Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30881 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

(Excuse me. Why did you roll for the elf to regain their footing, but not for me to regain mine and left me sprawled out?)

Because the elf was hit with a powerful blow, and only landed half prone. You were all out tripped, so you're...

I don't know. Whatever. Tripping people is magical in this land.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uses GM powers to reprimand players so they post their actions

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

((Whoops, sorry.))

Try literally disarming the bastard, aim for the hand holding the blade.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Try literally disarming the bastard, aim for the hand holding the blade.

Assist. Use the whip to wrap the Jackal-Demon's wrist and pull the arm out so a solid strike can be made.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

stumbling to his feet, he realizes that he is in a position to turn his opponent's weapon against them. Though unfamiliar with handling a kopesh, he grabs for it with his left hand, keeping a eye on his jackal headed foe as he rises to his feet. He couldn't possibly use his halberd with only one hand, but he could keep hold of it to deny an alternative weapon to his foe.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uses GM powers to reprimand players so they post their actions
(81837373883) oh wow you succeed good job you win game

"Now the time for the finishing blow"

Rush in with my spear directly aiming at where this monster is trying to land a direct hit, he couldn't expect an attack from a creature who disappeared temporarily. Than land an extra swipe with the spear if the creature is still trying to retaliate. Of course, if any opportunities arrive than try to go for an attack with a claw or bite.

You phase back to the Resonance. You lean down and grab your spear, and find that the jackal man has grabbed it too!

(A lot of simultaneous actions here; I'll omit the rolls just this once and everyone should read this because everyone's actions are jumbled up in here)

The jackal man overpowers you, knocks you down, and grabs the spear when the elf leaps at him with his katana. The jackal man barely manages to parry the blow when the whip-wielder snaps his whip around the jackal man's right arm. The jackal man frees himself and slides over to his sword, but the knight that just arrived intercepts him and bashes his head with the pommel of his longsword. While this struggle occurs, both you and the halberdier regain your footing and approach the jackal man from behind. With surprising coordination, you jab your spear through the jackal man's right leg while the halberdier seizes the jackal man's sword. The jackal man's arm is fully extended as he grapples with the halberdier over the blade. The elf, seeing this, performs a second powerful attack with his katana. He performs a messy cut, mangling the jackal man's arm rather than severing it, but the effect is still the same. The jackal man, who has up until this point showed no sign of feeling pain, roars in agony. He releases his khopesh, and the halberdier gains possession of it. You attack the distracted jackal man's neck with your claw, causing a gout of blue blood to pour forth. You attack again, this time with your spear, and the jackal man roars and rushes the whip-wielder. The two of them collide, but the jackal man is quickly pulled away by the knight who just arrived, who drives his longsword through the jackal man's chest.

The jackal man falls to his knees as the knight's longsword slides out of his chest.

I... shall return for you...

Before any of you can act, a tremor shakes the earth. The jackal man wrenches his khopesh away from the halberdier before the earth swallows him up again.

+70 EXP to EVERYBODY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
1 globule of sandy blue blood - Dustan Hache, Dwyn, Nixtar, and Vingar!
Eye Shield (1-handed light shield, +1 defense) - Nixtar
Burial Mask (helmet, +1 physical defense) - Vingar, Dustan Hache
Ring of minor air protection (+1 air resistance) - Dwyn

For those of you who happened to level up, increase one of your stats by 1. Then, if you're level 1, carry over any remaining EXP and change the EXP you need to level up to 150. I'll add a leveling chart to the OP so I don't have to explain this any further.

Dustan Hache

You fall to your knees, exhausted. That's when the ethereal voice speaks once again.

You did well, all of you...
Thine enemies cannot best you so easily.

Thou canst all hear me.

You look around. Everyone else also seems to be experiencing this phenomenon.

Deikos of High Rock, brave knight...
Thou search for a meaning to your imprisonment in this realm, dost thou not?

The knight nods.

Then I appoint thee to assist these four...
It shall be your greatest quest.
The fates of all the souls here depend upon thee.

Ah, but thou must all be in a state of confusion...
Let me explain why thou art all the victims of wanton violence by these demonic creatures.

This realm, the Resonance, was formed by two great beings to fight a war that surely would have destroyed the universe if it was not fought upon this separate plane.

Those at war were light and dark.

I am light.

Darkness raised a great army of barbaric creatures, the same ones that now battle the brave spirits at the wall.

I raised an army of spirits from other worlds, taking the souls of those who normally would have died.

There was a great battle, and I lost. The Resonance went from a battleground to the keep of darkness, and the prison of light. I was sealed away by darkness, who harnessed my magics and continued to bring spirits into the Resonance.

Spirits such as yourself.

Little did either of us know the power that blood granted to your souls, and darkness was pleased when the souls started fighting amongst each other for blood. Darkness wanted to create an army of thralls out of spirits that entered the Resonance.

For eons, spirits have congregated in the Resonance, an unwitting army for darkness that grows stronger every time blood is shed.

Thou art different from these spirits, however.

It is not thine courage nor thine strength that gives thee power to defeat what others cannot.

It is thy blood.

