Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30845 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: For Dustan! (click to show/hide)
Think of it as starter gear. Basic stuff with nothing snazzy on it... yet. Just steel armor with a prefix.
Also, what about my abilities/traits?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Everything else is quite fine. I'll allow you to have 1 piece of armor at the cost of 1 vitality, a trade that evens out. Also, change that steel to iron.

GAME START!

Colors

Dustan Hache - Red
NRDL - Blue
Draignean - Yellow
Shadowclaw - Puce Maroon

Game Moderator - Green

The voice reaches out to you, as it has to countless others. Indeed, that happens to all that enter this accursed place - but you don't know that.

Yet.

Thou hast journeyed far...
Let thine journey come to an end...
And a beginning...
Thou art one of many, and yet thee too are chosen...
May thine courage bring clarity unto the planes once again...

You wake up. You don't remember anything at first, but it starts coming back to you, bit by bit. Your name. What you do. Your life.

Yet you can't seem to remember how you got... here.

You sense that you aren't alone, and look around. Others, in a similar state of confusion, mill about you. Verdant green plains stretch in all directions, and menacing stormclouds loom on the horizon on all sides. You consider approaching one of the others about you, and yet something tells you not to. On a hunch, you head North. It's almost as if a map of the small world you're trapped in is emblazoned in your mind. You walk, and walk, and walk. Time itself seems to bend, and you realize that you're in a city of sorts. You enter the nearest building, which is...

where?

Instructions: Choose one building that you'd commonly see in a medieval setting. Taverns and the like are cliche but lovable. Example: Barracks
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

the town's Keep, where the guards watch for trouble and the archers pick off anything hostile from afar.
(Aw, I can't have prefixed armor without sacrificing my health? Just mark it all down as iron, then.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

The slave market, where flesh is bought and sold and the soul of man is measured against the weight of gold.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

The town's slums of course!, lurking between the shanties and broken down houses with the uncountable number of peasants and vagabonds

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Any orchards or woods, likely to be owned by this land's "lord".
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the town's Keep, where the guards watch for trouble and the archers pick off anything hostile from afar.
(Aw, I can't have prefixed armor without sacrificing my health? Just mark it all down as NOT THERE, then.)

k

You extend a hand towards the door, but it's quickly slapped away by something. You realize only now that two guards, armed with black halberds, are keeping watch over the entrance.

"What business do you have here?" asks one, glaring.

You don't know. You remain silent.

"Are you dumb? Answer me!" shouts the first guard.

The second guard places himself between you and the first guard.

"He's one of the new arrivals. Just let him in. He'll do no harm. It's not like anybody cares what happens here anymore."

The first guard glares at you for a second longer before stepping aside, giving you access to the door. You step inside, and see a few withered and depressed individuals sitting around a table, talking. You listen in.

"We've sent out many explorers, and yet we're no closer to figuring out what manner of madness has brought us here, and what manner of the same can get us out. None of the earlier mentioned explorers have returned hither from their previously mentioned expeditions. I'm tired, and I believe I can speak for everyone in this room when I say that we're utterly doomed. We ne-"

The speaker notices you.

"Shoo! Off with you, you poor soul!"

You stagger out of the town hall, and wander aimlessly. You notice that the buildings of the town are clearing out as you head in the direction you presume to be South, judging by the position of the sun. You finally enter a verdant plain, cut across by a thin, rapidly moving stream. A single building, with sign that says “D’s Shop and Tavern”, sits by the riverside. A bridge spans the river. Plains stretch to your East, along with a massive lake. A field of tall grass lies to the West, across the bridge.

The slave market, where flesh is bought and sold and the soul of man is measured against the weight of gold.

You find your senses assailed immediately as you stride into the open market. Clamoring and the rattling of iron bonds. Sweat, filth, excrement and blood. Screams of agony and sorrow. The crack of a whip. This is the market. However, the goods sold here are far different from most. Creatures of all sizes and shapes are chained together and displayed on a stand, sold to those who have the greatest fortune to offer.

It's perfect.

You are a slaver, it is in your blood, your very nature. What is a slaver without his slaves? And yet, what do you have to offer...

You approach one slave dealer, and ask where he goes to find his goods.

"Kehehe, yer lookin' to start in the business, hah? Well, I've got some good tips for ya. The fields to the southwest of here are rife with men turned into murderous savages by some strange magic. If ya bring 'em out of the fields, though, they'll turn right sane again! 'Course, in order to capture them, ya gotta make sure they don't kill ya, and believe me.

They'll kill ya.

Anyways, good luck, kid. The name is Dreyvin, if ya ever want another tip. It'll have to come at a cost, of course, but I'll give ya discount because we're friends, right?"

You bid farewell and leave the market.

The town's slums of course!, lurking between the shanties and broken down houses with the uncountable number of peasants and vagabonds

You find yourself walking through a dark alleyway. Various small fires and huddled forms line the way. You keep going, but you get te feeling you're being watched. It isn't long until you notice two vagabonds, humanoids with the heads of octopuses, following you. You turn a few corners in an attempt to shake them off of your tail, but they know the area much better than you and keep following. You finally turn around and confront them, bone spear hidden behind your back.

"We don't take kindly to those of your kind around here." says one in a mucousy voice.

Spoiler: Vagabond 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vagabond 1 (click to show/hide)

Any orchards or woods, likely to be owned by this land's "lord".

