Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 63177 times)

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vaults?
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:48:56 pm »

Hey so while on my adventure, I came across something called a 'vault'. It's a giant slate tower that goes down maybe four or five Z levels with no entrance from what I can see. What exactly is it, and how do I get in?

EDIT: wtf

I found an entrance on another side of the tower and...

it's full of things called Slayers of Rurast and they're all scaly gophers.

EDIT 2: I killed one and it doesn't have any weapons, despite being called an axeman. All it has is 'wispy cloth' and 'searing metal', both of which are too large for my elf.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:33:47 pm by McNoodlehead »
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:24:30 pm »

The things you killed were angels

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:42:55 pm »

Send me ur world bro - i never find vaults! Also, if you can find a slab, it can provide loads of FUN. And keep the searing metal, if you can carry it - you can make very high end weapons with it, better than steel but worse than adamantium.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »

oh god

they're so much stronger than I thought.

I started as a Professional axewoman and now I'm High-Master.

one of my companions bled to death after getting all his fingers bitten off and then his teeth punched out, and my other companion is currently unconscious in a pool of his own vomit.

Send me ur world bro - i never find vaults! Also, if you can find a slab, it can provide loads of FUN. And keep the searing metal, if you can carry it - you can make very high end weapons with it, better than steel but worse than adamantium.
BUT I'M TOO SMALL TO USE ANY OF IT.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »

oh god

they're so much stronger than I thought.

I started as a Professional axewoman and now I'm High-Master.

one of my companions bled to death after getting all his fingers bitten off and then his teeth punched out, and my other companion is currently unconscious in a pool of his own vomit.

BUT I'M TOO SMALL TO USE ANY OF IT.
Does it melt? Then drop it off at a player fortress and make some awesome elf sized weaponry.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »

thats what i was thinkin. You can have a searing metal weapon of your choice, and be a total badass.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:49:34 pm »

I'm starting to think vaults are for much more experienced adventurers...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »

I'm starting to think vaults are for much more experienced adventurers...
Well, they are angels with equipment made by their god. Even a highly skilled demi-god with candy equipment has to be careful fighting them.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »

Only real way to beat them is a group decked out in candy wielding artifacts, or be sheer godly past the point of demigod. Or be an elephant man. But the reward is worthit, if the metal sounds cool. Once you kill them all, you can carry all the metal and weapons to a spot on the map, embark there, and have some of the coolest weapons in the game right off the bat, though you should probably just store it till he's legendary+15.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 09:18:34 pm »

Only real way to beat them is a group decked out in candy wielding artifacts, or be sheer godly past the point of demigod. Or be an elephant man. But the reward is worthit, if the metal sounds cool. Once you kill them all, you can carry all the metal and weapons to a spot on the map, embark there, and have some of the coolest weapons in the game right off the bat, though you should probably just store it till he's legendary+15.
I've killed six so far and snuck past the rest. They have awful detection.

Still no 'slab'. Found some levers though.

EDIT: Make that 14. I'm now freakin' LEGENDARY in my axeman skill! These things take insanely long to die. So far I've been surviving by stealth decapitating these 'assistant' guys, and severing arteries on the Slayers and waiting til they bleed out.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:34:24 pm by McNoodlehead »

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 10:43:21 pm »

YOU CAN GET YOUR SKILLS BEYOND LEGENDARY?!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »

Oui, there's baseline legendary, then you can keep improving until you're legendary+15, which makes legendary... Look almost the same, but the ratio between masterwork and exceptional leans much more towards masterwork.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 10:51:55 pm »

Oui, there's baseline legendary, then you can keep improving until you're legendary+15, which makes legendary... Look almost the same, but the ratio between masterwork and exceptional leans much more towards masterwork.
oh

I meant for adventurer skills.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »

oh

Aye, you still can, doesn't change.

If I'm remembering right, angels are all masters, so a legendary+15 adventurer decked out in candy should be able to hold his own, especially with steel-armed backup.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 10:58:03 pm »

oh

Aye, you still can, doesn't change.

If I'm remembering right, angels are all masters, so a legendary+15 adventurer decked out in candy should be able to hold his own, especially with steel-armed backup.
I still don't know what candy is.

I've been using goose leather.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8