Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will my corpses still fight on?  (Read 1025 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Will my corpses still fight on?
« on: February 21, 2017, 07:48:54 pm »

Alright, so I decided I wanted to make a vampiric necromancer, hadn't done that in ages... It worked pretty easily, had some fun raising random human corpses before I learned they get one-shotted if they don't have a head. Zombies my ass. But, then I noticed I was in a savage tropical grassland and such area. Giant lions! Rhinos! A random Impala I recruited apparently! I amassed a ton of zombies, all from powerful creatures, plus an impala. Then I charged through the nearest goblin fortress, aiming for the spire, because there was a stupid sheep demon at the top who didn't deserve to live. I fought my way really easily all the way to him, just had to sit through lag and messages of beak dogs being smashed apart. I got up there, waited for my zombies to assemble, then charged forward... My zombies split off to the wings to attack the fishergoblins along the sides, as I'd already ran towards the sheep fiend... Despite being a vampire, he was much stronger, and simply one-shotted me with a punch to the face, my head exploding in gore. Question, though: Will my corpses go on a massacre after my death? Or will they just cease to exist, or even join Sheeptar?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will my corpses still fight on?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:53:00 pm »

Alright, so I decided I wanted to make a vampiric necromancer, hadn't done that in ages... It worked pretty easily, had some fun raising random human corpses before I learned they get one-shotted if they don't have a head. Zombies my ass. But, then I noticed I was in a savage tropical grassland and such area. Giant lions! Rhinos! A random Impala I recruited apparently! I amassed a ton of zombies, all from powerful creatures, plus an impala. Then I charged through the nearest goblin fortress, aiming for the spire, because there was a stupid sheep demon at the top who didn't deserve to live. I fought my way really easily all the way to him, just had to sit through lag and messages of beak dogs being smashed apart. I got up there, waited for my zombies to assemble, then charged forward... My zombies split off to the wings to attack the fishergoblins along the sides, as I'd already ran towards the sheep fiend... Despite being a vampire, he was much stronger, and simply one-shotted me with a punch to the face, my head exploding in gore. Question, though: Will my corpses go on a massacre after my death? Or will they just cease to exist, or even join Sheeptar?
You can be a vampire and a necromancer, not just one or the other?
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »

You can be a vampire and a necromancer, not just one or the other?

Yep. Tip over a statue, then walk into the tower, ask about their days, pick up a book and have an evening read. Claim site for your own, get spit at as it fails miserably, but hey, you're still a necro.

It's a lot easier to become a vamp or were than I used to think.  :P I used to go on huge quests to find weres and vamps and get them to infect me, or mount huge raiding parties of macemen and hammermen to charge into towers to fight my way through to get to a book...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:58:02 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:55 am »

Zombies used to be nearly invincible, and you couldn't get cursed from tipping statues before.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:25:09 am »

If you did this while invading a necromancer's tower, well...the answer is sometimes, and it's fucking epic when is DOES happen. As everyone's favorite Swedish maniac demonstrates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnzEgIGRek
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.