Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some random mod questions related to a mod that I am maybe thinking about doing.  (Read 345 times)

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile

Let me start by saying that I am very new to modding, I have read a lot about it and I know how it basically works but the actual modding I've done is minimal. with that out of the way here are my questions

is there a mod that removes non european creatures from Dwarf fortress? fantastical creatures optional. based on a mixture of immersion and OCD I've always been slightly bothered by all of the exotic animals in Dwarf fortress. I do appreciate that random exotic creature are part of the atmosphere that make dwarf fortress so great however for my personal gameplay and for my mod I would prefer it to be more thematic. I think I would know how to do this myself, I just figured I'd ask incase it could remove some tedious work on my part.

are custom sites and structures a thing that you can do? if it is a thing I am sure that it would be beyond my abilities. I just figured I'd ask. If it is than something someone could start could be a data bank of custom sites and structures for other modders to use. anyone could submit one and anyone could use one. I would try to do that myself but as stated before new to modding

that's all I have. If I have anymore questions I'll post them here instead of starting a new topic.         
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"