Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using Cult Leader powers in adventure mode?  (Read 1700 times)

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Using Cult Leader powers in adventure mode?
« on: February 23, 2017, 09:47:55 am »

I'm playing a game where I attempt to collect as many secrets as possible, and I busted into a tower which turned out to be a tower of Carp God Cultists. So now I am a Cultist and I have a bunch of cool new acquired powers.

However, there's a problem: I cannot figure out how to correctly use my new powers. "Spread word of the cult" -> "Begin conversion process" -> "Finalize conversion process" seems to be a progression, but casting this sequence on some peasants did nothing. I cut off a hand and successfully "raise corpse (crab)"ed it, making a fun little crab hand, but I have not been able to repeat this behavior or use the "raise corpse (octopus)" power.

I can successfully transform to a Deep One and swim around rivers biting animals, and "awaken the fish" allows me to target fish in a river, but it seems to have no effect on them. "Transform sentient creature corpse into fish" does nothing to a dwarf Drunk corpse I dumped in the river. I haven't even found a way to use the other powers.

All my googling fails to find any documentation on what these powers do. Can anyone offer explanation on the use of Cult Leader powers?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Using Cult Leader powers in adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:50:54 am »

Is... Is this vanilla?
I've never heard of any of this.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:49:35 am by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:05 am »

lol.... I want to hear more of the adventures of the carp cultist!

its a Masterwork mod.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:23:57 am »

Is... Is this vanilla?
I've never heard of any of this.

We're on the masterwork board, so...
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:30:43 am »

lol.... I want to hear more of the adventures of the carp cultist!

its a Masterwork mod.

Yeah, I really want to attack towns with a zombie fish army. I think the transformation makes you immune to bogeymen too, because Deep Ones have [NOFEAR] so bogeymen can't attack them.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 12:06:00 pm »

Conversions won't work in adventure mode.  They are a complex transformation that requires a second trigger at the end of a year and will wear off if the trigger isn't used, so fort mode only.

You should be able to build an army of zombie crabs and octupuses though.  Not sure why it only worked once.  Try using it on either whole corpses (with intact, not-smashed upper bodies) or body parts.

"Awakening the fish" gives fish NOBREATHE, allowing them to crawl around on land.  They probably won't do it without a good reason, unless they are an Ancient Carp in fort mode (which has building destroyer tags, so it will path into your fort if there's a cultleader around).  "Enrage the fish" makes them opposed to life as well.

You should be able to transform a sapient corpse into an Ancient Carp (which will eventually become a Deep One) if you're in the water, provided it doesn't have the NOT_LIVING tag (so killed zombies won't work).  Its upper body must also be intact.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 01:50:05 pm »

Conversions won't work in adventure mode.  They are a complex transformation that requires a second trigger at the end of a year and will wear off if the trigger isn't used, so fort mode only.

You should be able to build an army of zombie crabs and octupuses though.  Not sure why it only worked once.  Try using it on either whole corpses (with intact, not-smashed upper bodies) or body parts.

"Awakening the fish" gives fish NOBREATHE, allowing them to crawl around on land.  They probably won't do it without a good reason, unless they are an Ancient Carp in fort mode (which has building destroyer tags, so it will path into your fort if there's a cultleader around).  "Enrage the fish" makes them opposed to life as well.

You should be able to transform a sapient corpse into an Ancient Carp (which will eventually become a Deep One) if you're in the water, provided it doesn't have the NOT_LIVING tag (so killed zombies won't work).  Its upper body must also be intact.
Cool! So, if I create an Ancient Carp, will it be a companion of mine, or simply a free wildlife creature?
Accidentally posted twice because I thought this didn't go through.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:56:52 pm by MinethatCrackers »

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 01:55:34 pm »

Cool, thanks! So, if I create an Ancient Carp, will it be my companion or simply a wildlife creature? I think the conversion didn't work for me because I had smashed the dwarf's body to kill him, and I had tried to raise a Putrid Blendec corpse which was actually a chunk of tetrahedrite.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:40 am »

If you create an Ancient Carp, it will actually be the dead creature resurrected and retain all their memories.  It might even attack you.  If you fast travel and come back, it should be a Deep One.  It won't be your servant though.

The cult was designed mainly for fort mode; basically the idea was that it would cause random weirdness (zombie sea creatures, people turning into fish, fish crawling around on land, little piles of fish bones lying around) and you would have to figure out where the weirdness was coming from.  The adventure mode things are more an afterthought.