Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30807 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
RTKEOAES, aka Dark Souls the RTD (4/4, we even have tower knights)
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »

There’s now a leveling guide in the OP, so you guys don’t need my help or anything.

despite being in danger of being slaughtered, he would seem to relax. He was not afraid of the giant of a man clad in black steel before him.
"I have no quarrel with you or your men. I merely want to meet and speak to the lake spirit. I was hoping to avoid bloodshed, not cause it. I request that you let us pass in the interest of bringing peace."
attempt to reason with the blacksteel knight*. Failing that, get ready to dodge it's first strike and try to sprint past it.
(Dat instant boss battle of nopenopenope)

The knight pauses.

"I have every reason to strike you down where you stand, but I am not without honor. If it is peace you seek, then leave this place. The Lake Spirit will not speak with you - it will kill you if you approach it. Leave, or I will be forced to kill you."

You clench your fist. You will not back down that easily. Deikos watches you, wondering what your next move will be. You charge directly at the knight (14), who raises their shield, expecting you to attack. You slide past the knight and make your way into a doorway which is too small for the knight to fit in. The knight turns around as you finish, just as (17) Deikos follows you, swerving around the confused knight and through the doorway. The knight stares at you for a second.

"You really think that you can escape that easily?"

The knight raises his shield, and as you watch, charges at the doorway. You and Deikos start dashing down a hallway just as the knight smashes through the doorway as if it was made of plaster. You keep running down the hallway, turning corners and toppling objects in a vain attempt to shake the knight off of your trail, who is gaining on you. As you round another corner, you’re forced to skid to a halt.

Four knights, with helms in the shape of a wolf’s head, block your way. They all wield large two-handed swords. It looks like you’re trapped between a rock and a hard place, to say the least.

Spoiler: Wolf Knight 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Knight 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Knight 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Knight 4 (click to show/hide)

"Come forward, and meet your destinies."

Utilise hit and run tactics, attack the ones that get nearest to me, aiming for their legs in order to cripple their movement.

You ready your katana as the first of the bandits, the one with the pickaxe, approaches. Just as he gets in range…

(4 vs. 19)

You attack, but he parries. He goes in for a riposte despite the slowness of his weapon…

(6 vs. 5)

But botches it up. You dance just out of range for him to counterattack, when one of the goblins lunges at you.

(14 vs. 8)
(3 vs. 6)
You dodge their first attack, but their second shortsword manages to graze your shoulder. The wound is superficial and the pain is minimal, luckily.

-4 HP

The other goblin bandit shrieks and charges you. They swing their first sword at you…

(14 vs. 5)

And you parry them!

(13 vs. -1)

You lunge forwards and riposte, driving your katana through the goblin’s lower body. You pull your blade out of the goblin and watch as they sink, lifeless, to the ground. The human wielding the claymore tries slamming into you!

(3 vs. 17)

Their massive frame easily bowls you over. You don’t fall over, but you feel like all of your ribs have compound fractures. It isn’t a good feeling.

-9 HP

You (4) try putting some distance between yourself and the bandits, but you accidentally trip on a rock and don’t cover much ground. The human with the pickaxe slinks to your left, while the goblin and the human with the claymore stay in front of you.

"Be interesting to catch a few alive. I used to know a number of women who'd pay a fortune for anything with tentacles on it."

Defensive fighting with the lizard, use the whip to keep the dog things at bay and try to aim the snaps for their eyes (if any).
"It's seem like these fiends want to take a bite out of us, I'll show them what happens when they try that"

Take a few swings at the first incoming blightdogs who gets in the range of my spear. Try to strafe and move around during combat.

(I'll note it in my character sheet, but the stat bonus I choose is a +1 to Dex) Just calculated, didn't level up yet.

The two of you go back to back. You notice that the tentacled dog things do in fact have eyes, although they look somewhat underdeveloped. The vile creatures circle you for a few seconds before one of them finally springs forth, teeth snapping. With a mighty bound, it propels itself towards Dwyn’s throat…

(5 vs. 3)

Only to have Dwyn sidestep it. The creature flies past Dwyn and crashes into a gnarled tree, stunning it. A second one of the creatures, noticing the failure of the first, takes a more careful approach. It charges at Vingar, only to stop just out of range from his spear. Vingar lunges out with his spear…

(9 vs. 13)

But the creature dodges the blow and hurls itself at Vingar. It latches onto him with its tentacles, and tries to bite him!

(8 vs. 11)

Vingar tries pushing the creature off, but it’s to no avail. The creature clamps down on Vingar’s shoulder with its razor sharp teeth.

-13 HP!

Vingar bashes the thing in the face with his spear, (18) and wrenches its tentacles off of him. He hurls the creature away, but it doesn’t appear to be hurt. The fourth and fifth dogs spring at Dwyn in conjunction.

(5 vs. 14)
(22 vs. 13)

Dwyn’s whip tears across the face of one of the monsters with force, knocking it out of the air. The other one, however, manages to latch on to Dwyn’s arm with its teeth. It shakes its head viciously, and Dwyn clenches his teeth (wait does he have teeth) in pain.

