Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Enjoying this?

Yes!!!
- 1 (7.1%)
Mediocre
- 2 (14.3%)
You could change some stuff to make it more enjoyable (you can say in the comments what).
- 0 (0%)
No, my eyes burn from reading your first post!
- 2 (14.3%)
NEED PICTURES!!!
- 3 (21.4%)
Cheese.
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles  (Read 12588 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, add your challenge
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:41 am »

Hm... I'd like to be dwarfed.
I want to be the guy in charge of making sure the AI is always up and running.
Also, magma enthusiast. :D
Name: Ash Hong.
Well the A.I. pretty much runs itself,  especially when we move to ironforge where I plan on adding a water system to wake him up and clean up old items,  but we will need somebody to operate the pumps and somebody to build levers once in a while so you could be him.
Sounds good.
Once the AI is finished, he could probably get moved to bookkeeping or some similar profession.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 09:20:38 am »

Hm... I'd like to be dwarfed.
I want to be the guy in charge of making sure the AI is always up and running.
Also, magma enthusiast. :D
Name: Ash Hong.
Well the A.I. pretty much runs itself,  especially when we move to ironforge where I plan on adding a water system to wake him up and clean up old items,  but we will need somebody to operate the pumps and somebody to build levers once in a while so you could be him.
Sounds good.
Once the AI is finished, he could probably get moved to bookkeeping or some similar profession.
The AI only does lever pulling and this way controls the whole fortress. She just murdered the "to be executed" slaves.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 10:13:32 am »

Finished spring update in the other post.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 11:12:26 am »

Of course the execution failed. You could say it was - poorly executed.
I accept any punishment you may wish to mete upon for that pun.

Just for future reference, just make a new post if you need to write more stuff. It's easier to follow.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »

I feel like Armordipped will be the total opposite of Blockedlance :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:51 pm »

I don't know what that means.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 09:41:28 pm »

Er, okay.
I read the first two pages. I don't really think that I have time for much more.

Why are we its opposite?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 09:46:27 pm »

Er, okay.
I read the first two pages. I don't really think that I have time for much more.

Why are we its opposite?
They were killing all the nobles,  we ARE the nobles.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 09:49:45 pm »

Uh huh.
I think it's more that we just extended nobility to anyone who isn't a slave.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »

Uh huh.
I think it's more that we just extended nobility to anyone who isn't a slave.
Shhh... Shush

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 03:11:14 am »

Summer:

I didn't even notice when the human caravan came. I ordered our last golden statue to be brought to the depot and ordered a few more to be made. I bought every pick they had, we really need to speed up ironforge, I hate living with the slaves. When I finished I found out I just sold everyone's favorite statue to the merchants and the military was already preparing to get it back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf after dwarf everyone was killed from our ten people squadron, we did manage to destroy their wagon though which means that all the goodies are ours. We are rich! 10 dead dwarfs is totally worth it. Wait, make it fourteen the rest of the military tried to avenge those idiots who were killed first while the human caravan guards where just sitting there and barely doing anything.
Great we are down to around twenty dwarfs counting the slaves.

I was looking at the statues that were made and found this:
Why nobody makes fucking statues of me, gonna have to talk with the dwarfs and remind them who decides whether you live in ironforge or dig tunnels with all the other slaves.

Our workshop area is slowly becoming a graveyard
not like it matters though, it's gonna be slaves who live here anyway.

Shit, didn't want to breach the caverns before we find magma. What concerns me most are the weapons that I can see in the water, we don't want to meet whatever that was.

Migrants.
Wait, wait! Don't enter through the corpse stockpile!
Hmmm, it seems like they didn't mind all the dead dwarfs. Wonder who did the queen send me now.
We have a total of 14 slaves now all of them are mining the ironforge, it will be complete anytime.

We finished the most important part of the ironforge - the commons and the military ward.
I decided it's time to separate the Noble dwarfs and the petty Slaves. For now we will still have to meet in the workshop area and storage area, but the below belongs to the slaves and the above belongs to us. Wait, no! I meant everything belongs to us the above and below, but slaves and nobles shall not meet.

It was inevitable.

Hmmm, the merchants said they won't leave until we get them a fucking new wagon and they didn't. So we've got merchants in our fortress people. I mean like for-fucking-ever (until we get rid of them).

Got to seriously get rid of this thing, don't want to get caught by it:
End of Summer

Save for the curious

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 09:28:40 am »

So I've been doing research on power for the pump stack that will transfer magma all the way up and I think I have an idea. My head is soon gonna explode though. I will power the 20 layers of pumps from future tinker town to the caverns using pure slave power and in the caverns where there is water I will build around 7 water generators (each 170 power) to power the stack that will go all the way to the magma sea,  unless we find magma in the caverns which would definitely speed up the process. Need help,  brain gonna explode!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 11:35:32 pm »

Wow, just check Imic's legends and he is a really bad-ass mechanic. First he survived a shit tone of attacks from different stuff, became a mechanic, discovered a shit tone of mechanic stuff, wrote hundred or more books about them, started wrestling, one a single wrestling competition in his whole live and lost a dozen or more but never gave up, came to Armordipped - life goes to hell

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 04:27:39 am »

Wooooooooooow. That's... Incredible!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8