Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Enjoying this?

Yes!!!
- 1 (7.1%)
Mediocre
- 2 (14.3%)
You could change some stuff to make it more enjoyable (you can say in the comments what).
- 0 (0%)
No, my eyes burn from reading your first post!
- 2 (14.3%)
NEED PICTURES!!!
- 3 (21.4%)
Cheese.
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles  (Read 12618 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, add your challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 04:37:48 am »

Thanks!  :D
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 05:38:05 am »

Autumn and Winter:
The last two seasons went by really fast, mostly because I was busy mining ironforge and I haven't had time to write here, so I'm gonna do a short update.
The first thing that met us in Autumn were migrants, around 9 of them. One was tagged as TO BE EXECUTED. This is the worst part of the job - deciding who is gonna die. However a small, crazy, idea came to my mind, a way to save the poor guy. I soon got to executing it with twenty people working we soon finished it. The project S.L.A.V.E.I (stands for slave intelligence) is finished. Every mechanism will be operated by S.L.A.V.E.I. as long as every now and then we throw some food and booze down a chute.

The next thing that came crushing down was the sneaky little goblin liaison that came with the caravan. I think I wrote about him already. When the caravan came I found out we weren't ready at all so I rushed the guys to create a depot and make some gold statues for sale. We bought a few weapons all the food they carried and a few scrolls. Ah I just remembered we've got a new library, I'm gonna write about it in a second. I payed just one gold statue and gave another gold statue as a present it depicted the queen (apparently it was always a queen) being murdered by goblins and the goblin outpost liaison laughing - that's for having a goblin as an outpost liaison.

The library: one day all the dwarfs came to me and reminded me that they wanted a fucking library, so I gave them one. Found a little tunnel left after the ore digging, cleared it up a bit and now we are sitting all 20 (plus all scholars that decided to join us) of us with 30 (a shit tone of animals was born as well) dogs and cats and trying to get to the two books we bought from the caravan. However there are three lead bookshelves there so there is at least something to look at.

So that's mostly what happened. So minor stuff is that we are going deeper and deeper, we almost run out of food and booze once or twice and we had a mechanic mood. Just when the migrants arrive, a mechanic went crazy threw Udib off the mechanic workshop and sat down himself. He did create an awesome mechanism though (unfortunately it's not menacing with spikes). Right now there is a kid with a mood sitting by the craftsdwarf workshop we specially created for him, but we can't get the resources he is mumbling about. I had to explain to his parents that it's time to say goodbye (not like he is gonna respond) because his time is coming soon and we did everything we could. It was a harder thing to do than tagging someone "TO BE EXECUTED". His father is a nice guy, he used to be an armorsmith but now he helps me with mining I think he understood, it was harder with his wife she hit me a few times (I think I deserve it) before disappearing somewhere in the fortress.
End of Year 250
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:51 pm »

Sweet, the dogs and cats will help with the soap making later on.

I suggest only killing the cute fluffy animals it they are not strong or fat. Your cute puppies and kittens will grow up to be a great source of meat and soap.

Speaking of which, what will the statue be depicting? Wanna wait until the fort is ready to make it to decide?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:54:28 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:58 pm »

Sweet, the dogs and cats will help with the soap making later on.

I suggest only killing the cute fluffy animals it they are not strong or fat. Your cute puppies and kittens will grow up to be a great source of meat and soap.

Speaking of which, what will the statue be depicting? Wanna wait until the fort is ready to make it to decide?
I feel like there will be something worthwhile of depicting at ironforge.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I already butchered  a few animals in hope of getting scrolls for the library,  but didn't know calcium is needed which we don't have.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:38:03 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »

Ok so my biggest problem right now is how will i transport magma from magma sea all the way up to ironforge. Is the magma in the common rooms purly for aesthetic reasons?
Edit: added a poll.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:54:22 pm by snow dwarf »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 07:57:35 pm »

Regarding the poll:
Kill one or two that seem the most dangerous as examples, then make the rest work as slaves for whatever are the most dangerous jobs. Whenever you get more than 4 immigrants of this variety at once, make another example.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »

Have weak slaves be culled right away. Also look for any traites deemed in-dwarven. I suggest death by whip if possible. This is gonna have !!FUN!!  implications.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:55:18 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 01:39:11 am »

Could I be dorfed? Is that happenning?
If so, as an architect, please.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 01:55:39 am »

Does Smoothing walls apply a slave work? Maybe it should be just the ones who behaved, they get the easier jobs like digging ironforge, smoothing ironforge, every other slave is dig and live in the current fortress what's gonna be in the future the slums.
Could I be dorfed? Is that happenning?
If so, as an architect, please.
Ummm I never do full Architects and especially here cause I don't have workers to spare. Would you like another dwarf that does architecture as well?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:57:58 am by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 02:34:28 am »

So migrants came and fucking most of them are warrior and almost no slaves and not even one worker. I think I will make the challenge more severe by accepting dwarven warriors who are either hammer dwarfs, axe dwarfs or spear dwarfs, every other warrior = slave or execution. I will keep the dwarves I already tagged as warriors, but every migrant I haven't tagged yet will be judged according to the NEW rules. What do you think guys?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 03:33:11 am »

Spring:

Early Spring
The new year started with a letter from the queen. Now not only I have to kill unskilled dwarfs, now I have to kill warriors that are either not axeman, hammerman or spearman. Fucking great.

