Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 63245 times)

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2017, 05:04:53 pm »

A wererhino? That's one of the best wereforms you can get! You have the best luck.
I heard from someone that you can become a weremammoth, but considering regular mammoths aren't in the game (I looked it up on the wikia), I don't think you can.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2017, 06:21:16 pm »

I heard from someone that you can become a weremammoth, but considering regular mammoths aren't in the game (I looked it up on the wikia), I don't think you can.

Weremammoths actually do exist, I've seen them. The werebeasts aren't actually based on existing animals the way animalmen are.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »

Weremammoths actually do exist, I've seen them. The werebeasts aren't actually based on existing animals the way animalmen are.
Really? So could you become a werehydra or something similar?

EDIT: Wait, a hydra is an existing animal already... Are mammoths the only animal that isn't actually in the game?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:24:18 pm by McNoodlehead »
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »

I've never seen a full list of the werebeasts, but they're all based on various real-world animals. There's a lot of different kinds, although strangely enough wolves aren't a possibility. The closest I've ever seen is werecoyotes. I'm pretty sure weremammoths are the only ones without normal counterparts.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2017, 07:18:07 pm »

That would be something I could do to cement my throne. Make a list of all possible werebeasts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2017, 08:17:51 pm »

I've seen donkeys and mules but not an actual ass, weredonkey or weremule would be fine, but instead we get to laugh every time a wereass shows up with an assdemon waifu in tow singing a song they wrote called "Asses and the Bodice of Governing" or something.

Totally set off a few weremammoth epidemics btw, it's fun and awful.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

This was as epic as it was hilarious. Definitely keep at it with this adventurer. His story thus far really is the stuff of legends. Just the part where you stumbled completely unknowingly into a vault would have been great on it's own. You not only managed to survive the experience, you strait up nabbed the slab and then dragged your busted, broken, bleeding body and divine treasure back out of the vault using your one remaining functional arm. This on it's own is am epic story for the ages. Everything else that happens with this adventurer beyond this point is gravy. Truly this adventurer will carve a name for himself that will be sung of by the bards for generations.

It's a shame the clown had already fallen, although the fact it fell to the same Roc that took out your earlier adventures is just an amazing coincidence in and of itself and just makes the story that much cooler. This Roc certainly is your true Nemesis. Gather some powerful followers and hone your skills then show the vile beast the error it made in messing with you.

Edit: You asked about candy earlier. Just in case you hadn't figured it out yet, "candy" is another one of those terms like "clown" that gets used to describe spoiler stuff. You cannot find candy as an Adventurer. It is something that can only be found in fortress mode by those who dare to delve too greedily and too deep. If you don't want to go the crazy and very round about path of building a fortress to make yourself some elf sized armor you can go look for elves that have joined other societies and loot them of their gear. At the very least you might want to consider picking up a good battle axe and shield. If you are going to be stuck without proper armor then a shield will help tremendously.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:38:43 pm by Melting Sky »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2017, 06:01:07 pm »

note to self

don't retire an adventurer in a fort after you've made them a werebeast

it doesn't end well.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2017, 06:03:19 pm »

note to self

it doesn't end well.

Noooo!  :o

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »

note to self

it doesn't end well.

Noooo!  :o
I meant for the fort. Almef was unstoppable.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2017, 06:11:14 pm »

Was? Could this be the end?
My mods and forum games.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:56 pm »

soo

three forts later and I finally figured out fort mode enough to make a set of searing armor that Almef has collected. Should I make a new thread to chronicle the revenge against the roc I'm going to kill, or just continue it from this one?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2017, 06:13:45 pm »

Continue from here.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2017, 06:44:51 pm »

Life as a wearbeast can be hard, but on the bright side assuming you survive to the next full moon you will recover from any wound no matter how grievous. So what flavor of weapon did you make with your divine metal? Did you go for the over the top great axe or the more utilitarian battle axe and shield set up?

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2017, 07:46:12 pm »

Life as a wearbeast can be hard, but on the bright side assuming you survive to the next full moon you will recover from any wound no matter how grievous. So what flavor of weapon did you make with your divine metal? Did you go for the over the top great axe or the more utilitarian battle axe and shield set up?
Great Axe is apparently 'foreign'. Dwarves can't make foreign weapons and the angelic axemen never had any actual axes on them, so I went with the battle axe and shield.

The battle axe is an artifact.  :D

EDIT: Or I would have the artifact... if it didn't disappear anytime I leave the site.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:19:48 pm by McNoodlehead »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8