Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30553 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spend my attention towards the unarmored jackal and try to take initiative on jumping onto the jackel and thrusting my spear into its heart, if given the opportunity go for a bite attack on his throat
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:30:04 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

"Time is an illusion..."

Tap the halberdier in the back with my ring, then whip the fuck out of the remaining minor jackal

(the fact that you just used an expletive, combined with the fact that you didn't use punctuation, made you completely break character in the best way possible

thank you)

You tap the halberdier in the back, punching him quite hard with the ring.

(15)

-1 turn to debuff

You then turn to the remaining jackal demon, which is preparing to strike again at the halberdier. You bring your whip down in a wide arc, aiming for the unarmored back of the foul beast...

(3 + 2 vs. 14 + 2)

The jackal demon blocks your blow with its shield and faces you, eyes burning with hatred. You prepare for it to lunge at you, but instead it hurls its shield your way!

(15 + 2 vs. 11 + 2 + 1)

You barely manage to dodge the spinning shield, but you're temporarily disoriented by the quick movement.

The jackal man lunges in for a follow-up strike, but he's interrupted by the halberdier.

Despite his slowed movements, he would try to keep the jackal man occupied by feinting a slower swing into a quick pommel-jab to the leg, preferably trying to dislocate their knee.

You move in, and prepare to strike. (16 - 2) The jackal man lifts his shield, expecting you to bring down the blade of your halberd, when you deliver a powerful blow to his knee. (9 + 2 - 2) It slides out of place, and the jackal man collapses in a crumpled heap. (14 + 2 + 2 - 2 vs. 8 + 2 - 5)

You easily deliver a killing blow to the incapacitated jackal man.

+25 EXP!
+2 blue blood!

You have leveled up. Your current EXP: 20/150. Increase one of your stats by 1 point.

Spend my attention towards the unarmored jackal and try to take initiative on jumping onto the jackel and thrusting my spear into its heart, if given the opportunity go for a bite attack on his throat

The unarmored jackal man is dead, so you take advantage of this to keep an eye on the armored jackal man and analyze his movements.
+3 to defense rolls for the remainder of this turn

Aim for the legs of the armoured Jackal Man, cripple its movements with a quick slash.

You lunge in towards the jackal man, and deliver a quick slash towards their right leg.

(13 + 2 vs. 8 + 4 + 1)

You inflict a minor wound on them, despite their armor. You leap back before the jackal man can retaliate.

-3 HP (???)

The surprised and angry jackal man hisses and leaps backwards, slamming into the lizardman. The jackal man whirls around and delivers two deadly attacks, one with his curved sword and one with his dagger!

(8 + 2 + 1 vs. 17 + 4 + 2)
(14 + 2 + 1 vs. 14 + 3)

The jackal man's sword deals a serious wound to the lizardman, but the lizardman is barely able to parry the dagger strike.

-16 HP (Vingar)

Spoiler: Dustan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwyn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nixtar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vingar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackal Demon 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Stab through the neck of the jackal man, protect the lizard man from further damage.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

The risk of death is always the expression that we're having a great fight As I say this I am grabbing hold of my wound, allowing my native regeneration to heal me
bash in the head of the armored Jackalman with my wooden buckler shield and than rush for a directed spear thrust attacking into the monsters chest

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"It doesn't have to end like this. Surrender and you will be treated as an equal!"
protect the others from harm while trying to talk the armored one down. If the jackal refuses, go on the offensive with a flurry of jabs using the spear-tip of my halberd head, then follow it up by trying to hook one of their legs and pull it out from under them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Dwyn stood back a bit, his weapon not the best suited for this fight. Still, that didn't mean he couldn't help.

Use the range of the whip to stay back and just counter the Jackal Demon, entangle his weapons as his moves to strike, but don't commit to following through. Harass him and keep him from touching my future slaves valued allies.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

*pokes thread expectantly*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The jackal man growls and does a quick follow-up attack on Vingar, wielding his khopesh in both hands and putting away his dagger.

(12 + 2 + 1 vs. 1 + 4 + 1)

Vingar deftly parries, and goes in for a riposte with a quick claw attack.