One day I was trying to rest in one corner of this shithole (don't have beds yet) after a full day of mining ironforge and suddenly somebody wakes me up screaming "he went Stark Raving Mad!!!". It took me some time to figure out what was he talking about, but then I saw the boy who had the mood running around fully naked. I put my pants on and tried to follow him, but I soon lost him. Lesson learned - don't try to put your pants on while chasing a naked kid, you will end up with a few lost teeth and a black eye from the rock you tripped over. Gonna find his body somewhere sometime in the summer anyway.

And right then here they come, migrants. We are not fucking ready again. We would be if they came in Summer. Can't you fucking wait two months? I ordered Tobul to link up the speartraps fast (it was a good moment especially cause the A.I. was sleeping in it's room powered off).
There is around 30 of them. Started tagging, no Workers shit, would be a shit tone of Warriors if not the paranoic queen. 13 to be executed, until Imic my good friend mechanic (he came in autumn, in fact it was him who had the mood, which saved him from being a warrior) gave me an idea. Instead of executing all of them we are gonna execute just few of them to set an example and every other one will be a slave. For now they will have to live among us the nobles of this fort until we finish ironforge and they will move to the slums where we currently live. Is this truly what I have become? Back in the mountainhome I would have punched somebody in the face for calling me that and now I would smack somebody for associating me with the lower class.

Rest of Spring
The rest of spring included mostly preparation for the execution, but two extra heads were added to the execution list because two slaves decided to leave the fortress and go hunting I fucking told them they can't leave the fortress, but not following the law will be met with death. For the execution list I chose the weakest, two men and a woman. We don't need fucking dwarfs who are gonna die from exhaustion anyway.

25th Felsite the day of execution - it went to hell like everything does around here. We tied down them to the floor. We called everyone to watch what's gonna happen to those that don't follow my command. The spear traps started going up, blood exploded everywhere, everything was going fine until three people tried to get the slaves out, all of them died and also some random animals. We almost lost a guy who was trying to clean up the mess before we finished, the only fucking dwarf who survived running through the spikes was the Stark Raving Mad kid (though he died from dehydration not much later). I had to stop the execution before it was finished in order to build some safety bridges (and there will be less mess to clean up).  The worst part about the execution are the screams. When we were trying to add levers to the AI for the bridge, she escaped and run straight for the booze stockpile, I hope we won't run out of booze before the caravan arrive because of this. She was holding the barrels so tight that I had to order the military to take her back to the AI room. We soon finished the execution.

Talking about military, I'm trying to set up a proper military which is hard because of our funds. We can only have 10 guys at a time. I separated the warriors between three squads (hammer, spear, ax). We currently only have silver as a weapon grade metal so we are just producing warhammers, though I had to make some silver spears for the spear trap. I ordered some random metal weapons that we won't use (the queen ordered us to use hammers, spears and, axes as well as just accepting those types of soldiers, fuck her) so that we can produce a few picks. The digging of ironforge is going really slowly.

I hope the screams of the dead won't hunt me for too long...

Execution area, it's on the way to enter the fortress from above (we have two entrances - the old one and the ironforge one).

Mrs. AI

End of Spring
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:12:58 am by snow dwarf »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 06:01:46 am »

I don't mind what else, but if he could have architecture enabled, I would be happy.
Thank you.

I won't force you to put magma int the commons, also.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 06:09:07 am »

I don't mind what else, but if he could have architecture enabled, I would be happy.
Thank you.

I won't force you to put magma int the commons, also.
Too late cause channels have been dug :P.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 07:58:13 am »

Hm... I'd like to be dwarfed.
I want to be the guy in charge of making sure the AI is always up and running.
Also, magma enthusiast. :D
Name: Ash Hong.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:13 am »

Hm... I'd like to be dwarfed.
I want to be the guy in charge of making sure the AI is always up and running.
Also, magma enthusiast. :D
Name: Ash Hong.
Well the A.I. pretty much runs itself,  especially when we move to ironforge where I plan on adding a water system to wake him up and clean up old items,  but we will need somebody to operate the pumps and somebody to build levers once in a while so you coul be him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8