Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

My adventurer has collected a set of armor, turned into a werebeast and healed her wounds, and is now ready for revenge. Should I...

create a new thread to chronicle her slaughterings?
post her adventures here, even though it doesn't quite relate to a vault anymore?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Vaults?  (Read 63042 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 02:11:46 am »

Well, time to kill that roc I guess.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:10 am »

Well, time to kill that roc I guess.

I have no working legs

I have one working arm

Every layer of fat on my body is infected

My only armor is goose leather and reed cloth, most of which has been torn to shreds

And my weapon is a silver great axe I stole from Threbe the Elven Bandit Warlord.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL A ROC WHO, BY THE WAY, SLAUGHTERED THREE OF MY OTHER DEMIGOD ADVENTURERS, WITH ALL THESE PENALTIES?!

fml
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 02:18:12 am »

Well... You won, guess it's time to either gen a new adventurer, or new world, or learn fort mode.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 02:23:24 am »

OH NO LOL
well, at least now you know how vaults work. Don't worry, first time I ever went into one, it wasn't even generated properly so I couldn't reach the tab, there was a wall in the way lmao.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 02:24:16 am »

Well... You won, guess it's time to either gen a new adventurer, or new world, or learn fort mode.
Killing the Ruination of Dreams would be a victory. I didn't win, I just survived.

I... there's another vault, according to Legends. The demon? It's still alive. If I can somehow find it, if I can somehow beat it, I can subjugate hell itself.

A quick google search tells me there's almost no way to regenerate limbs. No way except becoming a werewolf, that is. HAHAHA...
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2017, 02:35:52 am »

Time to find a temple....

Protip: SAVE BEFORE YOU TOPPLE THE STATUE IN CASE ITS NOT THE CURSE YOU WANT

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2017, 02:38:13 am »

Time to find a temple....

Protip: SAVE BEFORE YOU TOPPLE THE STATUE IN CASE ITS NOT THE CURSE YOU WANT
Wait, you can reload previous saves? I thought saving is only when you want to stop playing for a bit, but don't want to retire your adventurer or aren't able to retire your adventurer.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2017, 02:39:17 am »

If you have DFHack, you can type "die" into the command prompt to shut down Dwarf Fortress without saving

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 02:39:53 am »

If you have DFHack, you can type "die" into the command prompt to shut down Dwarf Fortress without saving
oh

that sounds like cheating.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2017, 02:49:46 am »

Maybe.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2017, 08:50:20 am »

That's not bad going for your first vault, really good in fact, especially for an unarmoured elf wielding a silver great axe. Congrats.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:45 am »

What you could do is retire in a location with the slab, create a new adventurer go find the place where you retired, kill your old self and get the slab.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »

What you could do is retire in a location with the slab, create a new adventurer go find the place where you retired, kill your old self and get the slab.
But, but, but it took so long for my adventurer to get Legendary axeman status!  :(

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2017, 04:31:29 pm »

But, but, but it took so long for my adventurer to get Legendary axeman status!  :(
Losing is Fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2017, 06:28:22 pm »

Losing is Fun!
and now it's personal!

you could ... boot up task manager(if you have windows, dont know the other os ways to super kill a program ) and close the process that way to save scum (if you feel like downloading dfhack and setting up is too much for... using the die command.) or not and just live with being what ever night creature you eventually turn into. though you will become the thing that folks fear and mostly hate.
you could even with retiring just put the slab in a box in a camp and retire there for a future adventurer to use.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8