Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "His exterior is purple."  (Read 11641 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: "His exterior is purple."
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »

I just like the image of a plump helmet man teaching a class the art of necromancy through pantomime.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »

Viva la Revolution!
Viva la Undergrowth!

Could this be Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man in disguise?
To the beer!

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 04:06:22 pm »

You're all making fun of the fact that a mush man can't talk but you're forgetting the fact that they can write stuff. So maybe its not that hard for them to communicate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 05:11:31 pm »

You're all making fun of the fact that a mush man can't talk but you're forgetting the fact that they can write stuff. So maybe its not that hard for them to communicate.
But somehow a plump helmet man poet master in my new world has managed to gain "Great Speaker". No, something's definitely going wrong... :)

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:35 pm »

But somehow a plump helmet man poet master in my new world has managed to gain "Great Speaker". No, something's definitely going wrong... :)

Maybe he cut himself a mouth, and started talking?
To the beer!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 08:56:22 pm »

Sign language uses mostly the same regions of the brain as spoken language.

Some mushrooms can expel spores with a puff of air, maybe these can modulate that function to speak. Which means, whenever one speaks ...
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »

Some mushrooms can expel spores with a puff of air, maybe these can modulate that function to speak. Which means, whenever one speaks ...

Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Here at Bay12 we make Newton our bitch and Darwin suck our dicks.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 11:17:41 pm »

I imagine that it'd be more of a vibration of his gills (the frilly bits on the bottom of the cap) accomplished the same way that makes PHMs able to walk around and stuff.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 05:58:36 am »

Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Sigged

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 02:25:14 pm »

Viva la Revolution!
Viva la Undergrowth!

Could this be Plumpy the Plump Helmet Man in disguise?

NAah, he killed all the greens.

*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »

And that's when we're not making them roll over in their graves and harvesting the rotation as a source of perpetual energy.
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.
Pages: 1 [2]