, 10:18:52 pm »

Frank, like the opportune vulture he is, takes Lazlowe's Waterskin, as well as his bandages, tunic, and blanket. He then takes two rust-colored stones out of the wheelbarrow, and places Lazlowe's backpack inside of it, along with everything else that was in the backpack.

With the looting out of the way, Frank carefully applies Lazlowe's bandages to his own wounds. He won't need em.

Frank did feel a little bad for Lazlowe's passing; he couldn't help but feel that this was his fault.

Was it?

Naaah.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2017, 11:29:08 pm »

Okay, I have all of that recorded for when I update things tomorrow.  Shadowclaw777: thanks for your interest!  Coolrune206: other than looting, what do you do?  You've got to get out of here sometime.

Anyone else who wants to loot: still unaccounted for are Lazlowe's pick, lantern (with no candles), and miner's helmet, and there is one opalescent rock and two rusty rocks lying on the ground.  Dustan's got room to spare, and surely whoever did that mining over in the far wall could want such goodies.

Oh, and there's tons of those ugly bug bat bird corpses.  Maybe you could string them up for genre-jumping Halloween.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:13 am »

...Does Lazlow's death mean I'll get to replace him?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2017, 05:28:35 am »

"good bye Lazlowe you will be remembered... probably"

check the cracks in the wall for sound of water then mine coal
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:19 am »

Coolrune206: other than looting, what do you do?  You've got to get out of here sometime.
((Yeah. I'm bandaging my wounds, unless that doesn't count as a full action.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2017, 10:06:09 am »

...Does Lazlow's death mean I'll get to replace him?

Yes, but I have a specific point where I'll bring new wishlist people in.  Like I said, I need players to live to the end of this opening scene or die trying first.  And then I'll bring four people in at once.

Coolrune206: yep, bandages acknowledged.  Meanwhile, ziizo has gone back to mining, and you know how hard it is to get consensus.  Care to mine something or argue that the group should pursue a different goal?

And waiting on Dustan again.  Judging by time of day, it's probably classes, which is fine by me: my goal was to update once or twice a day.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2017, 10:17:46 am »

"We should keep moving. He's going to start rotting..."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2017, 10:21:16 am »

(Try work. Like as in, holding a job.)
cursing his luck, he starts treating his own wounds, then those of the people who remained. How was he supposed to know that Larry or whatever his name was would run into his throw? Speaking of him, loot his pack off him and carry it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2017, 10:40:44 am »

(Ahh, work.  I'm doing stuff from home right now, so I can check more easily; or be rendered unavailable by laundry and such, depending.)

Right, so I'll give you the rest of "L . . ."'s loot.  Now, leave the area or start mining?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »

I would say cook, eat, and rest as my vote. We do have some coal to light a fire with and cook, right?

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2017, 02:31:18 pm »

I would say cook, eat, and rest as my vote. We do have some coal to light a fire with and cook, right?

You're only obliged to eat and rest overnight.  Yes, plenty of coal, especially since John (ziizo) intends to mine some more.  If you felt like joining him in mining, then resting, that would be a 2/3 majority.

Finally!  A majority vote!

If so, pick some mineral on the map you'd like to mine.  Likewise, Frank (Coolrune206), you'll be outvoted: pick something to mine and conform stick with the team.

Edit: You can see the full map more clearly in the previous update.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:50:08 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2017, 02:56:01 pm »

Frank mines the Purplish rock at the end of the tunnel that was already mined out by a previous traveler.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 173