-14 HP!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Dark Souls the RTD (4/4, we even have tower knights)
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:34 pm »

"If the lake spirit will kill us anyway, then why stop us from going to our deaths? It saves you the effort of killing us, and since we have no intention of causing more bloodshed, the worst that will happen is we defeat the spirit and escape before it recovers. As for escaping? If I had wanted to do that I would of run away from you, not past you."
engage the new foes, and attempt to bait a charge from the blacksteel knight to disrupt their line and provide passage if my words do not persuade them. Focus on parrying attacks and blunt ripostes while drawing as many of them to me and off Deikos.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2017, 01:40:05 am »

Feint with a wide swing towards the two at my front, then redirect the strike and thrust at the human to my left.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2017, 12:41:52 pm »

bump and in the fashion of Mallos' Roll to Heresy, we now have a discord: https://discord.gg/ZB8M8Hb

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »

"I think continued fighting with these creatures will lead to our demise, I'll defend them off while you are given the opportunity to flee
Continue strafing throughout the fight, show no sign of relief, continue making those spear pokes into the head of those tentacles dogs if they move up

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2017, 01:30:26 pm »

bump and in the fashion of Mallos' Roll to Heresy, we now have a discord: https://discord.gg/ZB8M8Hb
its... empty.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:30 pm »

its... empty.
Well I just made it like 20 minutes ago so don't expect much

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2017, 11:39:22 pm »

Dwyn shook the creature off his arm, but kept his whip moving. Broad sweeps to drive the monsters back, punctuated by sharp stinging cracks that could split hide and tangle limbs.

"Flight at first blood is not quite in my nature, but I agree that a bit of mobility might put us in a better situation.'

Cautiously retreat, but stay in support range of the lizard. No use losing a useful tool just because it decided to be heroic.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2017, 11:50:29 pm »

Action tomorrow.

Also, if I made an RTKEOAES 2 when this is done, would you be interested in participating?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2017, 06:41:08 pm »

Apparently there's a small chance I might have to update tomorrow. Sorry about the short delay.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2017, 11:24:59 pm »

Due to the late update, you're all receiving a bonus to your rolls.

Dwyn shook the creature off his arm, but kept his whip moving. Broad sweeps to drive the monsters back, punctuated by sharp stinging cracks that could split hide and tangle limbs.

"Flight at first blood is not quite in my nature, but I agree that a bit of mobility might put us in a better situation.'

Cautiously retreat, but stay in support range of the lizard. No use losing a useful tool just because it decided to be heroic.
"I think continued fighting with these creatures will lead to our demise, I'll defend them off while you are given the opportunity to flee
Continue strafing throughout the fight, show no sign of relief, continue making those spear pokes into the head of those tentacles dogs if they move up
The two of you make your way back towards the edge of the plain while taking quick strikes at the beasts. (17) Your combined efforts keep the fiends at bay, and you manage to make it to the edge of the strange land. The tentacled canids slink back into the forest, leaving the two of you wounded but alive.
+6 EXP! (Vingar, Dwyn)
Feint with a wide swing towards the two at my front, then redirect the strike and thrust at the human to my left.
You leap forward and deliver an arcing slash towards the two bandits to your front.

(11 vs. 3, 6)

They both fall for the ruse, leaping backwards in preparation for a follow-up attack. You then leap to your left, startling the human bandit, and lunge at him with your katana...

(7 vs. 5)

Grazing his chest. You manage to strike again!

(4 vs. 14)

He parries the blow, and goes in for a riposte....

(12 vs. 14)

Which strikes you in the chest. Luckily, it's the blunt side of the pick that hits you, dealing no permanent damage, but you're still staggered by the force of the blow.

You try and regain your footing, but it's to no avail. The bandit with the claymore (3) charges you, weapon raised!

"If the lake spirit will kill us anyway, then why stop us from going to our deaths? It saves you the effort of killing us, and since we have no intention of causing more bloodshed, the worst that will happen is we defeat the spirit and escape before it recovers. As for escaping? If I had wanted to do that I would of run away from you, not past you."
engage the new foes, and attempt to bait a charge from the blacksteel knight to disrupt their line and provide passage if my words do not persuade them. Focus on parrying attacks and blunt ripostes while drawing as many of them to me and off Deikos.

My orders are to let nobody pass.

Two of the wolf knights fall upon you, while the other two circle Deikos. One of the Wolf Knights lunges at you...

(16 vs. 11)

But you parry the blow. You go in for a riposte...

(5 vs. 18)

But your attack is easily evaded. The second knight tries bashing you with their shield...

(8 vs. 13)

And knocks you off balance. You stumble backwards, staggered. Deikos spars with the other two knights, but his defensive tactics render both parties unharmed. The first knight leaps at you again...

(4 vs. 17)

And disarms you, tearing your halberd out of your grip. They swipe at your forehead with the pommel of their blade...

(6 vs. 11)

And knock you out.

Everything goes dark.

When you wake up, you're in a small room. As your vision sharpens, you realize that you're in a small prison cell, carved into the rock. A sleeping cuttlefish man guard lies outside the iron bars that hold you within. Deikos sits beside you, polishing his armor with a small piece of cloth. He doesn't seem to know that you're awake.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka For Honor the RTD (4/4, we even have a lawbringer)
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »

Kick dust into the claymore wielding man's eyes, strike at his groin.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2017, 12:26:16 am »

examine the cell, and see if the guard has keys on them. Don't touch quite yet.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

Kebump

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2017, 10:57:53 pm »

Guys, I don't want to have to skip you, but come on
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18