Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30876 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Journey Steadily South!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Join along with Dwyn, heading south

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Journey Steadily South!
Join along with Dwyn, heading south
The two of you gallivant south wards until you come to a somewhat figurative fork in the road, considering that there is in fact no road to follow, just a shallow river. One path leads to a scorched field, one leads to a swampy marshland, and one leads to withered and dead grass. You're not quite sure, but you think that the path that leads into marshland is the one that goes completely south...

The two of you muster up your bravery and plunge into the muck.

It turns out that it isn't infested with bloodsucking leeches or giant spiders. It's really just a normal swamp, and the worst thing you encounter is a small swarm of biting gnats. Not to say that biting gnats aren't bad or anything. They suck. It's just that they aren't generally going to fill you with venom, impale you on a talon, or suck all of your blood.

After what seems like an eternity of fending off an endless horde of gnats, you stumble onto somewhat less muddy ground. In the distance, you see the blaze of fire. You trudge steadily towards it, and see a blacksmith's forge. The embers of the forge gleam with an iridescent sheen.

"You must be the ones with the Blood of the Ancients."

You both whirl around. A man dressed in the attire of a plague doctor watches you from behind his avian mask.

"Welcome to the Bloodforge. I can shape blood into powerful armaments and armors, if you so fancy, or I can imbue what you already have with more power using the selfsame blood. It can't be any of the standard stuff, though - black, blue, and red blood simply aren't powerful to use in the Bloodforge - they'll boil away in no time."

Follow the rest back to "civilisation".
go to the tavern. It's time to march.
"Kien, it's time to leave. I need to talk with you as well."
ask Kien what he knows about the mysterious entity known as "the light" and any recorded history going back before the arrival of spirits.

The two of you journey together towards the town, followed closely by Deikos. Once you reach the tavern, the two of you split up, with Deikos following Dustan.

Nixtar

You journey into the town. It's empty, save for a few hushed passerbys. As you stroll through the streets, an old man wrapped in a blanket grabs your leg.

"It's encroaching on us! The clouds... the ones that possess... they draw closer!"

You remove the man's hand from your leg and keep going. You don't have time to chit-chat, as your chest wound is really bleeding badly and you're starting to feel faint. Finally, you lay your eyes upon a fountain of crystal clear water. You dive in, and feel your wounds close instantly.

Dustan Hache

You walk in the tavern, and spot Kien. You notice the knight from the battle trailing nervously behind you.
"Kien, it's time to leave. I need to talk with you as well."

Kien stands, eyeing the knight uneasily, and nods.

"What you need? I am in your service. I would have die without you - knights would kill me."

You ask Kien about the light. His bulbous eyes narrow slightly.

"I know little about light except what legend say. Light and darkness have great battle, and our people spring forth from dark blood spilled. Yours from light. That why we have dark blood.

Elder in my village once tell me that light is gone from land, but darkness not. He say that Lake Spirit say that light defeated by darkness, imprison."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Much better."

Ask around the town for the location of the chest with five amulets, as well as the means to acquire more "blood".
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"that matches my limited knowledge. Perhaps I will speak to your elder at another time, but first: the lake spirit."
begin traveling to the lake spirit's domain with Kien, preferably avoiding combat with his kin where possible.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Are those spoilers I see?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are those spoilers I see?

Not really. Nothing too big or important revealed. A lot of the enemies there you won't even see here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Psst, shadow, draganian, the turn is up. It's time to post!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"I wasn't personally searching for you, blacksmith. Y'see I was looking for other creatures to slay which will allow me to have more supplies and loot that , so that I can eventually get some of these weapon upgrades and such."
Ask the blacksmith for the general price range for a weapon upgrade or buildings a new armament
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

"I was directed here by a voice, told to find you and enlist your services if possible. I have little to offer you, but I have found this- and it is not quite as other bloods I have seen. Is it, perhaps, of use to you?"
Show globule of sandy blood
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Much better."

Ask around the town for the location of the chest with five amulets, as well as the means to acquire more "blood".