(7 + 2 + 1 + 3 vs. 14 + 4 + 1 + 2)

Vingar narrowly misses. The jackal man then lunges for Vingar again!

(3 + 2 vs. 16 + 3)

The jackal man grabs Vingar and hurls him at Nixtar!

(14 + 3 vs. 7 + 2 + 1)

Vingar and Nixtar collide. Nixtar's blade grazes Vingar's arm, and Nixtar's face smashes into the parrying shield.

-7 HP (Vingar)
-6 HP (Nixtar)

Dwyn stood back a bit, his weapon not the best suited for this fight. Still, that didn't mean he couldn't help.

Use the range of the whip to stay back and just counter the Jackal Demon, entangle his weapons as his moves to strike, but don't commit to following through. Harass him and keep him from touching my future slaves valued allies.

(16) You think that this was just the jackal man's feint, a way of disorienting both the elf and Vingar so he could deliver two killing blows not long after. You deftly move in, and with a snap of your whip...

(14 + 2 vs. 7 + 3 + 2)

Manage to inflict a minor wound on the jackal man's arm, despite his armor. His grasp on his weapon falters slightly.

-2 HP (?)

You (12 + 2) manage to get out of the way before the jackal man can deliver a retaliatory blow.

"It doesn't have to end like this. Surrender and you will be treated as an equal!"
protect the others from harm while trying to talk the armored one down. If the jackal refuses, go on the offensive with a flurry of jabs using the spear-tip of my halberd head, then follow it up by trying to hook one of their legs and pull it out from under them.

"Surrender is for those without honor. Your souls, your bodies, and your blood shall soon be mine."

You glower.

"So be it."

You lunge forward with your halberd.

(10 + 2 + 1 - 2 vs. 6 + 3 + 4)

Your first attack is just barely parried by the jackal man. The curve of his sword allows him to easily parrying jabbing attacks. Undaunted, you continue the assault.

(4 + 2 + 1 - 2 vs. 14 + 3 + 4)

Your second attack is much too slow. The jackal man parries easily, and closes in for a riposte. (5 - 2) You're unable to evade it.

(11 + 3 vs. 4 + 3 + 2)

You knock back his blade with the haft of your halberd, and sweep it from behind his left knee. The jackal man (3) is caught off guard, and is staggered.

Stab through the neck of the jackal man, protect the lizard man from further damage.

You're disoriented from the collision with the lizardman's shield, but you force yourself to your feet when you see the jackal man stagger. You rush him, and with a quick strike...

(18 - 2 + 2 vs. 5 - 2 + 3 + 1)

Penetrate the jackal man's armor and inflict a major wound on his chest!

-23 HP (?)

You follow up with a second quick slash to the jackal man's already wounded arm.

(17 - 2 + 2 vs. 11 - 2 + 3 + 1)

You again land a blow, although it is somewhat deflected by the jackal man's armor.

-7 HP (?)

The risk of death is always the expression that we're having a great fight As I say this I am grabbing hold of my wound, allowing my native regeneration to heal me
bash in the head of the armored Jackalman with my wooden buckler shield and than rush for a directed spear thrust attacking into the monsters chest

You're dizzy, but you attack nonetheless when you see the elf manage to damage the jackal man's armor. You swing your shield at him, full force.

(13 - 3 - 2 + 2 vs. 9 - 2 + 4 + 2)

Your attack bounces off the jackal man's mask. It seems that light shields are ineffectual at shield bashing, despite their speed. You still go in for the spear thrust.

(1 - 2 + 2 + 1 vs. 13 - 2 + 3 + 4)

The jackal man easily hooks your spear with his sword. With a flick of his wrist, he disarms you! Your spear clatters to the ground about 3 yards away, and the jackal man stands between you and it.

Spoiler: Dustan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:19:38 am by Rethi-Eli »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Recover as quickly as possible, continue going for the jackal's legs.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"A feisty one now isn't, let's me show you something special"

I'd imagine the Jackal Demon staring directly at me, than it as I poof from existence
Activate my Activated Ability, Phase Shift, an alternate dimension that contains no other soul (except other creatures who are using phase shifts) that is a reflection on our world, so it contains the same landscape. The ability will immediate stop on the start of the next combat turn. Utilize this time to position myself behind where the large Jackal demon would be standing.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"No Survivors!"
he would lunge forward and try to tackle the jackal-man, trying to shove them to the ground.

