Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 63181 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »

Continue from here cause this is going to the halls of legends.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:39 am »

Life as a wearbeast can be hard, but on the bright side assuming you survive to the next full moon you will recover from any wound no matter how grievous. So what flavor of weapon did you make with your divine metal? Did you go for the over the top great axe or the more utilitarian battle axe and shield set up?
Great Axe is apparently 'foreign'. Dwarves can't make foreign weapons and the angelic axemen never had any actual axes on them, so I went with the battle axe and shield.

The battle axe is an artifact.  :D

EDIT: Or I would have the artifact... if it didn't disappear anytime I leave the site.

It happened to me once with some artifact candy armour, and I dunno why. Someone suggested assigning the artifacts as my adventurer's military uniform, but by then I had just moved on from that particular world.

If the populations on a vault replenish after a while, would it be possible to "farm" a vault for divine metal and angel bones for badass sounding decorations in adv. Mode? Or is there only a finite amout of the stuff, explaining why your axeman angels had no axes?

(kobolds steal a lot of stuff in world gen. Look up the legends of the vault [not in legends viewer, for some reason it doesn't tell you the name of the cave the kobold stored his loot at.] to see it for yourself. Maybe a trip to a kobold cave would net you some more divine metal.)
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2017, 05:43:19 am »

If the populations on a vault replenish after a while
They respawn whenever the area is unloaded and reloaded, so sleeping, waiting, traveling. Which is why you don't want to sleep in one, as you can wake up to an angel wrecking your face.

The axeless angels is a bug. Edit: 7282
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:50:52 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »

I remember hearing about a vanishing artifact bug in some other thread. I can't remember if they ever found a work around. That divine metal makes incredible edged weapons. It's a shame to lose an artifact one. If worst comes to worst you may just have to settle for forging a regular ol' divine masterwork battleaxe. I assure you, that the weapon will still be epic in every sense of the word.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:56:53 pm by Melting Sky »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 05:25:41 pm »

I remember hearing about a vanishing artifact bug in some other thread. I can't remember if they ever found a work around. That divine metal makes incredible edged weapons. It's a shame to lose an artifact one. If worst comes to worst you may just have to settle for forging a regular ol' divine masterwork battleaxe. I assure you, that the weapon will still be epic in every sense of the word.
:'(
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2017, 07:05:05 pm »

Bug 1179

Sound like there's chance it has to do with being in something.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2017, 10:40:19 am »

:o Holy Shit... you did what everyone considers the hardest thing one can even dream of accomplishing... and you did it with leather armor...

Just damn, and congrats this thread reached 10 votes and is officially a part of the HoL.

And I think we will have to create a new Adventurer category... this is the first Adventurer story in the HoL... everything you're doing is legendary XD

Okay, just checked, the Fluffy Wambler vs. Bronze Collosus thing was first, but you're still second, so yeah

Edit: also, you can rename the thread to match the new theme. i.e. Vaults: A noob's Tale
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:48:16 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 10:52:18 am »

I think he should keep the original name. Vaults? is a lot more understated and shows off how unexpected this was.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2017, 03:54:07 pm »

Vanod was also adventurer!

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2017, 03:22:56 pm »

Sorry about the lack of updates. Been busy. I'll probably have time to post something before the week's over.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

g2knee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2017, 02:55:52 pm »

An artifact made of mythical metal?  Amazing, dude.

To save your artifact (or other equipment) for an adventurer, make a room blocked by a drawbridge that acts as a "door."  Link it to a lever nearby and seal it in.  Then, come by with your adventurer, pull the lever, and get your item(s).

When you seal it up this way, it should stay put and not move around or disappear after retiring the fort.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »

An artifact made of mythical metal?  Amazing, dude.

To save your artifact (or other equipment) for an adventurer, make a room blocked by a drawbridge that acts as a "door."  Link it to a lever nearby and seal it in.  Then, come by with your adventurer, pull the lever, and get your item(s).

When you seal it up this way, it should stay put and not move around or disappear after retiring the fort.

Like, dump the artifacts in there?

I think that's the one thing I didn't try when I my artifacts kept returning to the workshops I took them from...
Huh, looks like I'll try running a fort again.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:24 pm »

This is like a reverse version of Alien.
Instead of the futuristic fiction, you're in medieval fantasy.
Instead of a spaceship, you're on/in the ground.
Instead of an unkillable creature of horrors prowling the halls to kill average mortals, the mortal is prowling the halls killing creatures of horrors.

Well, now you're an unkillable creature of horror too, RE:wererhino.

Oh, and:
Instead of a survival horror story, it sounds more like slapstick comedy.

Props and cheers, old chap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:10:04 pm by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2017, 02:32:24 pm »

God-damn

Things like this that makes me tell about this game to everyone.

Long live to Almef the lucky.

(Does she have a title of its own in the game?)

You should/could ask the whererhinos to join you

Give them proper weapons/stuff and raid whatever you want to raid just some hours before the night of transformation.

See them getting near death and bleeding and inspire fear when they transform in huge wererhinos and go back the angels/roc.

If you wanna give candy to them maybe you would like to create in fortress mode a kind of "locked house" where you can put you and your companions in quarantine till you have everything you need.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2017, 12:21:07 am »

Nice sig Omata XD
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8