Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workflow  (Read 2331 times)

madmarshman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Workflow
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:06:34 pm »

HI, I'm new to DF, have downloaded the starter pack 43.03. I have watched a few tutorials and was surprised that when I ran LNP, workflow does not appear under the DFHacks tab. My question is, is it in the pack and enabled by default? Thanks

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Workflow
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:46 pm »

AFAIK the base game now comes with similar functionality, so DFHack (and the LNP) no longer include it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:45:28 am »

AFAIK the base game now comes with similar functionality, so DFHack (and the LNP) no longer include it.
DFHack still includes it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:46:21 pm »

Select one of your workshops, add a repeating task, then hit <alt>-w. If workflow isn't currently enabled, you will be asked if you want to enable it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:11:02 pm »

Select one of your workshops, add a repeating task, then hit <alt>-w. If workflow isn't currently enabled, you will be asked if you want to enable it.
This keybinding, on the other hand, was removed. It should probably be re-added at some point, but I don't believe it's in DFHack 0.43.05-beta1.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »

Noted. I've been playing 43.05 completely vanilla, so haven't noticed this change.

I only mentioned it because the OP said he was new to DF and downloaded 43.03 starter pack, and I think that's how it worked then. You didn't have to change any settings, just try to invoke it and you are good to go.

Why was the keybinding removed, do you know?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:36:38 pm »

Oh, the binding was probably there by default in the 0.43.03 builds. It was removed because there was some concern that workflow would break in 0.43.05, or that it would be unnecessary, but I've been meaning to re-add it.

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 01:56:30 am »

The old workflow status_overlay keybinding does not work (in v43.03) and tends to crash DF. The following keybinding work for me (DFHack 43.05 alpha3 win32):

# workflow front-end
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow
keybinding add Alt-W@dfhack/lua/status_overlay "gui/workflow status"

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:52:02 am »

Oh, I'm guessing you mean the "overallstatus" binding, which probably wasn't working because you had the gui/extended-status script enabled. I'm not sure how that could crash, though. I'll make sure both versions are added, for people who aren't using that script.

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:36:39 am »

Oh, I'm guessing you mean the "overallstatus" binding, which probably wasn't working because you had the gui/extended-status script enabled. I'm not sure how that could crash, though. I'll make sure both versions are added, for people who aren't using that script.

Yes that gui/extended-status script was enabled by default. But I had no idea, that it would affect the workflow keybinding. However changing the workflow_status keybinding stoped workflow from crashing, when opening the workflow screen.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 11:10:38 am »

That's strange. Changing a keybinding shouldn't affect crashes at all. Was that just occurring in 0.43.03, or does it happen in 0.43.05 too?

Edit: 'keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"' doesn't crash for me with DFHack 0.43.05-beta1, but it obviously doesn't work with gui/extended-status enabled.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:13:33 am by lethosor »

ancient_vampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 11:45:06 am »

That's strange. Changing a keybinding shouldn't affect crashes at all. Was that just occurring in 0.43.03, or does it happen in 0.43.05 too?

Edit: 'keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"' doesn't crash for me with DFHack 0.43.05-beta1, but it obviously doesn't work with gui/extended-status enabled.

No, it does not happen in 43.05 alpha3 anymore. Also it was DFHack 43.05alpha1 when I noticed that crash not v43.03 ... sorry for that mistake.

edit: I donīt know if that keybinding crashed DF. But it only happened when I pressed alt-w on the overallstatus screen, using 'keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status" in combination with that gui/extended-status script.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:03:41 pm by ancient_vampire »