Quickly following up regardless of success, he would swipe at their head twice: once with the blunt side of the halberd head to daze them, Then a second time with the blade in a attempt to break off the mask if it wasn't knocked free by any of the prior attacks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Dwyn snapped his whip around, shifting his weight across his hips and rolling his entire body to suddenly crack the whip out to its full length and snap the same arm he'd already struck once.

Use Lash of the Whip, aim for that nice exposed point.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recover as quickly as possible, continue going for the jackal's legs.

You lunge in at the jackal man's legs.

(12 + 3 vs. 4 + 4 + 1)

Your strike dexterously manages to bypass the jackal man's greaves and deliver a major wound to his leg. The jackal man growls and retaliates with a powerful swing...

-9 HP (?)

(1 + 3 vs. 17 + 3 + 4)

... Which strikes you square in the chest and sends you flying backwards. The wound burns with a fiery pain, almost as if the jackal man's blade was alight with flame when it hit you. (18) You manage to stagger back to your feet.

-21 HP (Nixtar)

"No Survivors!"
he would lunge forward and try to tackle the jackal-man, trying to shove them to the ground.

Quickly following up regardless of success, he would swipe at their head twice: once with the blunt side of the halberd head to daze them, Then a second time with the blade in a attempt to break off the mask if it wasn't knocked free by any of the prior attacks.

You lunge forward.

(5 + 2 + 2 vs. 11 + 4 + 3)

The jackal man kicks out his right leg. You trip over it, and go sprawling on the ground. The jackal man follows this up by leaping over you towards the already injured elf, who just now managed to regain his footing.

Dwyn snapped his whip around, shifting his weight across his hips and rolling his entire body to suddenly crack the whip out to its full length and snap the same arm he'd already struck once.

Use Lash of the Whip, aim for that nice exposed point.

You focus your mind and body, raise your whip, and deliver a powerful blow.

(12 + 3 + 2 vs. 3 + 4 - 2)

Your aim is immaculate, and the jackal man's weapon flies out of his hand, landing next to the prone halberdier. A trickle of blue blood runs from the wound, but the jackal man shows no sign of pain. He draws his dagger, but doesn't make a move to attack.

-8 HP (?)

"A feisty one now isn't, let's me show you something special"

I'd imagine the Jackal Demon staring directly at me, than it as I poof from existence
Activate my Activated Ability, Phase Shift, an alternate dimension that contains no other soul (except other creatures who are using phase shifts) that is a reflection on our world, so it contains the same landscape. The ability will immediate stop on the start of the next combat turn. Utilize this time to position myself behind where the large Jackal demon would be standing.

You close your eyes, and repeat the incantation that was passed down through your tribe for generations. When your eyes open once again, you are in an empty land, an exact replica of where you were just moments ago. You coolly stride over to where your spear would be, and bend down to pick it up. When the incantation ends, you'll be both re-armed and ready to strike.

Nixtar

You stagger upwards, and growl. The lizardman is gone, the lasher is squaring off with the jackal man, who is now wielding his dagger, and the halberd wielding knight is pushing himself to his feet. You turn Northwards, as does everyone else, when you hear a shout.

"Foul beast that haunts the night! Begone, or I shall strike you down! For High Rock!"

The soldier you rescued earlier, Deikos, valiantly charges forth at the jackal man. He still seems a bit battered, but you figure you could use all the assistance you can get.

Spoiler: Deikos of High Rock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

K u fine now
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:04:52 pm by Rethi-Eli »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"Now the time for the finishing blow"

Rush in with my spear directly aiming at where this monster is trying to land a direct hit, he couldn't expect an attack from a creature who disappeared temporarily. Than land an extra swipe with the spear if the creature is still trying to retaliate. Of course, if any opportunities arrive than try to go for an attack with a claw or bite.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(Excuse me. Why did you roll for the elf to regain their footing, but not for me to regain mine and left me sprawled out?)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18