Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little things you'd like to see  (Read 2453 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Little things you'd like to see
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:46 pm »

I was about to make a suggestion thread that could be summed up as "more fruit"... Then I thought, why don't we have a mini-suggestion thread? A place to go to say "I'd like Glumprong trees to have Glumplums", or "dogs and bears need better smelling". Just a little thing you noticed that you'd like included/changed.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little things you'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:02:23 pm »

Why?

There's a suggestion forum for suggesting things to Toady you'd like to see in the game. Plus a mods forum for suggesting things you'd like people to mod in.

This thread is...suggestions that aren't serious enough for anyone to consider implementing and other wishful thinking? What if someone accidentally takes your thread seriously and makes a suggestion they want to see in the game?

DF has such an amazing scope I think most things people could think of could be suggested in the suggestions forum.

Oh, I don't mind fun frivolous threads, of course. But you'd want a different title.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:06:29 pm »

Why?

There's a suggestion forum for suggesting things to Toady you'd like to see in the game. Plus a mods forum for suggesting things you'd like people to mod in.

This thread is...suggestions that aren't serious enough for anyone to consider implementing and other wishful thinking? What if someone accidentally takes your thread seriously and makes a suggestion they want to see in the game?

DF has such an amazing scope I think most things people could think of could be suggested in the suggestions forum.

Oh, I don't mind fun frivolous threads, of course. But you'd want a different title.

Well I've already got glumplums myself, just trying to figure out how to make them make people sad...

But my point is these would be small suggestions, so small that they'd just be wasting time flooding the suggestion section if people were putting them all up, so why not have one little spot that could be for the things too small to suggest?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

JohnnyYuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:57 pm »

I'd like to see an ability to become an artist.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:40:24 pm »

I'd like to see an ability to become an artist.
You mean a painter? You can already be a singer, dancer, writer, craftsman, multi-instrumentalist, storyteller and poet.

Jairl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

The Oregon Trail, Dwarf Fortress style ;p

So you set out with 7 dwarves on a great journey to plunder the wealth and riches deep below.... but what happens along the way.... who eats whom? What ever did happen to all the beer you packed?

MoonstoneFace

• Bay Watcher
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »

More variation in biomes. You know the way every temperate biome has plum and cherry trees and every tropical biome has arrow bamboo.
Quote from: Michael Caine
I am Michael Caine

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 07:13:28 pm »

Actually, they don't (as far as trees go; don't know about grass). Those trees aren't ubiquitous, so there's roughly 1/4 to 1/5 chance they won't show up on embark or in region-pops.

That said, while missing a single plant can be frustrating for "all boozes" quest, they are mostly the same.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:39 pm »

Off the top of my head: jalapeños (and other peppers), and rotting dingo kidneys becoming progressively more fetid, rather than more rotten. "Fetid dingo's kidneys" was a favorite rude phrase in the Hitchhiker series, of course (-:

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 05:28:05 pm »

Being able to place good and evil biomes myself via a grid like elevation etc.

And mounts, so I can mod in child abducting centaurs that train their slaves as "turrets". (Some sort of reverse adoption like with cats, except that it's about equestry)
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:13 pm »

And mounts, so I can mod in child abducting centaurs that train their slaves as "turrets". (Some sort of reverse adoption like with cats, except that it's about equestry)

I think manually adding pets and mounts to a civ will be in this next October release.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »

I think manually adding pets and mounts to a civ will be in this next October release.
Bet it won't work well with sapients.
How I long for a caravan pulled by hobbit slaves...

Trebor1503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:44 am »

I would like a screen that tells you where the memory leaks are. I want to know if it is in tracking all the worn socks I have or that I have to many decorated walls.

Then, on my mature forts, there might be a chance of increasing the speed of play by focusing a "clean up" on some sections. Right now I juts guess and try my best.

Also, I wish there was a station/workshop to convert something by removing what it is made from along with quality and strip it down to base "bed" or "table". I believe that these items could then be tracked interchangeably, giving me back some performance.   

It just makes me so sad when my forts become so slow they are unplayable.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 01:23:02 pm »

Dwarves sleeping in the same bed at the same time ( for married couples and dwarves in love ).
Children needing either a children bed or sharing with parents ( without doing you know what ).

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 11:58:44 am »

Yup, im sitting here re-oiling my RAW editing skills in anticipation for my planned evil jungle elves to arrive on tigers, dinosaurs & giant wasps as per speficiation.