(16) You figure the best place to do that would be the tavern. As you approach the door, you hear music and laughter. It seems that you chose a good time to ask around - the tavern sounds crowded. You enter, and the stench of just about every single alcohol you've ever heard of, mixed with the slightest hint of piss, assails your nose. A jeering lot of spirits lies inside. While most of the humans, dwarves, elves, blue skinned men, intelligent birds, tentacled crabs, and sentient statues in the tavern are completely drunk, you notice three people who may be of more interest.

The first is an older woman wrapped in a cloak. She sits alone, sipping sparingly out of her tankard.

The second is a red-nosed dwarf, clad in heavy armor. A battleaxe hangs at his side, and he's chugging a ram's horn full of mead.

The third is... well, someone. A cloak conceals their features. They seem to carry no weapons, and have no alcohol. They sit silently, observing everything.

You look around for the halberdier and the knight, but neither of them are anywhere to be found.

"that matches my limited knowledge. Perhaps I will speak to your elder at another time, but first: the lake spirit."
begin traveling to the lake spirit's domain with Kien, preferably avoiding combat with his kin where possible.

Kien nods.

"Hrrggghhh..."

You assume that's the sound Kien makes during periods of thought.

"I have idea. I need take your halberd, you act as prisoner. I take you far into land and you pretend be prisoner. If you not trust me, I know. Before we do, I take you as far as I can."

You, Kien, and the knight, who introduces himself as Deikos of High Rock, travel towards the wall. The three of you pass by the knights, and make it into the untamed wilds that serve as the home of the cuttlefish men, and by extension, the Lake Spirit.

"I wasn't personally searching for you, blacksmith. Y'see I was looking for other creatures to slay which will allow me to have more supplies and loot that , so that I can eventually get some of these weapon upgrades and such."
Ask the blacksmith for the general price range for a weapon upgrade or buildings a new armament

The blacksmith chuckles.

"I understand. The Bloodforge needs blood to run, does it not? And yet... your friend, what does he have?"

The blacksmith turns to Dwyn.

"I was directed here by a voice, told to find you and enlist your services if possible. I have little to offer you, but I have found this- and it is not quite as other bloods I have seen. Is it, perhaps, of use to you?"
Show globule of sandy blood

"That is indeed something I can work with. It's not much, so I can't forge anything out of it, but I can certainly imbue your current weapon with its essence."

The blacksmith inspects the globule of sandy blue blood and nods.

"This blood is tied to the living earth - perhaps it can grant some of that power to you. Be warned, however - you can only imbue an unascended weapon three times...

I suppose I should explain how the Bloodforge works.

There are four things you can do with the Bloodforge - imbue weapons, ascend weapons, create weapons, and reforge weapons.

Imbuing weapons is simple - give me special blood, and I can channel some of the blood's power into your weapon. Your weapon will become more powerful with the added power. A weapon can be imbued a maximum of three times - unless it is ascended.

Ascending weapons is far more complicated than imbuing them. It requires a special kind of blood that varies with the weapon. Ascending a weapon will give it unique properties, and allow it to be imbued once more. Most weapons can be ascended three times, although some can be ascended more.

Creating weapons is simple, but it requires very rare blood. That's about it. Most weapons created from special blood can be ascended once or twice more, and bear special properties.

Reforging weapons is the art of breaking them down into their bare essences. Reforging a weapon removes all imbuements and ascensions from it. In order to reforge a weapon, it must be ascended at least once. Blood used to imbue a weapon will not be returned upon reforging, although blood used to ascend it will.

So, do you wish to imbue your weapon?"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Greetings. I have need of information."

Approach the third, cloaked figure, ask the questions needed to learn more about the amulets, and blood.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"I trust you with my weapon as you trusted me with your life. I am sure you will not disappoint me."
agreeing with the plan, he would hand over the halberd to Kien. He then turns his attention to the fellow knight following him.
"Deikos, I am undertaking a dangerous mission in hopes of bringing peace between us and Kien's people. I will not hold it against you if you do not agree with my sentiments, but I wish to minimize the bloodshed caused in this trip. If you wish to join me, stay your blade unless we are attacked first."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"I, as well, have a globule of sandy blue blood. Is this enough blood to imbue my bone spear?

Request an imbuement for my spear
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18