Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Poll about Mechs.  (Read 1685 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: A Poll about Mechs.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 08:05:25 am »

1: A, leaning towards B.  Realistic in the sense that huge mechs are easiest to defeat with a mobility kill on--destroy a leg, and it's down.  Unrealistic to the extent that they're highly mobile, might even be able to rocketboost, and can get up if they trip and fall down.
2: A, though this one is a low priority.  Mechs are equipment, and the best pilot in the world probably has a whole arsenal of them, each fine-tuned for a specific role.
3: C as an average, I guess?  Really, I like settings that run the gamut, with glorified power armor jumping around and climbing implacable battleship sized monstrosities Shadow of the Colossus style.  Small mechs are quick, cheap, stealthy scout vehicles.  Giant mechs are siegebreakers, walking fortresses of doom.
4. C?  Lasers and gauss, but no bullshit psychic emotion magic or whatever the hell powers mecha in anime. 
5. A, A so hard, A A A. 

Long story short: Battletech/Mechwarrior.  I don't like anime mecha, anime mecha is just another form of DBZ power level stupidity, now with giant robots.  Mechs, to me, are about the customization; you can have a small mech with an arm mounted semiauto 30mm cannon, a shoulder mounted missile rack with 15 shortrange missiles, and stripped armor from the left arm and legs to lighten the load and improve speed.  Each limb should get its own HP/armor at the least, and maybe even separate power/heat levels.

In other words the number-loving munchkin loves mechs with lots of numbers.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: A Poll about Mechs.
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:07 pm »

So it looks people like small or relatively small,  Realistic or semi-realistic mechs, in a near future setting where they fight a variety of threats, mostly focused on humans.

Noted. Thank you. 
Pages: 1 [2]