Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Shatterlurk was a buzzard."  (Read 1690 times)

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Shatterlurk was a buzzard."
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:23:50 am »

I'm starting to think I have the most amazing luck in Dwarf Fortress. This buzzard? Yeah, it just saved my adventurer. A night creature was attacking me and nearly killed me, but then something attacked it long enough to distract it and let me run. I didn't take the time to see what it was until I retired and checked legends... and somehow, it won.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Shatterlurk was a buzzard."
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:43:12 am »

I'm starting to think I have the most amazing luck in Dwarf Fortress. This buzzard? Yeah, it just saved my adventurer. A night creature was attacking me and nearly killed me, but then something attacked it long enough to distract it and let me run. I didn't take the time to see what it was until I retired and checked legends... and somehow, it won.
Ah, dwarf fortress. It is amazing the kind of shenanigans that you can get up to when players and anything, really get involved. This reminds me of the famous demon killing duck, Darkwing the Neteher fowl, and of another duck that killed 5 adventurers, without dying.

Still, awesome story sir, may DF countinue to provide you with days of epic tales and interesting stories.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:46:14 am »

Things like this are awesome, the random asskicking things coming out. Like the child that kicked my ass after I singlehandedly beat every soldier and guard in a keep, despite usually fighting multiple. This kid pulled out his knife, stabbed me in the heart, slit my throat, then cut my head off, without missing once or being blocked.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:33:31 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is awesome.  The things that can happen are close to innumerable (quantam computers might be able to count the possibilities, I don't know).  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=cef0f537b40d349ac1ff223d392abec1&topic=56935.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:40:27 pm »

build quantum computer in DF to calculate possibilities of things happening in DF
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:44:19 pm »

Damn birds, first they become Lords, and now they are killing night trolls. Whats next, them taking over the dwarves?
To the beer!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:46:29 pm »

Ravens are bad news, I've heard. Especially undead ones.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:54 pm »

A human with no combat skills cut off my leg and then killed me. With my own sword. I was legendary.

McNoodlehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 11:11:32 pm »

Damn birds, first they become Lords, and now they are killing night trolls. Whats next, them taking over the dwarves?
When the turkey lord took power, he rallied the other poultry for a war. A war every creature that thought them to be food. Soon they will eradicate the night trolls, then create a fortress. They shall raid the forces of heaven itself, and dig deep into hell itself.

Then... they shall rule.
You bumbled your way into what some people consider winning the game.
My guess is he drew a mushroom on a throne and shoved it in their faces again and again, and kept slapping anyone who looked like they disagree.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 12:55:56 pm »

One of the most awesome things I have seen was when my untrained expedition leader was mortally wounded and stranded in a hallway. I tried to get my dwarves to help him, but a troll got to him first. Some how my expedition leader, without any functioning legs, killed this troll with his bare hands. He later went beserk and killed everyone in my fortress.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »

Isn't it possible for animals that kill a sapient to get lairs? Find the buzzard's, build a fortress on top of it, and worship it as a god!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 01:57:30 pm »

Isn't it possible for animals that kill a sapient to get lairs? Find the buzzard's, build a fortress on top of it, and worship it as a god!
Hell. Yes.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.