Not so long ago, even in your time, my prison started to crumble. Darkness knew this, and began preparing to invade the world outside of the Resonance. I gained enough power to speak to the spirits, and I was able to speak with an army of brave knights, spirits who entered the Resonance in the midst if a great battle. They agreed to march to the lair of darkness and defeat it, led by their 4 great captains. However, they lacked the blood that thou possess, and they fell one by one. As each knight fell, their spirit became another thrall for darkness, another soldier in the army of shadows. Soon, only the four captains of the knights remained. However, soon, even they lost their nerve and fell, one by one. Out of the two hundred brave knights that marched to stop darkness, only one, the great captain Adion, remained. He was struck down by darkness, and became another servant of the army of shadows.

If thou agree to join me, thou must face many adversaries. The Resonance is akin to a pyramid - you are on the bottom, and darkness is at the very top. As you ascend, every layer is smaller. Each portal leading to the next level is guarded by a powerful being, a portal guardian, which only those with blood like thine may defeat.

I do have one other spirit that is still loyal to me - Erethus, a smith of legendary skill. If thou bring him the blood of a powerful being such as a portal guardian, he may be able to create objects that may be of great use to thee.

Thou may have many questions, which I shall answer if thou agree to join my cause. I just want for all of thee to know this one fact:

If darkness is not defeated, all of the spirits here, including thee, are doomed to become mindless servants for eternity. If darkness does indeed fall, then thou art free.

As the voice fades away, you take off your helm and look at the sky. No sun is visible, and yet blinding light emanates from the cloudless sky.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Nixitar looks around at the other warriors.

"This...changes things. Very well. I accept this quest to destroy corruption and evil. You have my sword, Light."

Agree to join, try and patch up wounds.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:39:01 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"I do not readily trust voices from the aether, and I never shall. I will do this task only to discover the truth."
He would stand, eyeing the lizardman and the slaver in particular before proceeding back to town.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

More killing and bloodshed y'say?, well of course I'll be a joining. These portal guardians done seem so threatening to me
Than perform a minor, cursory glance at the other fighters. No intention of moving yet, so will stay in place for the time being.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Dwyn shrugged and adjusted his spectacles. "Service is service, and if the light is truly good, I'm sure it believes in recompensing us fairly for our troubles- and not bind us to gainless servitude. I have no other goals for the moment, save the aggregation of wealth, and thus this diversion should be as engaging as any."

Inspect whip for nicks, equip ring. Chit-chat.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nixitar looks around at the other warriors.

"This...changes things. Very well. I accept this quest to destroy corruption and evil. You have my sword, Light."

Agree to join, try and patch up wounds.
(2)

You have little success in patching up your injuries.

Oh! It seems that thou art injured. There is a great fountain of clear water at the center of the tow to the North - immerse thine wounds in it, and they shall heal.

"I do not readily trust voices from the aether, and I never shall. I will do this task only to discover the truth."
He would stand, eyeing the lizardman and the slaver in particular before proceeding back to town.

You seek the truth, do you? I shall grant clarity unto thee if it is thy wish. I am far from a voice - thou shalt see proof of this upon my rescue.

You look at the lizardman and the slaver. The lizardman is watching the elf patch up his wounds with little success, while the slaver is nonchalantly examining his whip.

More killing and bloodshed y'say?, well of course I'll be a joining. These portal guardians done seem so threatening to me
Than perform a minor, cursory glance at the other fighters. No intention of moving yet, so will stay in place for the time being.

You look around. The halberdier is staring at you, the knight is looking at the sky, the elf is bandaging his wounds with little success, and Dwyn is peering at his whip, presumably checking it for damage.

Dwyn shrugged and adjusted his spectacles. "Service is service, and if the light is truly good, I'm sure it believes in recompensing us fairly for our troubles- and not bind us to gainless servitude. I have no other goals for the moment, save the aggregation of wealth, and thus this diversion should be as engaging as any."

Inspect whip for nicks, equip ring. Chit-chat.
Your whip seems to be unmarked from combat. After looking for a short while  you coil it and stow it in your jacket, satisfied. After speaking briefly with the ethereal voice, you slide the ring on. A slight shiver runs down your spine.

Haha...
Thou seekest material fortunes, dost thou?
I have many treasures I may bestow upon thee.

The voice grows slightly louder.

Thou art unprepared to face the portal guardian of this realm. Thou must acquire more blood...
Verily, the townsfolk should be able to assist thee.
There is also a single treasure I need thee to retrieve...
A chest containing five amulets...
They shall provide thee resistance to the magic that clouds the minds of spirits...
This chest can be found in the nest of a great fire-breathing wyrm, a creature that is not as fearsome as it appears...
After this is done, thou shalt be ready to challenge the portal guardian of this realm, a grotesque beast of unimaginable scale.
I advise thee to visit Erethus - thou mayst find him by journeying steadily to the South.

I grow weak... I cannot talk to thee for much longer...
Best of luck to thee, for the sake of all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Does anyone know where the nearest village is? As much as I loathe such habitation, I need to tend to my wounds, and there is information that we may need to obtain from the "locals"."

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Does anyone know where the nearest village is? As much as I loathe such habitation, I need to tend to my wounds, and there is information that we may need to obtain from the "locals"."
There's a map in the OP, you somehow know magicslinally where the town is

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

go to the tavern. It's time to march.
"Kien, it's time to leave. I need to talk with you as well."
ask Kien what he knows about the mysterious entity known as "the light" and any recorded history going back before the arrival of spirits.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Follow the rest back to "civilisation".
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18