Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Enjoying this?

Yes!!!
- 1 (7.1%)
Mediocre
- 2 (14.3%)
You could change some stuff to make it more enjoyable (you can say in the comments what).
- 0 (0%)
No, my eyes burn from reading your first post!
- 2 (14.3%)
NEED PICTURES!!!
- 3 (21.4%)
Cheese.
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles  (Read 12614 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:11:16 am »

Welcome to Armordipped, it's a combination of many extreme challenges created by you and me to create one mega, dorfy, !!FUN!! fort.
You are allowed to think of challenges and Megaprojects as long as they don't intervene with the existing challenges or/and make the game unployable. You may also change the existing challenges in appropriate situations.

Spoiler: Megaprojects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:11:50 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:07 am »

Prologue:
Since the first day wars were fought and the goblins are moving more and more south with every battle won. Their spies are spread across the civilizations, rulers are dying like flies, meanwhile the goblins are growing stronger. We are the only civilization trying to stop them while the elves are hiding on their island and the humans are hiding in their cities in the south, but it won't work. Sooner or later if we fall the continent will perish before their might. I Snow and my seven comrades agree to rise a fortress that could distract the goblins while the mountainhome gets ready for a final assault.
*Signed by seven people*

Snow's journal:
Spring 250
Well, actually that's not how it truly happened folks, it was more like: king invite seven very skilled dwarfs over for dinner, we (drunk) sign a piece of paper, than the next day we either hang for breaking an agreement with the king or we do what we are supposed to. So we get into the wagon, continue on our journey, but there is a fucking twist - we've been put into the wrong wagon. This one was supposed to take livestock and food to a nearby fortress.

And this way I'm fucking here, with just a bunch of idiots, 30 animals, 40 barrels of ale, my pick, Tobul's two lucky cave wheat seeds and an anvil (I have no idea why Urdim always carries it around). I was sure we were gonna die.

Hmmm our biggest issue is solved - there is coal here. With no axes there would be no wood and no wood means no smelting and the king said he will only fucking accept metal crafts. With coal we might even survive till the caravan comes. Well, let's not get too excited yet.
There is no other option so I got to digging meanwhile Tobul our cook and mechanic started creating mechanisms. We will need them to somehow get rid of unwanted migrants. That's another shit the king demanded, we get rid of anybody who either can't do any metalsmithing or fighting, because that's the only way to find out if one is truly a dwarf and not a spy. Go meet the king they said, you will be happily drunk they said and now I'm fucking designing a mechanism to kill dwarfs great.

I haven't even noticed but it's almost summer and there is a shit tone of digging left, I should probably swing my pickax a bit more instead of writing this.
End of Spring
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:58:30 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, add your challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:09:18 pm »

You must make your fortress multi levelled, with big luxurious homes for all dwarves, and give it the layout of Ironforge from world of Warcraft.

You're welcome.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »

(megaproject) You must build a massive library.

(challenge) You must have a scholar at all times.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 05:25:42 pm »

Megaproject: computer complex that can control the fort.

Challenge: Military can have at most 10 people at once; all the rest of your defenses must be traps.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:16:34 pm »

[mega-project] Making a giant statue out of soap.

[Challenge] try to reach the magma sea without breaching any of the caverns.
Failure is disappointing, but not a large issue. (Use radar)
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »

You must make your fortress multi levelled, with big luxurious homes for all dwarves, and give it the layout of Ironforge from world of Warcraft.

You're welcome.
So what I see it is, there are different areas of the fortress and as the fortress goes down z levels so do the areas ...
Right?
[mega-project] Making a giant statue out of soap.

[Challenge] try to reach the magma sea without breaching any of the caverns.
Failure is disappointing, but not a large issue. (Use radar)
Radar?
Megaproject: computer complex that can control the fort.

Challenge: Military can have at most 10 people at once; all the rest of your defenses must be traps.
Small military won't be a problem cause I was planning on havin mostly traps anyway, a bigger challen forget I said that.
(megaproject) You must build a massive library.

(challenge) You must have a scholar at all times.
I'm wondering if warriors could be scholars...?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:10:36 pm by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 10:03:22 pm »

Does this apply as world of warcraft ironforge? I finished the common area and the forge in the middle with channels all around it (not fully designated yet). For now this should be enough digging. I know it seems small but it literally will have enough space for the whole fortress.
Edit: this is such a stupid idea but i just thought the ironforge (That's how I'm gonna call the area where we have the ironforge mega project) collapsible. I feel like the doomsday lever is what's gonna make a mega project out of a fortress design.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:11:17 pm by snow dwarf »

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:39 pm »

Radar is a way to find out where the cavern floors are. You use -b- to make a maximum sized farm plot. As cave floors have mud, it lets you see where they are.

