Finally... > Creative Projects

HappySlapp's "Skillfully making things" thread (16 - It Just Works)

(1/9) > >>

XhAPPYSLApX:
After a long while of living under a rock (a basement) I have finally stepped back into the light (upstairs) to brave a world in which I am but an infant (socializing)

I have been given super special DRUGS to help me focus on things better. So yay! I can probably keep a thread going for longer than three posts this time :D

I have been learning how to use GameMaker for a little bit, almost a week, good thing I learnt a lot about Unity before I moved to GM, having a basic general knowledge of coding is really speeding up my learning rate regarding GM.

But yeah, I wanna try and actually post here when I can, even if It has nothing to do with GameMaker at large. Keep it as some sort of blog that-no-one-is-probably-going-to-care-about sort of dealio.

But in the famous words of Plato:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)"Who gives a flying fuck?" -Plato, A long-ass time ago B.C.
So there ya go, stay tuned or not. I'm probably still gonna post whether anyone listens or doesn't.

XhAPPYSLApX:
I made some stuff last night that I thought I should probably post on here, not in any way regarding pizza. But I digress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's for a blog I'm setting up on WordPress to do exactly what I'm doing here, talking about stuff. But the other blog is mostly just for my video game projects I'm working on, it isn't finished yet, but it should be done in a few days.

In other news, I'm actually moving in a couple of weeks, yay!

But yeah, other than that, I got nothing.

XhAPPYSLApX:
Welcome back to the place where I spout words that may, or may not (mostly not) be funny to you. Today I bring to you yet more pixel art, this time of an NES controller, I only used 5 colors in total to make it.

I'm pretty proud of this, took me a good 2 hours to make. I really like making minimalist type art, I'm not really one for realism. Tell me what you think, whoever may be reading this :D

IndigoFenix:
That's cool artwork.

Game Maker is a nice way to learn coding, it's how I started my programming career.  Once you start using GMCode on a regular basis you'll be able to get into more general languages.

What are you making?

XhAPPYSLApX:

--- Quote from: IndigoFenix on February 23, 2017, 10:19:40 am ---That's cool artwork.

Game Maker is a nice way to learn coding, it's how I started my programming career.  Once you start using GMCode on a regular basis you'll be able to get into more general languages.

What are you making?

--- End quote ---

I'm actually gonna make a simple roguelike, I don't really have a plan for it yet, I'm still learning the language after all xD but I do hope to have it done within a month or two :D

And thank you for the compliment, man!

Speaking of artwork, I actually made a 1920x1080 pixel art wallpaper of the Game Grumps, my favorite YouTube group :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version