Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 62713 times)

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 01:21:20 am »

You have your prize, now run. You'll now be able to bind a clown to yourself, making him a companion stronger than an elephant man.

It's actually kind of hilarious... You've accidentally done what tons of people get all hardcore preparing for, not even knowing what you're going for.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE SLAB WITH YOU.
what the hell so clowns are stronger than elephant men?

Where do I find one?
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 01:26:04 am »

JESUS CHRIST I'VE BEEN IN THE VAULT FOR FOUR DAYS! IT'S THE 1ST OF OPAL!
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:07 am »

You have your prize, now run. You'll now be able to bind a clown to yourself, making him a companion stronger than an elephant man.

It's actually kind of hilarious... You've accidentally done what tons of people get all hardcore preparing for, not even knowing what you're going for.

Where do I find one?

Aye, they are, though in fortress mode their power comes from numbers usually.

That'll take some searching, you'll likely have to make a copy of your save, retire, and check legends mode for the entity named on your slab, then go back to the real save and search out for that place.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 01:32:50 am »

Where do I find one?

That'll take some searching, you'll likely have to make a copy of your save, retire, and check legends mode for the entity named on your slab, then go back to the real save and search out for that place.
i

what.

I thought Dwarf Fortress was supposed to be mostly serious.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 01:34:29 am »

Where do I find one?

i

what.

Oooooh I forgot you've only been playing a few days. Uh, I suggest reading over the wiki page for vaults for full answers.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 01:36:07 am »

Where do I find one?

i

what.

Oooooh I forgot you've only been playing a few days. Uh, I suggest reading over the wiki page for vaults for full answers.
d
demons...?

Okay, a few questions. 1. THERE ARE DEMONS?! 2. I GET TO CONTROL A DEMON?! 3. THERE ARE DEMONS?! 4. Why are demons called 'clowns'?

EDIT: One more thing. How do I cure infections? Literally like all my wounds are infected, and also I still can't stand up for some reason despite healing by sleeping for a few hours.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:37:49 am by McNoodlehead »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 01:39:54 am »

Where do I find one?

i

what.

d
demons...?

Okay, a few questions. 1. THERE ARE DEMONS?! 2. I GET TO CONTROL A DEMON?! 3. THERE ARE DEMONS?! 4. Why are demons called 'clowns'?

EDIT: One more thing. How do I cure infections? Literally like all my wounds are infected, and also I still can't stand up for some reason despite healing by sleeping for a few hours.

You've likely had your spine damaged, or lost a leg, you'll need to get a crutch from a mead hall.

They're called that so we can call spoiler things without spoiling them for people who don't know about it yet, I believe you'd be fine to tell since you'll been combating angels.

Uhh... Did you sleep in the vault? That's a bad idea, sleeping in the vault revives the denizens.

Infection can only be healed by time.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:53 am »

Where do I find one?

i

what.

d
demons...?

You've likely had your spine damaged, or lost a leg, you'll need to get a crutch from a mead hall.

They're called that so we can call spoiler things without spoiling them for people who don't know about it yet, I believe you'd be fine to tell since you'll been combating angels.

Uhh... Did you sleep in the vault? That's a bad idea, sleeping in the vault revives the denizens.

It said I couldn't sleep in the vault, so I slept outside. I don't plan on going back in anyways, so it shouldn't hurt too much.

So my infections will heal if I just wait long enough?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 01:45:54 am »

Where do I find one?

i

what.

d
demons...?

It said I couldn't sleep in the vault, so I slept outside. I don't plan on going back in anyways, so it shouldn't hurt too much.

So my infections will heal if I just wait long enough?

Yep, they'll eventually go away if you have decent disease resistance and recuperation.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 01:48:01 am »

Infections might heal. Or you might die. It's a bit of a coin toss, but the odds are better if your disease resistance is good.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 01:54:05 am »

Infections might heal. Or you might die. It's a bit of a coin toss, but the odds are better if your disease resistance is good.
WHAT?!

BUT I NEVER UPGRADED MY DISEASE RESISTANCE OR RECUP! I HAVE AVERAGE

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 01:58:01 am »

WHAT?!

BUT I NEVER UPGRADED MY DISEASE RESISTANCE OR RECUP! I HAVE AVERAGE

That's fine, I always make them the lowest one so I can be stronger and more agile, and I'm still alive.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 02:01:19 am »

My spine's broken. I just read on the wikia that crutches don't work if you have a broken spine or two non-functional legs, SO APPARENTLY I'M STUCK CRAWLING.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 02:04:19 am »

My spine's broken. I just read on the wikia that crutches don't work if you have a broken spine or two non-functional legs, SO APPARENTLY I'M STUCK CRAWLING.

RIP. Ohwell, least you still have the one arm.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 02:10:42 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8