Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30878 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Draignean

Shadowclaw

pls do a postings now

(Sorry. Been a full day.))

"So, another glowing one. An opportunity to see where our master wishes to lead us, or perhaps a distraction from a truer and more mercantile purpose, eh?"

Barring object from my scaled friend, follow the halberdier at a safe distance.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"Hmph these glowing people just seem to be a common occurrence now don't they?
Join along Dwyn for tracking this halberdier

(Sorry as well, not been given enough opportunities to write my action because of my packed day)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

"As much as I'd like these voices to SHUT UP...you intrigue me. What say you?"

Listen to what the ethereal voice has to say.

Thine destiny awaits thee ahead...
Thou shalt see upon thine exit.

You wait.

That's it.

(20!) You steel your nerves, take a calm breath, and start taking measured steps out of the field. You count every second, keep your mind alert, and grin with satisfaction as the mental prison you were trapped in fades away. Finally, you push away a clump of grass and re-enter the verdant plains of the safe area. Three figures stand around you.

(See post below)

"Hmph these glowing people just seem to be a common occurrence now don't they?
Join along Dwyn for tracking this halberdier

(Sorry as well, not been given enough opportunities to write my action because of my packed day)

(See post below)

Draignean

Shadowclaw

pls do a postings now

(Sorry. Been a full day.))

"So, another glowing one. An opportunity to see where our master wishes to lead us, or perhaps a distraction from a truer and more mercantile purpose, eh?"

Barring object from my scaled friend, follow the halberdier at a safe distance.

(see post below)

he would grunt and acknowledge the existence of the lizardman and the slaver, but otherwise ignore them as he enters in search of the elf, stopping to listen and get his bearings or scythe grass down into small clearings with his halberd to make navigating back slightly easier.

You prepare to delve into the grass. However, you're quickly interrupted when an elf stumbles out of the grass and stops directly in front of you. How awkward. You don't say anything, and quickly size up the elf. Where you come from, such creatures are only legend...

You're interrupted by a strange howl coming from what seems to be the ground. The elf looks at you questioningly, and you shrug. The howling grows louder, and you inadvertently stumble back when the ground starts to tremble.

Your eyes widen when the ground splits open, and out of the chasm emerges a strange humanoid creature. It has the lower body of a human, and the head of a jackal. A strange mask covers half of its face, but it is otherwise unarmored. It wields a short spear and a shield emblazoned with an eye. Before you can react, a second jackal-headed man crawls out of the chasm, armed and armored in a similar fashion.

Finally, in a spray of rock and dust, a third and final jackal man emerges from the chasm. This one wields a cruelly hooked sword in one hand and a glowing dagger in the other. He wears ancient-looking armor, as well as a more complex version of the masks the other two jackal men are wearing.

Spoiler: ??? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lesser Jackal Demon 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lesser Jackal Demon 2 (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Well. Not exactly what I was expecting, admittedly."

Draw my katana, strike at the nearest Jackal Man.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

The knight would hang back,intending to intercept and parry any attacks made against the elf and deliver blunt counter-attacks in return where possible.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Now look what do we have here, a bunch of demons now? How quaint
With my spear and wooden parrying shield equipped, charge at the closest Jackal Man trying to parry any attacks directed at me as well as going for a spear attack towards the chest of any of the Jackal men
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Focus on dealing snapping blows at the edge of my range to the lesser jackal men. The armor of the greater demon might prove difficult for a whip to deal with immediately.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

With my spear and wooden parrying shield equipped, charge at the closest Jackal Man trying to parry any attacks directed at me as well as going for a spear attack towards the chest of any of the Jackal men
"Ironic, concidering you work with one."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

"Ironic, concidering you work with one."
Don't mind my obligatory threats, their just their for inciting of a fight. I don't truly have care for what my allies are but for my enemies it's a different story

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwyn peered over his spectacles at Halberdier. "If you're referring to me, I am most certainly not a demon."
---

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Dwyn peered over his spectacles at Halberdier. "If you're referring to me, I am most certainly not a demon."
"Never said you were. That was your friend."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

The armored jackal man assumes a fighting stance.

"Don't resist. I shall send your souls to their eternal rest." it says, advancing.

With a lightning quick movement, it strikes at Dwyn.

(7 + 4 + 1 vs. 11 + 2)

Focus on dealing snapping blows at the edge of my range to the lesser jackal men. The armor of the greater demon might prove difficult for a whip to deal with immediately.

You're just barely able to dodge the jackal man's quick strike. You waste no time in retaliating with a blow of your own. If you count retaliating as just striking at another jackal demon creature.

(9 + 2 vs. 18 + 2)

Your first blow knocked aside by the jackal man's curved blade. Not giving up, you strike again.

(16 + 2 vs. 4 + 2)

Your second attack cracks down upon the creature, which hisses and lunges at the nearest thing to it, which happens to be the elf that stumbled out of the grass.

-8 HP (Lesser Jackal Demon 2)

"Well. Not exactly what I was expecting, admittedly."

Draw my katana, strike at the nearest Jackal Man.

You draw your katana and keep an eye on the nearest Jackal Man. Sure enough, after one of the other people around you lashes it, it leaps at you.

(20 + 2 vs. 15 + 2 + 2)

It is quick to strike, but you are even faster. You parry it, and lunge in for a riposte.

(17 + 2 + 2 vs. 11 + 2 - 3)

You impale the monster on your katana, and push it off of your blade with your foot. It twitches for a second before lying still.

+27 EXP to Nixtar!
+2 red blood to Nixtar!
+11 EXP to Dwyn!

You hear a growl from behind you. The other jackal man is behind you, and ready to strike!

The knight would hang back,intending to intercept and parry any attacks made against the elf and deliver blunt counter-attacks in return where possible.

Seeing the elf in trouble, you leap at the jackal man. With a rousing battle cry, you slam into the jackal demon at full force.

(12 + 2 + 2 + 1 vs. 4 + 2)

Your strength, combined with the weight of your equipment, allows you to bowl the Jackal Man over. He slides back, and growls. You growl back. The jackal man with the spear mutters a short incantation in a foreign language, and his spear starts to glow. He lunges at you!

(7 + 2 vs. 14 + 2 + 1)

You groan as the spear grazes your side. You instantly feel drowsy...

-7 HP

You charge the jackal man wearing the armor.

(11 + 2 + 1 vs. 7 + 4 + 2 + 1)

The jackal man weaves just out of range of your spear, and then strikes back, movements fluid and quick.

(7 + 2 + 1 vs. 3 + 4 + 1)

You parry his attack, (7) but he moves out of range before you can riposte.

Spoiler: Dustan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwyn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nixtar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vingar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jackal Demon 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Aim for the legs of the armoured Jackal Man, cripple its movements with a quick slash.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Despite his slowed movements, he would try to keep the jackal man occupied by feinting a slower swing into a quick pommel-jab to the leg, preferably trying to dislocate their knee.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Time is an illusion..."

Tap the halberdier in the back with my ring, then whip the fuck out of the remaining minor jackal
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18