It is a minor challenge because of the luck involved.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:46:46 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 11:36:58 pm »

Summer
The Summer started horribly, the six fucking dwarfs came to me and said they are on a fucking strike till I do what they want this is the fucking list:
1. Everyone should get luxury rooms
2. We want a luxury fortress not a shithole
3. We won' a luxury library.
Oh I'm gonna give them the best luxury shithole they have ever seen.

And then migrants, excellent just excellent, we are not prepared with a fucking killing machine and nothing is ready. There were four of them three warriors and one who we have to kill - a 121 years old dwarf.

I'm Snow and I'm surrounded by idiots and one guy who looked really surprised when I assigned him a job name "To be executed". I hate my life.

Mid Summer:
The guy is still here, I told the guys to keep their mouths shut when around him. Maybe I'm getting paranoid, or maybe he is a spy... No I'm getting paranoic. Keep it together Snow, you are the leader here.

I found a way to get rid of the guy, I told him to stand still while we build a wall around him, I told him that we're gonna play a game and soon get him out, but it's been already a week and he probably lost hope. I can hear him hunt for small creatures. I hate I have to do this to you Unib, it's either your head or mine.

However there is a good news, we found galena and we already have gold our metal industry is working and we are soon to be visited by the caravan. I hope they haven't forgotten about us.

Late Summer:
Unib is still alive but I can feel him growing weaker. I had to move our meeting room because that's where we walled him in and sitting around a dying dwarf isn't what we need right now.

I have finished planning the ironforge that's what we are gonna call the luxury district of this fort. I haven't gotten to digging it yet because we will need more picks for that. There is a small flaw with the design though, before I knew we were gonna dig a fucking luxury shithole I was digging every ore we could find, so now we have a few tunnels in the mountainside and where the ironforge is gonna be.

I started getting scared that we might run out of food so I ordered one of the new arrived warriors to become the bookkeeper, but of course he said he won't start work until his office is an luxury office. Socialize they said, be friends with everybody they said. Fucking gonna kill those who said it. (I think it was those tree huggers that said it).

We are gonna run out of booze soon which is especially scary because there is no fresh water around. I dug a small farming area in the mountainside, cause there is no space in the fort. Tobul resisted in giving his two lucky cavewheat seeds, but he gave them up when we told him about the booze problem. I hope we can still manage a harvest before winter. Our only hope then will be the caverns which I'm not too keen on visiting.

Unib is still not dead, but he is begging us for a drip of water, we are starting to think if we are doing the right thing by serving the king... I hope we don't have any migrants in Autumn otherwise I think I may go stark raving mad.
End of Summer
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:39:33 pm by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 12:00:48 am »

WHAT DA FUK!!!

So we are here risking our butts to get rid of gobos and apparently the kings right hand is a goblin.
*OOC*
Seriously I didn't know this could happen...

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 01:02:38 am »

Unwanted Post
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:49:10 am by snow dwarf »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47:50 am »

Yes, exactly! I've always wanted to see someone build it in dearf fortress, and it fills me with inspiration every time I see it.

Also, Gwolfski, there is a giant library in Ironforge.
Some pics:

The above picture is of the commons.

The great forge

Thank you.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 03:18:12 am »

If yer want any other pictures, I'm here.

BTW, a bigger map...

The orange thing at the bottom of the forge is the throne room, btw.
The multi coloured things around the gaff are homes, shops and buildings.

The mystic ward has a massive temple, and the hall of explorers has a giant library.
The forlorn cavern is where the... Shadier deals of the city take place. Also, fishing pond.

Tinkertown is... A giant machine.

And, another picture of the forge.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 03:26:14 am »

So I see I will have to get magma up for the great forge, or build the great forge down next to the magma sea... I feel like, cause I haven't played the game, my ironforge is gonna be totally different. Tinker town could be where I will move our current fortress A.I. I feel like my ironforge will be much smaller, especially cause I've build it on the map border and I already have the fortress dug out a few levels below  Anyway Rest of the year update coming soon.
Edit: As I look at it in dwarf fortress the only similarities will be the layout, but the size and everything and the fact that Armordipped Ironforge is gonna be set on mostly one pillar that can be destroyed makes it totally different. Also our ironforge is gonna be a luxury area of the fort and all the messy stuff, black market etc. will be below. Actually this sounds pretty awesome.
Edit Edit: The forlorn cavern could be a pathway to the caverns. By the way Thanks this will be helpful
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:29:19 am by snow dwarf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8