You enter an atrium. You walk down it, find another door, and enter once again to find a lush garden, rife with trees and shrubs of every variety, some of which you don't recognize. However, something seems... amiss. The foliage all has a purple tinge, and you swear that something is watching you...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Draw my sword, get my back to a wall, and watch out for anything that approaches.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Close my eyes. Something beyond my comprehension brought me here. Perhaps it's still guiding me.

Go with the flow.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"I never knew the beggars around here could be so considerate, how'd they know I wanted calamari?" - I say to the octopus-men mockingly
Cast Neural Shock on the Octopus-man/Vagabond 1 with the copper knife, than charge at the Octopus-man with the talisman and try to impale him with my spear, if I can get close enough try to bite Vagabond 2's throat with my teeth
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:12:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

after the shock of the unfamiliar land wore off, he would decide to enter the tavern and start his duties as a Law-bringer. That meant hunting down fugitives and criminals until some form of order had been restored to the city. He starts by going up to the tavernkeep and asking about known bands of criminals.
"And so my task begins anew..."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:55:33 pm by Dustan Hache »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coinage is useless in this land, prisoners...
All debts are paid in blood.

Draw my sword, get my back to a wall, and watch out for anything that approaches.

You stay on guard, and make your way back to the entrance. You stumble on a root and fall flat on your face. You look up to see...

an ambulatory plant, limbs stretched out at you like claws.

You're not one to harm a plant, but these circumstances seem to leave you little choice.

(6 + 2 = 8 NRDL vs. 4 + 1 Treebeastmonsterthingything)

You scramble away before the thing can attack.

Spoiler: Treethingything (click to show/hide)

Close my eyes. Something beyond my comprehension brought me here. Perhaps it's still guiding me.

Go with the flow.

You...
You are attuning yourself...
Few of the new ones to these lands do so...
I shall tell you what I can...

Thine soul hast left thine body...
It has traveled far, to a new land...
This land is called the Resonance...
It is a land where time means nothing...

There are ways to leave this place...
Yet the path to victory...

Is lined with blood.

You open your eyes. Tall grass surrounds you on all sides. You feel danger, and an innate and primal instinct is overwhelming you.

"I never knew the beggars around here could be so considerate, how'd they know I wanted calamari?" - I say to the octopus-men mockingly
Cast Neural Shock on the Octopus-man/Vagabond 1 with the copper knife, than charge at the Octopus-man with the talisman and try to impale him with my spear, if I can get close enough try to bite Vagabond 2's throat with my teeth

Cast Neural Shock? Without a catalyst? That's pretty hard.

You can do the second part though, and that's exactly what you do.

(3 + 4 + 1 = 8 ShadowClaw vs. 4 + 2 = 6 Vagabond)

You don't impale them, but you certainly deal some damage to the first vagabond, who starts cursing and limping away. The second one starts screaming in a strange language and holding the talisman he clutches high above his head.

(11 + 2 = 13 dodge ShadowClaw vs. 10 + 1 + 2 = 13 attack Vagabond)

You barely manage to avoid a burst of foul smelling goo that erupts from the talisman. The vagabond repeats the spell and attacks again!

(7 + 2 = 9 dodge ShadowClaw vs. 1 = 1 attack Vagabond)

The glob of filth falls short of you and splashes on the ground near the Vagabond, spraying bits of the goo all over them!

after the shock of the unfamiliar land wore off, he would decide to enter the tavern and start his duties as a Law-bringer. That meant hunting down fugitives and criminals until some form of order had been restored to the city. He starts by going up to the tavernkeep and asking about known bands of criminals.
"And so my task begins anew..."

You enter the tavern, which is mostly empty besides for the tavernkeeper and two customers. You sit on the stool and nod to the bartender.

"What can I get for you?" he asks in a gruff voice. You ask if he knows of any rumours that might pay, especially those involving outlaws. He starts laughing uncontrollably. You wait respectfully, but he brushes you off and returns to mixing a drink for a heavily armored knight at the far side of the bar. The other customer slides to the stool next to you.

"You're new here, I can tell. Nobody uses any money around these parts, no. The currency here is blood. This place is called the Resonance. None of us remember how we got here, and there's only one way to get out as far as we know - dying. Of course, death is different here, as is everything else. You can suffer many physical deaths, and with each one your soul diminishes in energy. Eventually, it will simply fade away as you plummet into insanity, and cease to exist.

Hehehe, enough of that, though. Don't want to scare you before we get to the best part, haha. There might actually be a way to get out of this hellhole. Of course, everyone who tried to is probably dead. To the far Southwest of here, there's something... something that may be a gate out of here. However, an evil magic controls that place, driving all who enter to violence, and many great monsters lurk there. I've tried to get there a few times, yet each time I died. I fear that the next time I die will be my last, so now I just sit here, enjoying the drinks. You're always welcome to do the same if you lose your nerve... Haha..."

The man sighs, and stares into his drink.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(I didn't mention anything about money, but ok.)
"Then that is my goal here. I will put a end to whatever curse holds us in this land. But first, small steps. Who or what are the most troubling creatures or outlaws in this area?"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

((Just going to go with the flow with combat, I assume your using a 1d20 and using modifiers from stats and/or equipment, it was either me missing the rules like a fool or they were intentionally not clarified ;)  )) Anyways...
"You folks seem quite the fools now aren't ya? Couldn't even land a scratch. Well it just what you expect from a pair of walking sushi"

Time to finish this battle. slash my spear against the talisman Octupus-Man, maybe try to get a claw and/or bite attack if I can get close enough
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:10:19 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Why do you oppose me, child of nature? We have no cause for conflict..."

Attempt to reason with the tree. If it doesn't feel like listening, just get out of sight.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18