Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 63210 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 11:04:31 pm »

:o How are you not dead? You're facing a fault in leather?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »

OKAY.

A big center room looking thing is blocked off from me by slate bars and a slate mechanism. A lever I just pulled nearby seems to have done... nothing, so I'm guessing the lever I'm looking for is the one at the very beginning of the vault.

My character is mangled SO BADLY, can't use their legs, and only has one working hand. I also had my ears bitten off, and my entire group of companions slaughtered. Behind the bars I can see little ! marks, meaning more Slayers are probably behind it. The scariest part is though, something called a 'Ruination of Dreams' is talking to assistants and slayers, saying stuff like 'it was inevitable'.

Is the ruination of dreams the deity that created the angels? Am I going to have to fight a god?
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 11:12:55 pm »

:o How are you not dead? You're facing a fault in leather?
is that hard? I knew I was probably underequipped, but my elf can't fit into any of the armor I can find.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 11:19:21 pm »

As I suspected, the lever at the entrance of the vault is the one that unlocks the slate bars. That means I closed the bars in the first place by flipping the lever.

I'm entering the center chamber in pretty awful condition.

Yes, you read that right. My right eye is FRACTURED somehow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 11:20:48 pm »

You'd probably do a lot better with proper equipment. Make a fortress, produce some stuff there since elves and humans wear the same sized equipment, then you can probably take it on easier... You're doing remarkably well with such poor armour.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 11:23:21 pm »

If I recall correctly vault denizens are level 4, level 6, and the archangel is a level 11 weaponmaster. You don't need armor unless you're using auto-attack. You just need to have a shield user/dodger stat higher than the attack level of your opponent. So if you want to clear the vault, it'd be good to have a lvl12-13 dodger & shield.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »

You'd probably do a lot better with proper equipment. Make a fortress, produce some stuff there since elves and humans wear the same sized equipment, then you can probably take it on easier... You're doing remarkably well with such poor armour.
IF ONLY I KNEW HOW TO PLAY FORTRESS MODE.

I've only been playing for a couple of days. Fortress Mode is too confusing for me right now.

If I recall correctly vault denizens are level 4, level 6, and the archangel is a level 11 weaponmaster. You don't need armor unless you're using auto-attack. You just need to have a shield user/dodger stat higher than the attack level of your opponent. So if you want to clear the vault, it'd be good to have a lvl12-13 dodger & shield.
Mostly I've been relying on my Parry action from being a proficient (now legendary) axeman. My shield had been helping at first... til one of my arms were torn to shreds.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »

The center chamber area is a maze of Z-level ramps and staircases that lead to nowhere. Still no sign of the deity, but here's a screenshot of one of the Slayers.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:44 pm »

On June 20th 2016, Toady added in a force translation bug fix: "Allowed strong attacks/shakes to translate some force to joints and parent parts even if blocked by armor." Sounds reasonable, but it's currently way overpowered as it has its own bug report.

You could wear the best armor in the game, have some mook kick you in your fantastic greave covered legs, and get your spine or knee joint wrecked.

So the take away is learn to play a no hit game where you block, dodge or parry whatever comes your way. Most of that is just having higher levels of stat defense.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:59:17 pm by peasant cretin »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 12:04:19 am »

An assistant.

By the way DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS THING IS TAMED? BECAUSE IT'S STILL TRYING TO GNAW ON MY PROTRUDING TOE BONE!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 12:14:08 am »

My sister's dog is tame, but if you break into her house and attack her children he will chew your face off.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 12:20:44 am »

STILL no slab or deity. All I've found in the ENORMOUS vault is a cavern entrance.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 12:31:42 am »

oh god

jesus christ

EDIT: OH GOD IT DRINKS BLOOD

EDIT2: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THIS THING MY ATTACKS JUST DENT ITS SCALES
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:35:37 am by McNoodlehead »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 01:10:41 am »

Ran from the leach monster. Too dangerous. Explored and fought my way through another route (requiring me to go back and flip THREE slate levers to disable three slate bars), and found... this.

What is this? This is definitely the slab, but it doesn't do anything. I read it, tried to advanced interact with it, threw it. Nothing. Do I have to kill the Ruination of Dreams before it activates?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 01:16:54 am »

You have your prize, now run. You'll now be able to bind a clown to yourself, making him a companion stronger than an elephant man.

It's actually kind of hilarious... You've accidentally done what tons of people get all hardcore preparing for, not even knowing what you're going for.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE SLAB WITH YOU.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8