Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Overseer - a light novel Worm x Dwarf Fortress story  (Read 952 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Overseer - a light novel Worm x Dwarf Fortress story
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:06:00 pm »

I wrote this a while back, but I don't think I ever linked it here.  If I did, I wasn't able to find it with a quick search for some reason.  I put it on Fanfiction.net the other day.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12374063/1/Overseer

A young woman from the Worm universe triggers with the power to summon Dwarves from a saved Dwarf Fortress game. She finds herself pitted against the S9, a group of superpowered murderhobos who really are as dangerous and sick as the stories say they are. Can Overseer Shayla survive the siege and preserve her fortress from these invaders?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Overseer - a light novel Worm x Dwarf Fortress story
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:33:16 pm »

Neato.

Though I can't see why
Spoiler: Spoiler, mayhaps. (click to show/hide)

Points for originality: it's the first dwarf fortress crossover I've seen. Points for good grammar, which so many fanfic authors lack. And points for awesomeness.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »

I liked it. Woulda been nice for the Raws bit to have more explanation to it, was a good read though.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:45:22 am »

Neato.

Though I can't see why
Spoiler: Spoiler, mayhaps. (click to show/hide)

Points for originality: it's the first dwarf fortress crossover I've seen. Points for good grammar, which so many fanfic authors lack. And points for awesomeness.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)